• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rival Schools is weird because some designs would fit in super well with Street Fighter like Batsu and Akira, then you have good designs that have random shit thrown on them that makes them look goofy as fuck. Like, these two would have a good chance of fitting into SF if it weren't for the spiky sleeves and huge ass shoulder pads;

latest
latest

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Samurai continues to prove he's too good for the teams he ends up in lol.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Rival Schools is weird because some designs would fit in super well with Street Fighter like Batsu and Akira, then you have good designs that have random shit thrown on them that makes them look goofy as fuck. Like, these two would have a good chance of fitting into SF if it weren't for the spiky sleeves and huge ass shoulder pads;

latest
latest

Have you seen Zeku?

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even though he was a Terry-Bogard wannabee, I always liked Roy. He's cool.
I still want Kyôko added as a chain throws massage artist. Her extra-pointy blouse can double as a weapon if she wants.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Those aren't any weirder than Birdie's hair or Rashid's beard. Also Blanka exists.
Eh, blanka is grandfathered in from Sf2, he whole thing is usually these types of characters would be DLC. And the thing is would people be interested enough in them with with many potential buyers lacking prior knowledge to buy this. And i say this about everyone except batsu , the dude in the white outfit, the one girl who's friends with sakura and akira. you would basically have to redesign everyone else and problably even those characters. And if you do, they might kind of become uncrecognizable and loose some of that appeal. Then again, we live in an age of costume dlc

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
As long as Idom gets to play Laura, they're not losing. I'm not really sure about the rules of banning characters, but I find it funny that they banned CJ's Cammy. When I think he has been playing Karin just as much with a Kolin to fall back on if needed.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I've been wondering, when it comes to stages, which do you all prefer? Completely original or a remake of an old stage? I prefer completely original.
I like new stages. Classics are classic for a reason, but most of my fave SFV stages (Metro City Bay Area, Kanzuki Beach, Frosty Boulevard, Ring of Justice, Kanzuki Estate, etc.) are original and the extra layer of polish really makes em shine. They seem to have learned their lesson re: NPCs post-launch as well, cuz most DLC stages have been bereft of them barring the CPT ones and a few other exceptions.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's not a vampire hunter costume but I'll never say no to a punk rock look

Hopefully the costume code gives her a more normal skintone; never really jived with the ghastly pallour so many Halloween alts seem to have.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Not what I wanted for Poison. Vampire Hunter would have been awesome. Something like Richter or Juste Belmont would have been rad as hell.

It does make me wonder why Lucia didn't get one. She seems like the most popular character out of the three. Not sure what costume she would habe gotten though.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Honda's costume looks well done (though not my thing). Poison's looks really unimaginative. The stage looks awesome.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
They'll probably announce it formally on Monday or Tuesday, with better pictures, given the release date is next week (9/17).

Still bummed about the lack of a Lucia costume.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
My friend's move to NC is complete, finally got his net up and running, we got lag when he lived 6 miles away now he's 544 miles away.
Amazingly one sided roll back wasn't bad, but instead we getting a lot of delay, feels like i am playing SF3 Mame Kailleria...

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I think a new Halloween stage means that Capcom isn't going to be done with SFV for another couple of years and that they want people to still think the game is still constantly being refreshed. IMO, if support were ending next year they wouldn't bother releasing more holiday stages.

I guess I'm willing to accept the belief that SF6 won't hit until 2022. That means SFV's lifespan will be exactly the same length as SFIV's (I thought it would be a year shorter) .

Maybe 2020 will bring in another 6 characters. I doubt there would be 6 characters for SFV in 2021 though. Capcom will probably be promoting SF6's roster by Summer 2021.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I think a new Halloween stage means that Capcom isn't going to be done with SFV for another couple of years and that they want people to still think the game is still constantly being refreshed. IMO, if support were ending next year they wouldn't bother releasing more holiday stages.

I guess I'm willing to accept the belief that SF6 won't hit until 2022. That means SFV's lifespan will be exactly the same length as SFIV's (I thought it would be a year shorter) .

Maybe 2020 will bring in another 6 characters. I doubt there would be 6 characters for SFV in 2021 though. Capcom will probably be promoting SF6's roster by Summer 2021.
Ono said verbatim that they'd planned through "2020 or so" in 2016...there was always going to be a Season 5.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

I wouldn't necessarily expect a 6 character season next year or in 2021, but they're certainly gonna keep drip feeding content until 2022. They gotta keep the game active until SFVI for CPT. Capcom will not let it lapse with Bamco, NRS, SNK, and ASW trying to make their pro tours out grow the CPT.

We're due for a title update in December or January. Street Fighter historically gets one every two years. If we get that, expect a rerelease at the start of next gen: a complete edition with all the content that's on par with PC at max settings.

I'm pretty confident we'll get at least that because this was the exact roadmap that took us from USFIV to SFV.

My hope is we get to an even 50 characters. I'm not so confident about that. That would require two characters this season (all but guaranteed considering the leaks), one more "season" (not unreasonable to expect, but not certain), and four more characters after that (a long shot).

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If "Season 6" exists, I think it's going to be dropped in the back half of 2020 like Poison/Honda/Lucia and Oro/X were.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
The way I see it :
2020 : season 5 and SF6 reveal at CC
2021 : Minor season 6 with 4 characters
2022 : SF6
Basically just like they did for SF4 :
2014 : Ultra plus sfv reveal
2015 : Omega
2016 : SFV

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Season 6 exists I see it playing out like this.

Jan/March 2020: Super SFV releases. 6/8 characters out immediately at launch, w/ 1 probably launching early at CapCup (preorder bonus for SSFV or the Super pass?)
Evo: 3 or 6 more added
Capcom Cup: Final characters added.

Status
Not open for further replies.