• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
Falke has some of the best costumes in the game, too bad she sucks and only the very small minority plays her. I dabbled with her every now and then but she needs work, but I still think she's salvageable. A good starting point is getting rid of the neo uniforms, although it looks okay on her, change her hair color, and then go from there. Every time I look at her in her base outfit, I think gender bent Ed with a staff.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We've already reached the depths people. It can't get any worse than this.

FLK_08.png
FLK_04.png
FLK_02.png
FLK_00.png
FLK_03.png
FLK_05.png
FLK_06.png
FLK_01.png

You can repackage it as many times as you want, but at the end of the day white bread is still white bread.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Well its certainly the end of the world. Luce actually posted something that's true. Fuck Falke, she took a nice BoF costume yet ruined it because I never want to play as Falke...

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Falke and Ed are definitely coming back for sure. Anyways I was looking at the Evo brackets on smashgg and looking at the predicted top32 and top16 and at the road each players has before top32, I think top8 will look like that :

Winners :
Punk vs ProblemX
Tokido vs Fujimura

Losers :
Bonchan vs Gachikun
Fuudo vs Machabo

At the same time I have the feeling Punk wont stay in winners before top8 since he might have to face 801Strider in top32 and his record against G isnt great. Plus if he lose against Strider there is a big chance he faces Haitani and then Sako in losers...
lmao just noticed he could play itazan in top64. Damn cant believe he is the 1st seed with such a road to top8

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
As a pad user, my takeaway is that I should try to swat away EX revenger with a crouching light attack instead of jumping.
Nah, just accept that you're gonna get grabbed.
Actually that does explain why I'm able to react to it at times. This will also lead to me being much less frustrated when I do get hit by it even though I feel like I jumped out of it.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Considering just how much of a huge chunk this game takes out of player's points for losing even once, with rank being tied exclusively to how many points someone has at any given time, I'm surprised I didn't see more players leave after only one match while I was still bothering with ranked.
since they added 2 out of 3 in rank. People do it in MK11 too

that could be a reason too
Could be worse. At least there's no infinite rematch in ranked like Bamco added to DBFZ and SCVI.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yea the point loss is too brutal which is why I dont ever bother with the mode once I got Ultra Silver. Online in general needs some balancing and better enticing in SF6.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
since they added 2 out of 3 in rank. People do it in MK11 too
You forfeit the match if you quit after the first game in Kombat League. It's something SFV need but then again you'll be put into a situation where you fight a 4 bar laggy connection.

Here's Daigo on the difference between SF4 and SF5. Even though S3 introduced VT2, everyone's playstyle is the same. Which is why I can't remember every Rashid player in the CPT.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Individual character ranks would fix it

my ed isnt as good as my urien
fighting folk way above my paygrade isnt gonna help, i'm not that kinda dude in fg's. I gotta work my way up, same with my cody.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

fighting folk way above my paygrade isnt gonna help, i'm not that kinda dude in fg's. I gotta work my way up, same with my cody.
I'd love this. I only stick with the one character in 5 because there's no point me using someone I suck because I'll just get bodied. Not the easiest/most efficient way to learn a character. So individual ranks would be awesome!

rude

Oct 25, 2017

I'd love this. I only stick with the one character in 5 because there's no point me using someone I suck because I'll just get bodied. Not the easiest/most efficient way to learn a character. So individual ranks would be awesome!
Casual match and battle lounge exist....Who cares if you get bodied there?

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Casual match and battle lounge exist....Who cares if you get bodied there?
I learn characters different. I need to be in a more competitive environment around my skill level.

I'm not gonna learn Sim getting bodied by platinums, that ain't just how I learn. Instead of having to start a smurf, for sim. I could just rank the characters up individually and that solves that issue. I want a game that I can play that lets me learn how I learn.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I learn characters different. I need to be in a more competitive environment around my skill level.

