• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
All I have been doing is playing poisons and all I have run into is lucias and sometimes a honda

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Does anyone have experience with the Mad Catz SFV Tournament Edition 2 stick? The PlayStation button on mine is a bit weird, and sometimes it's hard to actually get the PS4 to detect it. Once it's detected, it works perfectly, but I usually need to fiddle with the cables inside for a bit before it detects the initial input.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Does anyone have experience with the Mad Catz SFV Tournament Edition 2 stick? The PlayStation button on mine is a bit weird, and sometimes it's hard to actually get the PS4 to detect it. Once it's detected, it works perfectly, but I usually need to fiddle with the cables inside for a bit before it detects the initial input.
I have that stick and have zero issues with the PlayStation button. I remember the last batch of Mad Catz sticks having issues with their PCB though. Maybe someone else can elaborate better than I can.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017

Check the make sure the detachable cable is fully plugged into the stick. The stock cable doesn't plug into the stick as securely as it should be, even if you tighten the plug screw. Over time the cable on my stick would sometimes lose proper connection if I tugged on the cable or moved the stick a certain way. I eventually replaced it with a custom cable made by Jansens.

It could also be that the PS button itself is starting to fail.

Oct 25, 2017
EBLyLKwVAAE5aSg.png
I like that when Honda does his super to Abigail, he's just repeatedly hitting him in the dick.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Finally! Got the Lucia combo!

Turns out it only works on big body characters like Bison. Plus the j.HP has to be a counter hit, but I had kind of figured that out earlier. The l.flipper shot simply doesn't connect on characters that aren't Bipson size or bigger.

Oct 25, 2017
I have that stick and have zero issues with the PlayStation button. I remember the last batch of Mad Catz sticks having issues with their PCB though. Maybe someone else can elaborate better than I can.
Idk about you guys, but I have a TE2+ that has a very weird issue, I'm presuming electrical due to the nature of it. My LS/L3 button doesn't work at all (at least on PC, with numerous driver settings) unless I, get this, open my modding door halfway. I have no clue what caused this in the first place, just that it sorta gradually got worse over the course of a month until it wouldn't work at all normally. Any ideas? Should I go for a new PCB anyway, or is this a very simple wiring fix?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I actually bought mine way back in 2015, so I don't think that applies here, haha.

Check the make sure the detachable cable is fully plugged into the stick. The stock cable doesn't plug into the stick as securely as it should be, even if you tighten the plug screw. Over time the cable on my stick would sometimes lose proper connection if I tugged on the cable or moved the stick a certain way. I eventually replaced it with a custom cable made by Jansens.

It could also be that the PS button itself is starting to fail.
One other thing I've noticed today is that none of the fours lights above the PS button light up. I don't remember if they still did the last time I pulled the thing out of the closet. Hmm.

I'll try opening it up and disconnecting/reconnecting everything tomorrow. Maybe it's just a bad connection issue with the cables.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Idk about you guys, but I have a TE2+ that has a very weird issue, I'm presuming electrical due to the nature of it. My LS/L3 button doesn't work at all (at least on PC, with numerous driver settings) unless I, get this, open my modding door halfway. I have no clue what caused this in the first place, just that it sorta gradually got worse over the course of a month until it wouldn't work at all normally. Any ideas? Should I go for a new PCB anyway, or is this a very simple wiring fix?

My L3 button on my TE2+ sometimes stops working, I assume it's wearing out from the time I spent resetting training mode.

I also had a TES that started crapping out after about a month. Madcatz's last fight sticks were just not well made.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

Hate to tell you, but the TE2+ is a piece of junk, and it's the PCB gone bad. I had an very lightly used one fail, and it's been a pretty commonly reported issue.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
My HitBox came in the mail today. I might have some sticks to sell soon if I end up liking it.

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Just some random thoughts out of the blue, but I recently returned to playing SFV after moving to London in September, and buying it on steam after leaving my PS4 behind in the US; I really enjoyed the general story mode in playing it again. I started playing again because I was expecting a boat load of fight money, only to realize they removed the reward. Regardless, I had a good time.

I mean, it's pretty drivel and whatever story, but I am a SF geek and I really loved the presentation. I'm guessing it's unlikely that they will release more because of the production costs and demand, but I personally would enjoy seeing more seasons of general story. Maybe as like a $3.99 dlc? It would be nice if they pushed the story past SFIII, (or did SFIII) it would also float my boat if they adapted the SFII animated film. It's nice to want things, but in all seriousness, stepping away from the game only to come back reminds me how much content Capcom has added over the years.

Are you me?

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017
DUMB QUESTION INCOMING: I heard Event Hubs mention (on their podcast) that Poison can cancel her Heart Raid move with kick, and it "HOLDS THE CHARGE"...

What does that mean exactly? I can't seem to get anything out of it after I cancel. We're they just wrong, or am I not understanding what holding a charge is...

My idea of holding a charge is like something Juri does when cancelling her V-skill....you can then bust out the full charge at anytime afterwards.

Last edited:

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Damn man hopped back in and it's been awhile. Completely forgot all the moves I used to do. (._.)
Back to training before I fight some folks I guess

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I hate that I'm having such an easy time winning with Lucia despite barely putting any work into learning her, but after days of grueling Poison practice I have a 25% win rate.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
If I delete SF5 on ps4 and reinstall it will pretty much be the same as before deleting when I start the game again right? All the fm still there, unlocked characters, stats etc.

