• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprise if Capcom got one of those early PS5/NewXbox devkits and has been mainly focusing on that. Probably wishful thinking on my part. New consoles on the way, probably figured they squeezed all they could from SFV and using the big resources on a future SF6 release with the new guy in charge. They already established SF as their Esport staple for the future, time for SFV to receive the bare minimum going forward.

Also, another S+ tier costume for Falke. I actually wish that was her default hair color, it's a good look.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It shouldn't matter, you're facing the same people whether you're Super or Ultra Diamond. Difference is that Diamonds are a lot scarier as a UD. I think UD's go negative against a Diamond even if they win the set 2-1. Even SD's are a pain for UD's. And on top of that ranked is chocked full of GM's and UGM's who want their points to.

That's why I think going from UD to Master is the hardest climb. You really have to prove yourself because you lose so much against the two lower ranks while still dealing with all the best online players at the same time. This is not as much of an issue in any of the lower ranked groups because you know you're only facing the next highest rank while mostly playing the same rank or lower ones that you can more consistently 2-1 or 2-0.
Well in my experience I fought A LOT less Diamonds once I was Ultra and that made it significantly easier for me. Super Diamonds are still nutty but I seemed to face a lot more Ultra and Masters since I think ranked generally tries to keep you within one rank above or one rank below, unless of course it just can't find anyone and then it'll just match you with whoever.

Could've just been my experience though.

I'd like to get to Grand Master at some point, but I don't know if I have the grind in me to do it.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, might set aside FM for the Falke costume, undecided.

After trying Juri against actual players, I think I'll be adding her to my character rotation.
I've previously posted about how much I dislike her nonsensical storing system, but I've been playing her in casual a bit because I got two of her colors in fighting chance. As a former Juri main in SF4 I defInitely still find her fun, but I don't love her because of all of the QOL changes she needs. I just don't understand why Capcom can't fix these BASIC things about Juri:

1. Flickering DP hitbox is WTF and has absolutely no reason to not be fixed
2. Giving her more plus frames (fireball should be +)
3. Reverting her damage back to what it used to be
4. Increasing hitbox on fuha store

Then there are just character design things like her having no setups or mixups and giving up pressure to store. She is frustrating to me because there's really no reason she shouldn't be better when they're perfectly fine with giving Rashid more oki just because :)

Last edited:

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
So I was going up against a Dhalsim player and when he did his CA, this happened:

Either I got that frame perfect throw by accident or... I don't know.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Well in my experience I fought A LOT less Diamonds once I was Ultra and that made it significantly easier for me. Super Diamonds are still nutty but I seemed to face a lot more Ultra and Masters since I think ranked generally tries to keep you within one rank above or one rank below, unless of course it just can't find anyone and then it'll just match you with whoever.

Could've just been my experience though.

I'd like to get to Grand Master at some point, but I don't know if I have the grind in me to do it.

Where are you currently?

Regardless, you can do it. Sometimes you just need that extra push. That's how it was for me.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I've recently entered Diamond, which I've previously mentioned, and I've been progressing up in points despite not having the best win record. The points I get for winning is quite generous, and I totally get why Ultra Diamonds have such a hard time, as I get so many of their points when I beat them.

I'm already at ~18000 LP, I should be able to reach Super Diamond without much hassle, assuming there wouldn't contain an uncontrollable losing streak. Which does happen.

Oct 25, 2017
Where are you currently?

Regardless, you can do it. Sometimes you just need that extra push. That's how it was for me.
I had just hit Master before I stopped playing back in December. I felt really burned out on the game and started to only play once a week for a few hours just so I could stay somewhat sharp.

I'm thinking about going to Evo, so I've been motivated to play again.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
I had just hit Master before I stopped playing back in December. I felt really burned out on the game and started to only play once a week for a few hours just so I could stay somewhat sharp.

I'm thinking about going to Evo, so I've been motivated to play again.

Hmmm...so you're already almost there. That's cool. Who do you use?

Honestly, the Master-Grandmaster run was pretty tough. When I had jumped back into Ranked after sitting on Master for awhile, I got destroyed lol. I had to climb back from Ultra Diamond just to get back to Master. Was worried about losing my Rank again, so I took another small hiatus--then I eventually said "fuck it" and just went for it. You should seriously give it a go. It's worth it.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017

Honestly, the Master-Grandmaster run was pretty tough. When I had jumped back into Ranked after sitting on Master for awhile, I got destroyed lol. I had to climb back from Ultra Diamond just to get back to Master. Was worried about losing my Rank again, so I took another small hiatus--then I eventually said "fuck it" and just went for it. You should seriously give it a go. It's worth it.

My ranked goal in SFV when all is said and done is to reach GM before SF6 comes out. I know at that point it won't be an impressive feat anymore. But it's still something I want to achieve. I still haven't touched the game since I reached UD on Monday night but eventually the grind will start again.

