• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ladies

Oct 25, 2017
Man I defended Bengus's art wholeheartedly when sf5 first released believing he was rushed but it seems clear that wasn't the case. I honestly think his current looser art style brings the game down because it's so inconsistent. I wasn't really a huge fan of the animated intros and endings in 4 but having them in 5 would bump up the presentation a bunch. I feel like the story art sequences are getting progressively worse each season.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Lucia actually had brown eyes in Final Fight 3, but they're blue now for some reason.

Yup

Final-fight-3-lucia.png

8376678.png

They didn't become blue until the Shadaloo CRI profile (her hair got blonder too):

10_lucia01.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You know what's funny, Bengus drew Ken with blue eyes in his SFV art despite the character model clearly having brown eyes. Just the kind of consistency you'd expect out of this game.

sfv-04_bengusart02.jpg

latest

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Funny how many laggy matches reduced going back to Nash. Like what was DaFeetLee doing on PC with a laggy connection?

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017

New way it actually better imo. I wish I could tell capcom to port SFV's training mode to SF6. It's the best in the business. But I would kill for a proper "on block, set the dummy to do these recorded actions" rather than just the reversal specials and buttons.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Had the weirdest experience just now with Poison's #9 trial. Two hours I practiced at getting it right, with no success. Until suddenly time slowed down and I felt complete clarity and focus, and I completed the combo several times in a row. Super clean, too.

For example, I normally struggle with second part of the combo, starting with the Heart Raid cancel (214.P xx K). Even if I do get the cancel, I am still too slow to hit the st.MP afterwards. But during that moment it felt like I had all the time in the world to leisurely hit the buttons I needed to hit.

I actually sat there like:

rw0ajeybgms21.jpg

Sadly the moment ended as suddenly as it started and now I am once again stuck on the 214.P xx K, s.MP xx 214.LP+MP sequence like before.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sonic Sol has made what I've been waiting for all week: a Poison video with Bel Biv DeVoe's "Poison" as the soundtrack.

Fun fact: Final Fight (and Poison) hit the arcades in December 1989. BBD's "Poison" was released as a single in February 1990.

New Jack Swing and late 80s New School hip-hop pairs so well with Street Fighter.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
There's some FGC drama going on, unsurprisingly involving Chris T and his homies being toxic to women and threatening people.

It stems from CrackPr0n making a group chat public with a few FGC heads like AfroCole, Apoc, and BrenttIsCool being misogynistic in what they thought was a safe space for it, I guess:

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
BrentisCool comes off like someone who absolutely would be friends with Chris T. And Chris T is a fucking piece of slow moving alt right shit. He's the kinda dude who calls women "females" in that punching down kinda way.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
BrentisCool comes off like someone who absolutely would be friends with Chris T. And Chris T is a fucking piece of slow moving alt right shit. He's the kinda dude who calls women "females" in that punching down kinda way.

Brent and Chris both come from the High Desert of California, so I'm not surprised they're right-leaning bros who don't want women ruining their video games. I just hope Julio, the third member of "the trinity," doesn't get dragged down by their nonsense. They're both on the verge of getting CPT bans for making open threats against CrackPr0n.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Brent and Chris both come from the High Desert of California, so I'm not surprised they're right-leaning bros who don't want women ruining their video games. I just hope Julio, the third member of "the trinity," doesn't get dragged down by their nonsense.
As a NorCal resident, I can kinda confirm you're too late on that part. Julio has had Chris and Brentt's backs in the past and has admitted to being a Jordan Peterson fan when the SoCal duo took some heat for being fans of the guy as well.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
No, there's an official source. I stumbled upon it last year or so...
I'll see if I can dig it up.
The Street Fighter Plot Guide had her as "Lucia Morgan" as early as ver 4.5, but it had no source as far as I can tell.
Yup

Final-fight-3-lucia.png

8376678.png

They didn't become blue until the Shadaloo CRI profile (her hair got blonder too):

10_lucia01.jpg
Not only did her hair get blonder and eyes changed colour, I think she might have gotten lighter skinned too. Ah, Capcpom.

Deleted member 47092

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Chris, Brent and Julio were the Holy Trinity of Kens.

Doesn't surprise me that Chris would be worshipping a chad like Ken like that.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Gutsman costume reminded me that Boxer was in the game. I had forgotten about him, which is weird since he used to be such a crushing force back in S1. How is he now? Is he just obsolete/other characters do the same thing he does, but better?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The Gutsman costume reminded me that Boxer was in the game. I had forgotten about him, which is weird since he used to be such a crushing force back in S1. How is he now? Is he just obsolete/other characters do the same thing he does, but better?
To be specific, Balrog wasn't anything in S1. The only one who played him semi-effectively was Smug, but he wasn't making any big waves with him.

