• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GBVS is amazing and everybody that continually bitches about SF5 in this thread should try it out.

Some of the takes I'm hearing about Granblue remind me of what people said about UNIST. Ooooh it has neutral, oooh it has footsies, oooh it's so much more like Street Fighter than an anime-as-fuck fighter.

If it ever comes to PC I'll give Granblue a try.

UNIST is anime KoF. Anybody saying it's like SF is silly.
GBVS is anime SF.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Man, there's just something about the look and feel of Arcs games that just wont jive with me, and checking the footage Granblue doesn't seem to buck that trend.
That said, being more SF like has me now keeping an eye on it.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man, there's just something about the look and feel of Arcs games that just wont jive with me, and checking the footage Granblue doesn't seem to buck that trend.
That said, being more SF like has me now keeping an eye on it.
Yeah I don't really like it either, especially how they do their animation. Oh well, whatever. Maybe this ArcSys game will change my mind somehow.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Mah katt(Falke) costume is finally here😍. Time to go boot up the game months of not actively playing lose 6 matches in a row and continue to fluctuate between Gold, Ultra Silver, and Super Silver.😂 Her easter egg costume will never be used tho, it completely messes up her theme.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So Punk won another tournament this weekend, Dreamhack Dallas.

This guy is ridiculous.

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
i'm really confused. How do I get that Katt costume? Do I gotta pay money for it?

I mean I will, and I normally loathe dlc. The things I do for Breath of Fire...

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
i'm really confused. How do I get that Katt costume? Do I gotta pay money for it?

I mean I will, and I normally loathe dlc. The things I do for Breath of Fire...
Unless they bring it back in Extra Battle later, which they have done for previous outfits, you would probably have to buy it in a bundle pack with other themed costumes (pretty much the only way to get Extra Battle costumes with real money if you missed unlocking them with FM). The way it works, the costume is divided into four pieces and you earn one a week to complete it and finally unlock it, and you won't be able to get it if you miss one. This was the fourth week.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
So Punk won another tournament this weekend, Dreamhack Dallas.

This guy is ridiculous.

I watched the whole Top 8. It was awesome. I thought hotdog and Toi had it for a second. Bison putting in work. I noticed he jumped in alot on them and they weren't on point with the AA. Punk is so oppressive. I feel the tightness in the matches from just watching, cause you have to play perfect basically against Punk and not make any mistakes to have a chance. His neutral/footsies/confirms are so damn good.

I hope he doesn't choke at EVO.

Last edited:

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Second Cyberbots costume before a single Power Stone, Rival Schools, Tech Romancer, or Slam Masters costume? Weird.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
I feel the only way Punk doesn't win Evo this year is if Tokido is standing in his way. I believe Kido snatched his soul again at NCR, it just so happens that punk doesn't need it to body 99.9% of the other competitors this season.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
I'm dying at the OT getting the community spotlight during season 4.

It gave a small pulse to a ded thread for a ded game. Now the whole community can easily participate in the discussions about other fighting games, how trash SFV is in comparison, and what is the next costume that's coming up because we're not getting anything substantial until Evo. #Welcome2season4

Tournament play has been great for the most part tho, so that's something positive!

Oct 25, 2017
I feel the only way Punk doesn't win Evo this year is if Tokido is standing in his way. I believe Kido snatched his soul again at NCR, it just so happens that punk doesn't need it to body 99.9% of the other competitors this season.
Nah, Punk reset Grand Finals on Tokido and it came down to the last match of the reset, iirc. A tough loss, but i wouldn't say one Punk should be shook about.

MufausaThe3rd

Dec 1, 2017
Real talks. I'm a little bias since I just ran Electric Clash last weekend and honestly. Even though I play SFV more. Tekken 7 is just a far more entertaining game to watch from an Esports perspective.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Don't get the dead game comments. Usually play in 2 hr blocks and I still get matches quickly unless I'm playing after 2am. The playerbase of this game seems consistent to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.