On another note, my monthly is this Saturday and I have yet to win a game yet in 4 trips. There are a lot of strong players there so it's hard to win. But I hope to break that streak this Saturday whether it comes via a upset or I get matched up against one of the weaker players. I just want to finally win one lol.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I've previously posted about how much I dislike her nonsensical storing system, but I've been playing her in casual a bit because I got two of her colors in fighting chance. As a former Juri main in SF4 I defInitely still find her fun, but I don't love her because of all of the QOL changes she needs. I just don't understand why Capcom can't fix these BASIC things about Juri:

1. Flickering DP hitbox is WTF and has absolutely no reason to not be fixed
2. Giving her more plus frames (fireball should be +)
3. Reverting her damage back to what it used to be
4. Increasing hitbox on fuha store

Then there are just character design things like her having no setups or mixups and giving up pressure to store. She is frustrating to me because there's really no reason she shouldn't be better when they're perfectly fine with giving Rashid more oki just because :)
Hm, lots of things worth keeping in mind (I dipped out on SFIV after vanilla and hadn't played her before V though, so I can't compare how she used to play going on personal experience). Justakid's Juri in tonight's SFL seemed quite good, but probably best for someone with more experience with her to comment more on how he did. Wasn't too surprised how well he did against Birdie, I actually had an easier time fighting one of them with Juri than I tend to with my main Ibuki or Sakura (but seeing as it's Sakura, that's not saying much).

Oct 25, 2017

I mostly use Blanka and Rashid, with a little Sagat peppered in if I really feel like I have my shit together with him that day. I really should go back to Vega/Claw. I have my highest win percentage with him and he probably is still my best character, but he's incredibly frustrating to use and even when I win, I'm still salty lol. Same with Fang.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
My ranked goal in SFV when all is said and done is to reach GM before SF6 comes out. I know at that point it won't be an impressive feat anymore. But it's still something I want to achieve. I still haven't touched the game since I reached UD on Monday night but eventually the grind will start again.

Good stuff on hitting Ultra Diamond.

Honestly, reaching Grandmaster is an impressive feat no matter what point of time it is. Same with Master I know Platinum was the thing way back, but I still feel like the Grandmaster run is still a tough grind that requires consistency. You have a solid Akuma, so I'm sure you'll reach it way before SFVI is announced. When I hit Grandmaster last Summer, I felt so relieved because it was a Rank I didn't think was possible for me. I still remember the times when I struggled to get out of Ultra Gold lol.

I mostly use Blanka and Rashid, with a little Sagat peppered in if I really feel like I have my shit together with him that day. I really should go back to Vega/Claw. I have my highest win percentage with him and he probably is still my best character, but he's incredibly frustrating to use and even when I win, I'm still salty lol. Same with Fang.

Nice variety there. Sounds like Vega is where you feel most comfortable.

I really hope you go on the Grandmaster run and hit it.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Good stuff on hitting Ultra Diamond.

Honestly, reaching Grandmaster is an impressive feat no matter what point of time it is. Same with Master I know Platinum was the thing way back, but I still feel like the Grandmaster run is still a tough grind that requires consistency. You have a solid Akuma, so I'm sure you'll reach it way before SFVI is announced. When I hit Grandmaster last Summer, I felt so relieved because it was a Rank I didn't think was possible for me. I still remember the times when I struggled to get out of Ultra Gold lol.

Hold on, are you a UGM Cammy with a CFN name that goes like SP Wesker or something close to that? I just now realized that you have the same name as another guy I see on the SRK forums. Are you that guy or is that another person?

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
My long nightmare of game randomly running under 30 FPS has come to an end, i notice a few days ago when i had Discord open the game ran like crap, after searching the net i found my solution, this could be effecting other gamers out there, Click setting wheel, scroll down to Appearance, then scroll down to Hardware Acceleration and turn that off, HA uses GPU resources to make Discord look smoother, shit needs to be off by default...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm playing Capcom's wrestling game "Slammasters" at the moment and now I want a crossover costume or two in SFV for Gief and any other character (especially grapplers). Pity Capcom just gave us Masked 'Gief instead for Fighting Chance recently, seems like a waste compared to what they could have done.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So, I'm playing Capcom's wrestling game "Slammasters" at the moment and now I want a crossover costume or two in SFV for Gief and any other character (especially grapplers). Pity Capcom just gave us Masked 'Gief instead for Fighting Chance recently, seems like a waste compared to what they could have done.
Scorpion is the best character, don't @ me.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I guess this is just confirmation that after a dominant Season 2, Season 3 was Punk's training arc and now he's come back even stronger. Really looking forward to see who takes EVO this year, especially since no new characters or patches in nearly half a year means the meta's had time to settle somewhat.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
I guess this is just confirmation that after a dominant Season 2, Season 3 was Punk's training arc and now he's come back even stronger. Really looking forward to see who takes EVO this year, especially since no new characters or patches in nearly half a year means the meta's had time to settle somewhat.
I mean, after Problem X, all safe bets for EVOs are off lol. I feel like any rogue player can totally upend what we think.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Punk is already in CC should have 1755 points, going by last year's ranking should be enough points to give him 10th place, if he doesn't make another top 8 for the rest of the year..

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I almost forgot to do the next part of the Genji costume as well. Ended up playing through Ryu's SF1 arcade path after doing it, I was happy to see them use the Mike and SF1 Sagat skins from Fighting Chance, even though I don't own either (I want the Mike skin, but I refuse to use my dwindling FM reserves to go for it).
Such a pity that Capcom continues their radio silence on the game, as playing the game for the short time today reminded me again how much more I enjoy the game compared to pretty much any other fighter out there at the moment.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Such a pity that Capcom continues their radio silence on the game
Not true, they aren't silent. Capcom announced this 2 week period for free game+4 DLC characters, the Breath of Fire costume for Extra Battle, classic M.Bison coming back to Fighting Chance in addition to the CPT and costume bundles.

They announce stuff and you prefer that they would announce other things. It doesn't mean they are silent. It means you don't like what they announce.

Status
Not open for further replies.