• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Imagine playing SFV and still talking about how the game is so shit and scrubby.

STILL.

in June 2019.
I'd love to see these haters leave the SF community and related threads because their attitude is so toxic and negatively impacts the game, its comunnity and the overall FGC because SF traditionally is one of the more important ones and others learn from it, so this toxicity also goes to other game communities.

If someone doesn't like a game -in this case SFV-, it's ok. Just leave it, go to play another game, and let us, all the other ones who enjoy it, to have fun with that game. Please stop throwing shit for years in all related forum threads and comments section of related gaming news sites.

Don't get the dead game comments. Usually play in 2 hr blocks and I still get matches quickly unless I'm playing after 2am. The playerbase of this game seems consistent to me.
At least in Steam and in Twich (we don't have public PS4 numbers) the game has the same active userbase now than during its first year, like 3 years ago. Mostly always being one the top games of the genre, excluding during the typical launch spike months for some games.

sGW4sR1.png

g4mJ8LK.jpg

The numbers of most other fighting games that aren't these top 3 or 4 brands are way under SFV even if it's 3 years old. It doesn't make sense to talk about dead game, there is an active fanbase there. Probably they are just trolls throwing shit to a game that may not even played.

Last edited:

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I'd love to see these haters leave the SF community and related threads because their attitude is so toxic and negatively impacts the game, its comunnity and the overall FGC because SF traditionally is one of the more important ones and others learn from it, so this toxicity also goes to other game communities.

If someone doesn't like a game -in this case SFV-, it's ok. Just leave it, go to play another game, and let us, all the other ones who enjoy it, to have fun with that game. Please stop throwing shit for years in all related forum threads and comments section of related gaming news sites.

At least in Steam and in Twich (we don't have public PS4 numbers) the game has the same active userbase now than during its first year, like 3 years ago. Mostly always being one the top games of the genre, excluding during the typical launch spike months for some games.

sGW4sR1.png

g4mJ8LK.jpg

The numbers of most other fighting games that aren't these top 3 or 4 brands are way under SFV even if it's 3 years old. It doesn't make sense to talk about dead game, there is an active fanbase there. Probably they are just trolls throwing shit to a game that may not even played.

Haters ain't going nowhere. Everything worth celebrating is worth hating on. Just tune them out and focus on the game. For all the talks of it being a dead game, I still play it every single day and love it.

MachGao

Oct 28, 2017

Well for a lot of people in the FGC, it's much easier to dump on a game you hate and hope it dies than focus on a game you actually like. Even if it's something like the "Left Behind" meme despite that also shitting on any game played less than SF5.

Personally after a while I just tuned it out and kept playing while also trying out other fighting games.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Lol ^ I hopped back in for a second, but didn't enjoy S4 that much. Hope it keeps me after the next big update, kinda miss playing, but don't miss studying frame data and player habits..

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I keep coming back to this game. I can never make it past ultra bronze. So I stayed in super bronze and just play casual. Can't master hit confirming for the life of me but no other game gets my heart beating as fast as those round 3 matches. Playing w Cammy.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Resetera told me that Ono was kicked out from SF and that SFV was dead, but again Capcom proves you wrong: Capcom shown their E3 plans, and seems they are mostly going to be MHW Iceborn demos + SF League exhibitions, with Yoshinori Ono (SF) and Ryozo Tsujimoto + Kaname Fujioka (MH) signing posters.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindo...ory-trailer-and-capcom-e3-2019-plans-revealed
ResetEra finally gained sentience?! What else did it tell you?

We've known for a few weeks now that there isn't going to be big SFV news until August. An autograph signing at E3 isn't quite the "gotcha!" you think it is.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
ResetEra finally gained sentience?! What else did it tell you?

We've known for a few weeks now that there isn't going to be big SFV news until August. An autograph signing at E3 isn't quite the "gotcha!" you think it is.
I never said that they that they are going to announce something relaetd to SFV at E3 (but I bet they'll announce a game at E3 instead, probably at the MS conference).

I said that instead of having the DMCV, RE2 or RE7 guys signing posters they have Yoshinori Ono, the SFV guy who was supposed to be kicked out according to fake news from Resetera and Eventhubs.

And in the demos in addition to MHW they only have SFV exhibition matches, a 3 years old game that is supposed "to be dead" according to Resetera, instead of showing some recent hits like DMCV, RE2 or any other recent game that did help Capcom to get their best numbers ever. They wouldn't pump a dead game at E3.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is Ono getting put on signing duties supposed to be signs of life?

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
I am getting real close to learning how to defeat Falke's AI. So far Sakura OX attack and grapple seems to be really effective.

I just want to defeat her extra fight. I don't even care about the skin anymore, I just want to defeat her to feel vindicated.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I am getting real close to learning how to defeat Falke's AI. So far Sakura OX attack and grapple seems to be really effective.

I just want to defeat her extra fight. I don't even care about the skin anymore, I just want to defeat her to feel vindicated.

I've not played extra battle in a while because I'm bankrupt in terms of FM, but does Rashid's Eagle Spike spam not work anymore?

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Stopped working on her by the third week.

It still works. I only use Rashid for these extra battles, lol. They block it more, but they are no punishing it. Just walk back or jump back and repeat.

Just have to be more careful. I throw in some vskill jump into dive kick to mix it up. They don't like blocking that either.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit!

That shit is so damn OP. First time trying it and I won over her.
It still works. I only use Rashid for these extra battles, lol. They block it more, but they are no punishing it. Just walk back or jump back and repeat.

Just have to be more careful. I throw in some vskill jump into dive kick to mix it up. They don't like blocking that either.
Well, glad it still worked for other people. It failed me then (first time since that Extremely Hard title Extra Battle against Necalli), pissed me off, and then I stopped using it against her before curbstomping her with my main instead.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Well, glad it still worked for other people. It failed me then (first time since that Extremely Hard title Extra Battle against Necalli), pissed me off, and then I stopped using it against her before curbstomping her with my main instead.
I did notice blocking that wasn't in the versus hard mode fights against her but I could brute force it anyway.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Someone asked me to post this video here, where Daigo shares some thoughts about SFV and improving as player in the FGC:

Not sure if posted before (I remember there was another similar one where he said he didn't like the comeback stuff), but I think this one may be useful for people who recently joined the thread due to the community spotlight

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
SFV? It's nothing but trash.

I legit haven't played in months lol. I think this season being a wet fart on the character front really did it for me. Still watching the CPT, lookin forward to EVO.

Status
Not open for further replies.