Season 2 was Balrog's season, the peak season for throw loops, neutral crush counters, and V-Trigger fraudulence.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
He's still good, but G exists now.

"How about we give him all the utility and explosive power/speed of charged dash punches...but he doesn't need to charge! And he can still cancel the ex slow version into v trigger cancel!

...and he has a fireball!"

Best design ethos. It's like the current dev team has forgotten the concept of "weaknesses".

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, yeah, I remember how Q was sort of like Boxer in 3rd Strike, and G is everything Q was, except with none of the weaknesses (and a fireball).
Yeah, make sense that G ate his lunch. At least he still has the Gutsman costume!

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
"How about we give him all the utility and explosive power/speed of charged dash punches...but he doesn't need to charge! And he can still cancel the ex slow version into v trigger cancel!

Best design ethos. It's like the current dev team has forgotten the concept of "weaknesses".

Q has weaknesses. Once you knock him down he dies. But it's hard as hell to knock him down because his long range defense is good and his offense is the best.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The biggest thing I want from an UI refresh, if one is coming, are better menus. Everything about them is slow. The game takes ages to boot, the loading times are awful when returning from a match to the main menu, and navigation in general just feels sluggish.

Like, why does the game need half a minute to get me back to character select when I die in Arcade Mode? And don't get me started on that split second of lag when you open the menu in training or trials.

Oct 25, 2017

Most of the time I feel like the team decided to take all of the annoying characters from SF4 and fucking triple down on their obnoxiousness. Characters like Seth, El Fuerte, Ibuki, Abel, and C.Viper. It's like they saw those characters and were like hmmm....playing against them isn't fun, right? Ok, let's make more characters like that. Actually Abel wasn't THAT bad, I just got blown up by him a lot.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
As if the damn thing was even reliable, Matchmaking is trying to connect me to a lot of ~4 bar connections when the limit is 5 bar. It was uncommon, but now it's showing up more often.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest thing I want from an UI refresh, if one is coming, are better menus. Everything about them is slow. The game takes ages to boot, the loading times are awful when returning from a match to the main menu, and navigation in general just feels sluggish.

Like, why does the game need half a minute to get me back to character select when I die in Arcade Mode? And don't get me started on that split second of lag when you open the menu in training or trials.
This game needs some major fixing with its single-player modes.
  • Why in fuck's name does Survival mode force us to watch our character's winning animation EVERY SINGLE TIME? IT'S UNSKIPPABLE, I might add.
  • On the other hand, arcade mode skips all of the character intros for no explicable reason.
  • Why can't we skip any of the "loading" arcade mode does before every battle on PC? I can see that my PC loaded that shit in seconds, but I still have to see through 30 seconds of nothing.
  • Why doesn't arcade mode have a quick continue option? Again, we have to sit through a bunch of non-loading even if we want to keep using the same character
This kind of crap makes playing the game SP more annoying than it should be. Especially Survival, it would behoove the game to make you fly through each match as quick as possible. Also, for god's sake, let up skip over the first 20~30 stages, where the AI is absolutely brainless.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017

I just want to say, Valle is legit. When I first started showing up to WFN a few years ago, he was the most welcoming dude I've ever met in the fgc. A lot of times you can go to an event and just feel left out when you see all the big name player friend groups hanging around.

Valle would just start shooting the shit with my no name ass like we were boys. I genuinely thinks he just loves to see new faces show up. Its a shame that fgc drama overshadows really good people.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
  • Why in fuck's name does Survival mode force us to watch our character's winning animation EVERY SINGLE TIME? IT'S UNSKIPPABLE, I might add.
  • On the other hand, arcade mode skips all of the character intros for no explicable reason.
  • Why can't we skip any of the "loading" arcade mode does before every battle on PC? I can see that my PC loaded that shit in seconds, but I still have to see through 30 seconds of nothing.
  • Why doesn't arcade mode have a quick continue option? Again, we have to sit through a bunch of non-loading even if we want to keep using the same character
This kind of crap makes playing the game SP more annoying than it should be. Especially Survival, it would behoove the game to make you fly through each match as quick as possible. Also, for god's sake, let up skip over the first 20~30 stages, where the AI is absolutely brainless.
Quick continue on arcade should totally be a thing, you can do it in Vs mode and you'd be able to avoid that long damn load time...

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
To add to this:
  • Why can we switch sides in training but not in trials?
    • Why are moves shown with their names by default instead of their commands? Does anyone actually practice combos that way?​
  • Why isn't there an in-game database with frame data, preferably right there in the command list for each character?
  • With how ubiquitous the costume code is, why not add a toggle to the character select?

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
E Honda needs a nerf. It's like Capcom was afraid that he maybe weak so they gave him a safe headbutt, plus frame hands and butt stomp.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.