• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Cant see Super Turbo getting another port though. I'm hoping for previously unavailable games ported onto home machines again like Battle Circuit and Armored Warriors. There's still a few to choose from, and if Capcom can get permission from Disney (I think they have a stake in AvP now?) then I want Punisher ported as well.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It sounds like a CPS2 game compilation like the recent SF30th anniversary and Capcom Beat 'em Up collection they released in the form or arcade stick console or mini arcade cabinet.

If instead of this is a game compilation, it would be weird to see them including a SFII again there, or seeing that they didn't include Alien vs Predator in the beat'em up bundle (maybe it's because back then they didn't have access to the Alien vs Predator IP and now that Disney boght Fox since they have a better relationship with Capcom they'd allow them to port it to current systems.

At the end of the footage in the copyright lines appears "Manufactured by Koch Media" and the AVP copyright with Fox. So I'd bet it may be one of these small arcade cabinets, or arcade sticks that can be connected to the tv without console with some CPS2 games.

It's a very cool teaser tweet for Capcom social media accounts, but knowing many SF fans can't wait for a new SFV character, I think it's a pretty dumb and insulting move from CM/communications staff to post an announcement teaser video that starts saying "HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER" and features E.Honda in the Street Fighter FB account.

Tomorrow they'll have riots once people who saw this teaser come back to these accounts thinking that this announcement was going to be the next SFV character and realize that is another thing instead.

Last edited:

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
FritesMayo over on GameFAQs posted about Falke getting a Katt (from Breath of Fire II) crossover costume. The site he mentioned apparently sourced it from the official EU PlayStation blog, so it's looking legit.

Also, this fits with what X-Kira said about Falke and others getting costumes soon. I wonder if the Sagat and Menat ones will end up being paid BoF costumes?
BSET_0205 - Falke
BSET_0206 - Sagat
BSET_0207 - Menat

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Menat still hasn't gotten an Extra Battle costume, but seeing as the FM economy is still broken, it's just as well.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
FritesMayo over on GameFAQs posted about Falke getting a Katt (from Breath of Fire II) crossover costume. The site he mentioned apparently sourced it from the official EU PlayStation blog, so it's looking legit.

Also, this fits with what X-Kira said about Falke and others getting costumes soon. I wonder if the Sagat and Menat ones will end up being paid BoF costumes?
BSET_0205 - Falke
BSET_0206 - Sagat
BSET_0207 - Menat
Sagat
latest

And I assume some version of Nina for Menat

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

Make it a collection of the movie games:
SF Real Battle on Film (Saturn port of the arcade game0
SF The Movie (Arcade port, which is not the same as the Saturn game)
SF2 Movie (its basically the animated SF2 film but spliced in with some lite 2D fighting bits. Basic idea is powering up one of Bison's bots that scan the fighters in the movie to be able to defeat Ryu).

I'd totally buy this pack. And chances are, I'd be the only person buying it!

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Street Fighter: BASED ON THE PS1 VER. BASED ON THE STREET FIGHTER: THE MOVIE : THE GAME: BASED ON THE MOVIE: BASED ON THE ARCADE GAME

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
"If we shuffle around old content into bundles, and throw a costume at them, maybe they'll forget the fact that they may have to wait a YEAR for a major new character release!"

evil ryu doesn't count. fuck that character

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
When exactly is that Ryozo guy going to take over this franchise.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
You know full well it's counter programming to get people away from Mortal Kombat 11 and playing Street Fighter V.

Now, how successful such counter programming is going to do? Well...

It ain't gonna amount to a fart in the wind because they aint offering shit that matters. In the face of arguably the biggest game in the genre. No characters, no gameplay updates, no significant gameplay modes, no new systems. The only thing they could do without offering any of those things is make SFV a F2P like KI.

AdversaryOne

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
I don't even care anymore at this point. I know it won't have as strong of legs but with MK11 right around the corner, it'll give us something new to do until a character reveal announcement.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, might set aside FM for the Falke costume, undecided.

