• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
SFV is a Sony console exclusive.
1) You're really bad at being a fish.
2) Stadia is a service, not a console. If Stadia falls under that rule, why wouldn't Taito/Nesica/whatever the fuck board Type Arcade is ob?
Lots of deals and talks happen behind the scenes at E3. Involving much more than what is shown to the public, or might ever be shown to the public.
Lots of people forget that E3 is a corporate trade show and media event before it is a video game convention. Isn't this only like the second year it's been open to the public?

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is Cody ez mode this patch? I don't remember schooling people this easily.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
That spotlight was over very quickly (between the overall low morale and people knowing that we won't be getting anything at E3 since Capcom are saving whatever they have to show for Evo, it's quite understandable though).

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That spotlight was over very quickly (between the overall low morale and people knowing that we won't be getting anything at E3 since Capcom are saving whatever they have to show for Evo, it's quite understandable though).
Aren't these things supposed to last a week? We didn't even get the weekend lol.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017

EX safe on block special into mix up > combo into another mix up
into
a neutral game when the best choice is to >
jump back while you get enough room to throw YOUR ex safe on block horizontal > into mix up on hit or block

INTO > ex reversal because no real defensive options.

Garbage... (special shout out to Urien's busted ass dash showing up FIVE? times in a row lol.)

Also, the "boss" archetype characters of G, Urien, and Bison are irritating as fuck. I hate how all their late game v trigger insanity is brushed off with "but they have bad defense". So does everyone!

Village

Oct 25, 2017

EX safe on block special into mix up > combo into another mix up
into
a neutral game when the best choice is to >
jump back while you get enough room to throw YOUR ex safe on block horizontal > into mix up on hit or block

INTO > ex reversal because no real defensive options.

Garbage... (special shout out to Urien's busted ass dash showing up FIVE? times in a row lol.)

Also, the "boss" archetype characters of G, Urien, and Bison are irritating as fuck. I hate how all their late game v trigger insanity is brushed off with "but they have bad defense". So does everyone!

I dunno, i'm a urien player, but the " He has good options, but you can body him easy " is a pretty good trade off. And Bison and G are way broker Urien is. Bison just all around, and G particularly during V trigger. Yeah he has alright V triggers, but you gotta be normal fucking urien for the rest of the match and depending on how that goes is variable quality. Unlike Bison who with his fucked up normals can bulldoze through shit , and G who can give himself pre-vtrigger after 2 combos

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

D8uExCpUcAAf8Wv

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Now I just feel dumb for somehow not noticing. And its not like I haven't been playing through the SF2 games recently either.

Don't hold me to all of them. But Guile and Sagat's stages definitely change time of day with certain editions too. The mural on Honda's stage gets different colors. Mostly slight alterations like that. Easy to not notice.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017

I'ma cop. Wish it came with a remix of Ryu's theme tho.

And people said there wouldn't be a SFV reveal at E3. /s

Edit: It's about time for Capcom to take down the Kage Raging Demon logo off their SF twitter account. It's the equivalent of people leaving their Christmas lights up until July, it's embarrassing.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
You joking, but outside of Smash, this is the biggest fighting game reveal at E3 this year.
...fuck that's true isn't it. No new fighter reveals (not even re-releases), no Cassandra last SCVI DLC character, no previews of the upcoming DBFZ characters, nothing of the new Under Night. I guess everybody's waiting for Evo?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With Capcom holding back characters for what's almost assuredly SUPER SFV, I would guess that the final AE character hits at EVO alongside the SSFV reveal, releasing prior to the holiday season. You just can't do a cold drop for a $60 retail title.

Post-E3 this actually makes a lot more sense than it di because holy shit Q1 2020 has big guns all over. RIP Animal Crossing day 1 sales.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This was a half-joke before. It's just facts now.
Even talking about going there in person. Right when you enter the venue, it's all video game company booths with their own game demos or merchandise to sell and promote right when you enter. Not much place for casuals, and all of the tournament stations are in back. It's kind of a weird place.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
With Capcom holding back characters for what's almost assuredly SUPER SFV, I would guess that the final AE character hits at EVO alongside the SSFV reveal, releasing prior to the holiday season. You just can't do a cold drop for a $60 retail title.

Post-E3 this actually makes a lot more sense than it di because holy shit Q1 2020 has big guns all over. RIP Animal Crossing day 1 sales.
Has there been any rumors that Super SFV is actually happening? As I really believe its more a case that Capcom will do an extra character or two and call it a day. Super SFV sounds like it'd be a pretty big update, and I just dont see that happening at this point in the games life.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any rumors that Super SFV is actually happening? As I really believe its more a case that Capcom will do an extra character or two and call it a day. Super SFV sounds like it'd be a pretty big update, and I just dont see that happening at this point in the games life.
A 2nd title update was always happening. It happening in 2019 instead of 2020 is the surprise.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
A 2nd title update was always happening. It happening in 2019 instead of 2020 is the surprise.
What do you mean 2nd title update? Did I miss some sort of news that mentioned this happening? As the last thing of note I saw was Kage revealed but no mention of anything else actually happening aside from the vague Ono tweet for August. I just don't wanna get my hopes up and then have them dashed :(

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean 2nd title update? Did I miss some sort of news that mentioned this happening? As the last thing of note I saw was Kage revealed but no mention of anything else actually happening aside from the vague Ono tweet for August. I just don't wanna get my hopes up and then have them dashed :(
2 years after SFV came out, AE came out with S1+S2 for $40. (20 base + 10/10) That 4 years after SFV came out they'd release a $60 retail edition with S1+S2+S3+S4 included is exactly what you'd expect.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That 4 years after SFV came out they'd release a $60 retail edition with S1+S2+S3+S4 included is exactly what you'd expect.

They are not going to release any version of SFV for $60 ever again. Nobody is buying that, come on.

I'm willing to entertain the idea of a Super SFV (trash name as that would be), but no way they price it for more than $40.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are not going to release any version of SFV for $60 ever again. Nobody is buying that, come on.

I'm willing to entertain the idea of a Super SFV (trash name as that would be), but no way they price it for more than $40.
This is telephone game/grapevine stuff, but the reason they're doing this weird thing with S4 is because they think the S1-4 compilation package will sell better if it includes brand new characters. Japan believes a reason AE didn't sell well was because all the new shinies were in the pass.

If you have 4-6 new characters in there, you run into a big "why is this game as much as the DLC individually priced" problem for invested users. Plus you always start at the highest possible point and shave down from there, S1-4 + Base for $60 is completely reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.