Thinking about reinstalling to get rid of the 8gb of story mode that will never be played again

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
If I delete SF5 on ps4 and reinstall it will pretty much be the same as before deleting when I start the game again right? All the fm still there, unlocked characters, stats etc.

Thinking about reinstalling to get rid of the 8gb of story mode that will never be played again
That was the case when I deleted and reinstalled less than a week ago.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
My fight stick just came in. That is... certainly a difference, haha.

First impressions are good, though. It will take some time to build muscle memory, but I am happy I don't have difficulties performing any of the motions whatsoever. Only dashing isn't as quick as I am used to.

The stick is noisy, though. Either I find a way to dampen it or I won't be playing after midnight.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Attempted some combo trials for Ryu. The real basic ass stuff. Raw DPs haven't been a problem, but mid-combo they often come out as a fireball instead. Feels like the 3236 motion also isn't as easy to perform as it was on pad and I need to get used to the sensitivity of the buttons. When it feels like I only pushed a button twice, it actually shows up like 4 inputs. It's the same "reflexively mashing" problem I had when I started out on pad.

I can definitely see why Falke and Ed would be considered "easy input" characters on stick, by the way, much more than they are on pad..

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

As someone who's deleted it more times in a year than I've had dinner, everything will still be there.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Attempted some combo trials for Ryu. The real basic ass stuff. Raw DPs haven't been a problem, but mid-combo they often come out as a fireball instead. Feels like the 3236 motion also isn't as easy to perform as it was on pad and I need to get used to the sensitivity of the buttons. When it feels like I only pushed a button twice, it actually shows up like 4 inputs. It's the same "reflexively mashing" problem I had when I started out on pad.

I can definitely see why Falke and Ed would be considered "easy input" characters on stick, by the way, much more than they are on pad..

Been playing fighting games for decades on and off, and I still mash. Kolin has button mashing inputs and I enjoyed her play style. But then going to a character like Lucia w/o such inputs is now a determent. BAH!

Maybe I should go Honda...

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

As someone who's deleted it more times in a year than I've had dinner, everything will still be there.

Does that work? It doesn't automatically install all previously downloaded DLC?

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
That was the case when I deleted and reinstalled less than a week ago.

Thx for the answer currently redownloading
Does that work? It doesn't automatically install all previously downloaded DLC?

When selecting to redownload, it gave me an option if I want to also download the story mode.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Been playing fighting games for decades on and off, and I still mash. Kolin has button mashing inputs and I enjoyed her play style. But then going to a character like Lucia w/o such inputs is now a determent. BAH!

Maybe I should go Honda...
I actually managed to get myself to stop doing it, for the most part at least. I would do combo trials and I would limit myself to one input per move. Force myself to play by timing, not by mashing. But it looks like I need to start over, haha.

You can get button foam silencers for a couple of bucks:

You can also buy silenced joysticks, but those are a bit more expensive.
Thanks, I might try them out. I would need to switch to Sanwa, but having a set of both Sanwas and Hayabusas might not be a bad thing. It helps they're fairly cheap.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I hate that I'm having such an easy time winning with Lucia despite barely putting any work into learning her, but after days of grueling Poison practice I have a 25% win rate.
Poison is much harder rhythm to get into when you play as her but if you get into it you beat them like a heavier hitting Sagat.

Jun 12, 2018
Update on my transition to fight stick:

Day 3 now, starting to slowly feel progress, but still have a long way to go. I think I feel most comfortable using only one or two of my fingers for all of the buttons instead of pressing the buttons as if it was a keyboard, but part of me is worried that I wouldn't get to some buttons fast enough when I start playing matches. For people who play like that, is it an issue getting to buttons fast enough, or is that something that's solved with muscle memory?

Been working on Kage trials every day to get my skill up, my current plateau is trial 7. I gotta say, I don't even think I could do Kage's trial 7 even if I was using my pad. Fortunately I found some youtube videos of how to do it so I'll give it a shot when I get home, otherwise I would have been completely lost. Had zero idea how you were supposed to do a qcb motion while at the same time jumping forward lol.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Day 3 now, starting to slowly feel progress, but still have a long way to go. I think I feel most comfortable using only one or two of my fingers for all of the buttons instead of pressing the buttons as if it was a keyboard, but part of me is worried that I wouldn't get to some buttons fast enough when I start playing matches. For people who play like that, is it an issue getting to buttons fast enough, or is that something that's solved with muscle memory?

I use index and middle fingers for almost everything. Using all of your fingers is probably more efficient, but don't nobody got time to learn the damn piano.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
You should get used to using 3 fingers if you ever plan on using characters like Ed or Honda. No need to get the pinky involved, it's your weakest finger and you should never rely on it.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I've gone full back to basics. I will be spending the night doing nothing but successive dashes, fireballs and DPs until I drop the streak, trying to beat my high score every time. I also try to look at the inputs and note how "clean" they are. Fuck me they are a mess right now, even if the moves do come out.

Biggest challenge so far is keeping my wrist and fingers in place while handling the stick. They just automatically start drifting.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
weird seeing people say this. I just breezed through the trials. I even see people complain about trial 9.

I can see it both ways. The whole whip charge thing messes with my feeble mind, though after a few tries I managed to clear all of Poison's trials and I'd say I'm pretty mediocre at the game at best. Its just a matter of muscle memory, do it enough times and it sinks in, though I can't say I'm anywhere near good enough to using a combo like that in an actual Vs match!

Status
Not open for further replies.