I'm not gonna learn Sim getting bodied by platinums, that ain't just how I learn. Instead of having to start a smurf, for sim. I could just rank the characters up individually and that solves that issue. I want a game that I can play that lets me learn how I learn.
Same here. I don't care if its ranked/battle lounge or whatever. I need people on my (bad) level.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017

This is what Soul Calibur VI does, and was a very good idea. The only problem is that the matchmaking is still a crapshoot in SCVI, so while you can get paired with players of comparable rank, other times you'll be put up against players of C rank or above even if you're only a sprout (lowest rank) with a character. Fortunately, point losses are not even close to as severe as SFV, and a gap resulting from a matchmaking error like that won't cost you anything or benefit the person who thrashed you if you do lose.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
This year he mosty has difficulty against : Akuma, Menat, Abigail, Gief, Necalli and G. And there is a good chance he has to face Itazan and Strider at evo so top8 doesnt seems like a sure thing atm.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine being able to whiff on reactions rather than preemptively.

And imagine hitboxes being tighter so moves don't overlap with models.

Kage would be a decent character.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to share this. These are like, the fastest and most intense sets I've seen in a while.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for posting that, a really good set of fights, makes me more excited to see what top 8 at Evo has in store...

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
You forfeit the match if you quit after the first game in Kombat League. It's something SFV need but then again you'll be put into a situation where you fight a 4 bar laggy connection.

Here's Daigo on the difference between SF4 and SF5. Even though S3 introduced VT2, everyone's playstyle is the same. Which is why I can't remember every Rashid player in the CPT.

The bolded was never going to change much about playstyles because your character is effectively the same until you pop VT anyway. Same for Supers. An alternate V-Skill would at least change up the the character since you're always using it for a good number of the cast to build the gauge

Basically, make it like SFIV again. I agree. It doesn't penalize you for trying out new characters. By the end, I played around 5 characters consistently in USFIV vs sticking with one or 2 in SFV because you'll get dragged down a few ranks trying to learn that new character.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
The ones in their heads that make them think that Capcom would not only announce SFVI in the middle of Capcom Pro Tour, but also ahead of next-gen consoles being formally unveiled?

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people so eager for a game that's probably still in pre-production to come out as soon as possible when the main complaint for SF5 is that it was rushed and released with too little content?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people so eager for a game that's probably still in pre-production to come out as soon as possible when the main complaint for SF5 is that it was rushed and released with too little content?
Good question. The cynic in me says console wars - SF6 getting announced early (as a PS5 exclusive) would just add fuel to the fire, while not being console exclusive would give others the opporunity to taunt SF5 and Sony/Capcom on a flop product (lets just ignore the Evo numbers for that argument to work!)

A less crazy explanation might be people who aren't fans of 5, just want 6 to be announced and not be 5, somehow giving them hope that the new game will be better. Or something.

Personally, especially with next gen consoles and any actual launch of a new fighter being a ways off yet I'm more interested in actually seeing SF5 stuff, glad Ono confirmed that so people can stop with the stupid expectations in the Sony thread (or will they move over to MvC now...)
I mean, any console release is probably end of 2020, which suggests SF5 - like it or not - has one more Evo at least after this one in it. It'll be interesting to see how numbers fair next year, hopefully we get some meaningful updates this year to at least make most of the active playing community happy.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Because SFV suxs and they want to move on to the next game already which will surely be amazing until it comes out and everyone decides its the worst SF game ever made.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Because SFV suxs and they want to move on to the next game already which will surely be amazing until it comes out and everyone decides its the worst SF game ever made.
I'll laugh my ass off if the usual "old game wasn't bad" narrative pops up again. I remember it happening big time for SFIV and MvC3 where at the time a vocal part of the fan base hated them, then suddenly loved them in retrospect. Every. Damn. Time.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll laugh my ass off if the usual "old game wasn't bad" narrative pops up again. I remember it happening big time for SFIV and MvC3 where at the time a vocal part of the fan base hated them, then suddenly loved them in retrospect. Every. Damn. Time.

Oh it will absolutely happen again. It's like the one certainty with a new SF game is that the previous game was somehow always good despite everyone hating it at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.