After trying Juri against actual players, I think I'll be adding her to my character rotation.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Joker out today
MK11 out next week
And all SFV is going is a limited free trial that just adds a costume on a charecter that people can't even play because it's dlc.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was thinking about the load times yesterday, it'd be so nice to get something even just a bit faster. SSD could really help SFV's loading problem. Now if only it could get characters to release faster as well ;)

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Mmmm. Faster load times.

But yea, gonna dope that PS5 at launch.

I wonder what fighting games will fill the landscape next gen, and what console the fgc adopts as the standard for tournies.

Hope we get a new killer instinct.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't it Double Helix that did the first season though? Amazon hold them captive now. I think Iron Galaxy did season 2 (and 3?) though so there still might be hope.

Honestly though, only fighters I really look forward to next gen are from SNK and Capcom. Gimme more KOF, Garou, Marvel (or just Vs Capcom games in general), Rival Schools... or just SF6, which seems far more likely than pretty much any other of those games.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Provided that Sony don't screw up PS5 by making it more difficult to develop for (unlikely with Cerny once again serving as the architect) or more expensive than the competition, then it'll likely be PlayStation again as the tournament standard, particularly with BC with PS4 to bridge the gap until next-gen fighters begin showing up in greater numbers. SF likely won't be only one console + PC again, but there's nothing to point to fighting game developers having incentive to prioritize Xbox based on the markets/buying habits of each brand either.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Mmmm. Faster load times.

But yea, gonna dope that PS5 at launch.

I wonder what fighting games will fill the landscape next gen, and what console the fgc adopts as the standard for tournies.

Hope we get a new killer instinct.

Part of me thinks that the way Capcom is handling SFV this year is due the fact that next gen consoles are on their way soon. Basically I'm speculating that SF6 is coming sooner rather than later. Not as a PS5 launch title, but early 2021. That would mean we only have 1 more full year of SFV left after this year. Maybe they do want to do a final package like others have speculated? Whatever their plans are for this year I hope we don't have to wait too much longer to find out.

And if we do only have till 2021 then I have some work to do. I wanted to reach Grand Master before SF6 comes out. I just got Ultra Diamond and I know this is when it gets really hard to move up. Plenty of time left but it's a struggle to gain points.

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me thinks that the way Capcom is handling SFV this year is due the fact that next gen consoles are on their way soon. Basically I'm speculating that SF6 is coming sooner rather than later. Not as a PS5 launch title, but early 2021. That would mean we only have 1 more full year of SFV left after this year. Maybe they do want to do a final package like others have speculated? Whatever their plans are for this year I hope we don't have to wait too much longer to find out.

And if we do only have till 2021 then I have some work to do. I wanted to reach Grand Master before SF6 comes out. I just got Ultra Diamond and I know this is when it gets really hard to move up. Plenty of time left but it's a struggle to gain points.
Honestly I found Ultra way easier than Super. Less people doing random ass shit. The rushdown gets strong as fuck though.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Wasn't it Double Helix that did the first season though? Amazon hold them captive now. I think Iron Galaxy did season 2 (and 3?) though so there still might be hope.
I think some of Double Helix's work carried over into Season 2. Season 3 was all Iron Galaxy and you can kind of tell by how the characters have a slightly different style.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I found Ultra way easier than Super. Less people doing random ass shit. The rushdown gets strong as fuck though.

It shouldn't matter, you're facing the same people whether you're Super or Ultra Diamond. Difference is that Diamonds are a lot scarier as a UD. I think UD's go negative against a Diamond even if they win the set 2-1. Even SD's are a pain for UD's. And on top of that ranked is chocked full of GM's and UGM's who want their points to.

That's why I think going from UD to Master is the hardest climb. You really have to prove yourself because you lose so much against the two lower ranks while still dealing with all the best online players at the same time. This is not as much of an issue in any of the lower ranked groups because you know you're only facing the next highest rank while mostly playing the same rank or lower ones that you can more consistently 2-1 or 2-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.