• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Awful mismatch with that Menat outfit, indeed would've worked better on someone like Karin. Had already been expecting the Akane Ibuki for a while now, but it's pretty much more of the same as far as her outfits go.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Just change her hair to purple and the outfit will look a lot better. Not every cameo costume needs accurate hair color.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing that those Steam.db DLC entries ended up being just costume bundles. I was a big believer that the game had a few years left of content left in it, but the fact that they're doing "complete" character costume bundles does seem to point towards the end of the game's life, or at least the end of costumes for those characters. It's also concerning that when they release premium costumes, it's only one at a time instead of sets of 3 or more like they used to do.

The announcement of both the July and August Extra Battles probably means there won't be a July patch. It doesn't preclude an August patch, but the slowdown in DLC has tempered my expectations of the August announcement.

Just change her hair to purple and the outfit will look a lot better. Not every cameo costume needs accurate hair color.
I still don't get why they're so inconsistent about the cameo hair. Morrigan kept the green hair, but Lilith can't have pink hair? And I'll never forgive them for white-haired, thongless Wesker.

Oct 25, 2017
Menat costume is so fucking bad. especially compared to the ibuki one and like... all menats other costumes. that five head and red lipstick yikes

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
the fact that they're doing "complete" character costume bundles does seem to point towards the end of the game's life
I didn't think about that. That could be the case but there's no way to tell.

Regardless, I think its safe to assume that the last gasp of SFV content is on the horizon. Season 5 will likely be the final CPT season for SFV which still technically lines up with Ono's old 'support through 2020' quote.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017

Interesting that he says he uses his right hand to do flash kick. The time it saves does look pretty significant.

Playing around with my fingers on my own stick (lol) made me see that this is actually really strong. I feel like a hitbox with the jump button on the right side in a game that allows you press UP while still down backing is too strong not to make a difference.

That's what all hitboxes do, right? If you're holding down back, and you press the up button, jump comes out? Not really sure since I've never used one.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Japan right now, anyone know where the fighting game arcades are? Every arcade I go to is mostly claw machines and rhythm games, with maybe two SF5 machines and a few Tekken 7 machines.

....And a WHOLE BUNCH of Fate/Grand Order machines.

I'm certain there has to be a few arcades dedicated to fighting games. On the plus side when I did play, I got an 9 win streak....though I had no idea who I was playing against. The guy next to me was playing against someone else. I think I was playing online or something.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I'm in Japan right now, anyone know where the fighting game arcades are? Every arcade I go to is mostly claw machines and rhythm games, with maybe two SF5 machines and a few Tekken 7 machines.

I'm certain there has to be a few arcades dedicated to fighting games. On the plus side when I did play, I got an 9 win streak....though I had no idea who I was playing against. The guy next to me was playing against someone else. I think I was playing online or something.

Assuming you are in Tokyo, Its older but, http://www.mmcafe.com/arcadeguide/

There is a 2nd mikado arcade in ikebukuru now as well.

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017

Top floor of Super Potato had a bunch of older fighting games if I remember correctly. It's a ... special atmosphere. Smoker.

Oct 25, 2017
Top floor of Super Potato had a bunch of older fighting games if I remember correctly. It's a ... special atmosphere. Smoker.
The smoking in japan arcades is the only thing I hated, lol. Nasty.
Yeah all the smoking is rough, but man it feels good to play at an arcade again.

I think I'm gonna start going to Wednesday Night Fights when I get back home. Or just try to find some locals again or something. I miss this greatly.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
It was impossible to find anyone who would rematch in casuals against my main last time I played because everyone hates that character, and meanwhile my sub still sucks... not sure why I'm still playing this.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Ibuki (even had one guy not press any buttons a few weeks ago, just moved around a bit and let me double perfect him rather than even try playing me, never seen anything like it) and Sakura.
Ah OK. I figured maybe Rashid, since people seem to be getting pretty sick of him at this point.

I actually thought Sakura wasn't that bad this season?

Personally? I'd love to run into more Ibukis, or Rashids, or Sakuras. Super Bronze ranked is still a Ken/Akuma fest. God, SFV really made me hate those two with a passion. Especially Akuma.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I do this when someone is really laggy
Pretty sure it was just plain old spite in his case.
Ah OK. I figured maybe Rashid, since people seem to be getting pretty sick of him at this point.

I actually thought Sakura wasn't that bad this season?

Personally? I'd love to run into more Ibukis, or Rashids, or Sakuras. Super Bronze ranked is still a Ken/Akuma fest. God, SFV really made me hate those two with a passion. Especially Akuma.
They buffed Sakura a little compared to S3, but nowhere near enough to be a sensible choice competitively. Supposedly the reason why Ibuki is more of a rarity compared to other top-tiers is because of execution requirements, but personally I'd say the twitchy, more precisely timed inputs needed to play Karin effectively easily make using her significantly more of a chore.

Would be lying if I said I didn't hate Ken and Akuma myself (that non-participant I mentioned earlier being an Akuma player not helping). I hate pretty much every grappler too, but that's fairly standard with fighters for me. Bison is probably still the worst of all with his "nearly everything I do is safe" crap, though.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I don't think this was posted yet:

5 hour maintenance tomorrow. Probably not a surprise, but hey.

I am curious about the alt colors of Laura's new costume. Default isn't really doing anything for me, but if the alt colors are good...

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017

Was there in January, definitely go here. Upstairs is fighting game heaven.

Mikado

Zapages

Oct 28, 2017
I just played against someone from here... ReseteraV... It was a nice match. Although I was abit distracted watching Gundam/youtube video on my PC while playing against you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.