• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
For my scrub quote of the day, The dashing corner carry command throw seems completely fucking broken. "Just take the throw" doesn't work anymore.

Edit: oh is it just in v trigger? Lol nm

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is Lucia the only character in the game with multiple taunts?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Finally ran into a Honda. Seems pretty strong, jumping away while fighting him often proved to be a bad idea if he was still on the ground.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
So yeah Lucia is a better version of Cammy. A fireball, overhead, V Reversal that works, footsies that's safe(ish) and a roundhouse with good horizontal range

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I have reached the point where I either need to start a smurfs account or legit load up ranked matches to have my character stand there until im bronze or some shit to learn a character.

Why can't we have individual character ranks, why?

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Lucia is gonna be really nuts when people start learning how good her fireball is for zoning too. Her rushdown game is so easy that nobody is really exploring that yet.
I've definitely felt that as Poison, ahaha.

If she just sits back and chucks Firecrackers from halfscreen, there's not much I can do since my whip has a hurtbox (meaning that trades are definitely not in my favour) and my supposedly-dedicated anti-projectile V-Skill is useless against 2/3 of the trajectories she can shoot it at (especially since she can shoot the arcing HK one and then fire it forwards with her spin kick).

She definitely feels like a "good at everything" type of character, but I'm excited to see how she and Honda shake up the meta moving forward. Would be great to see two more characters get added to the stable of top-tier picks to save us from the neverending parade of Rashids, Guiles, Akumas and Karins in Top 8s!

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
She definitely feels like a "good at everything" type of character, but I'm excited to see how she and Honda shake up the meta moving forward. Would be great to see two more characters get added to the stable of top-tier picks to save us from the neverending parade of Rashids, Guiles, Akumas and Karins in Top 8s!

I definitely agree with this. The game needed some disruptive freshness and it looks like we got it.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Lucia is 100% top 10 in this game...easily. Fuck a balance update, just release more madness into the already top heavy offensive game. I find it funny that people were like "a new defensive mechanic is coming!" and then capcom goes and releases one of the most insanely offensive characters in the game with a fireball... just like Rashid / Laura / Ibuki / Akuma. It's crazy.

I mean, at least this game is consistent with it's madness though. It really is just an air dash or super jump away from being some odd little Marvel clone experiment. I hope SF6 is nothing like this rodeo.

...anyways, I'm going to play another session until 3AM because

latest

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
"If she just sits back and chucks Firecrackers from halfscreen, there's not much I can do since my whip has a hurtbox (meaning that trades are definitely not in my favour) and my supposedly-dedicated anti-projectile V-Skill is useless against 2/3 of the trajectories she can shoot it at (especially since she can shoot the arcing HK one and then fire it forwards with her spin kick). "

Hard disagree here. Any trades are *most definitely* in Poison's favor, even with just cr.hp, the damage on a trade is way better for Poison. Even if you get stuffed on occasion, it is far easier for Poison to punish or force a damage trade on Lucia's fireball that is in Poison's favor than it is for Lucia to stuff cr.hp. You can just be in range of cr.hp and react to the initial animation of firecracker. There's a deadzone where cr.hp straight up punishes her light and medium firecracker on reaction, by going underneath the arc entirely. If you're slightly outside of that deadzone, you'll still trade with medium but it's a damage trade in your favor. Only the heavy firecracker is a concern at that range if you're a little slow, but if they start using heavy firecracker, they're now vulnerable to Love Me Tender or v-skill. And once you have any meter, Lucia has to start being even more judicious because EX Love Me Tender or EX Heart Raid will blow up fireballs.

Last edited:

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So the general story mode doesn't give FM anymore right? No real reason to play it I'm assuming if I've already done it before on PS4?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
General story mode is only just worth playing once for some of the hilarious moments in it - namely Juri and Chun Li (or was it Cammy?) riding a motorcycle from London halfway across the world (does it fly or travel over water then?) as well as some dumb fun moments like Zangief blocking Balrogs punches just by flexing his muscles. Its bad, but cracks me up. I never did do it on the higher difficulty though, just seemed like a complete PITA to clear.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Been watching reruns of Capcom Cup 2018 (or rather, Sajam's analyses of the matches) and it just struck me that I completely forgot about the in-game ads and how I haven't seen them since. Did they ever update them?

I get the feeling Capcom, like the players, is comfortable ignoring them, since removing them would require them to admit the whole thing has been a massive shitshow.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Im really rubbish with Honda. Definitely not the type of character I could use very well. That said, I really like what they've done with him - especially his V Trigger 2 and just his design in general - his character model looks fantastic, and I really like his alternate costumes.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Stick training is going decent, but there is one big thing I have trouble with: the DP motion. I can do the motion just fine, but so far it is a coin flip whether an actual DP comes out or if the game just settles for a fireball. I can do a clean, smooth and fast 6236 input and still get a fireball. Whereas doing it a little faster, so fast that I skip the 3, always results in a DP. Feels odd to me, but maybe it is supposed to work like that.

Another thing I have to get used to is the inability to multitask. Like with a d-pad I could walk forward and use the lower part of my thumb to already start the qcf motion, all the while maintaining the forward walk, resulting in a smooth DP. I can't with a stick. I can walk forward for five minutes straight, but if I transition into a qcf motion I only get a fireball. Apparently it doesn't register the forward walk as being part of the DP input. This is a pain because it extends to combos as well. Say I want to do a DP immediately after activating VT. On pad I could hold forward during the VT activation and follow up with an easy qcf motion to still get a DP. So far on stick I have only gotten fireballs out of this method.

And of course just after I complain about it I actually pull it off. It really is a speed issue; I simply have to do the DP motion one degree faster than I had to with a d-pad.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Welp, I'm a loser. I literally just wasted money to get the Chun-Li Costume and Akiman Costume bundles.
I bought the Akiman bundle as well. I won't lie, I like Chun-Li and some of the Akiman costumes, and I don't mind fanservice content in general. But I legitimately felt disgusted with myself when I tried out the pyjamas costume. It's too much.

Her Nostalgia, Training and Undercover Cop costumes are ace, though.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I bought the Akiman bundle as well. I won't lie, I like Chun-Li and some of the Akiman costumes, and I don't mind fanservice content in general. But I legitimately felt disgusted with myself when I tried out the pyjamas costume. It's too much.

Her Nostalgia, Training and Undercover Cop costumes are ace, though.
Well, for me I'm like... Did I really just spend money for cosmetic DLC? And I guess I did... I wish you could get the costumes individually on the PS Store so I could have just gotten a few I wanted.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Man... fighting Ryu sucks. He may not be the best character, but I genuinely hate fighting against him and his dumb dash. Win or lose, I just find it to be an obnoxious fight. I want them to buff him in the next patch, make him better, but nerf that stupid dash.

I felt her SF4 moveset was a bit boring, I remember it being mostly the typical shoto gameplan of throwing fireballs to DP jumpins.

She put her own little twist on it, but she definitely felt like a modified shoto. I am not doing well with her AT ALL, but I think she is pretty interesting.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played sf in years. Thinking about dusting off my fightpad and jumping in on PC. Community pretty healthy there?

Status
Not open for further replies.