• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
No way that was a fan mod. Those were 3D models provided by Capcom because CPT Damon said as much on Twitter when Chris Ceglia asked why ten/0 never got access to 3D models for CPT production.

(That's all from memory. I have to go look up the tweets when I get home from work.)
Maybe Capcom didn't actually download the fan mod, but Balrog's robe is a layer that can simply be disabled. A lot of PC players did this shortly after Balrog came out. A while back X-Kira (lol) speculated that Capcom might add Easter egg versions of default costumes based on how easily layers can be turned off, but it turns out they're just turning them into lazy Fighting Chance costumes instead.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Maybe Capcom didn't actually download the fan mod, but Balrog's robe is a layer that can simply be disabled. A lot of PC players did this shortly after Balrog came out. A while back X-Kira (lol) speculated that Capcom might add Easter egg versions of default costumes based on how easily layers can be turned off, but it turns out they're just turning them into lazy Fighting Chance costumes instead.
Gotcha. That explanation makes sense.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No way that was a fan mod. Those were 3D models provided by Capcom because CPT Damon said as much on Twitter when Chris Ceglia asked why ten/0 never got access to 3D models for CPT production.

(That's all from memory. I have to go look up the tweets when I get home from work.)
Yup, I remembered this too. That's been sitting around a WHILE now.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Oh yeah I remember that. Shang posted about it as well.

It's a shame they never implemented it, because it worked quite well on some characters, Balrog included.

Fake edit - Shang's posts: 1, 2.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I know the FGC's reaction to an SFV tournament being held at the Olympics is mixed, for good reason given the international corruption surrounding amateur sports and the IOC, but can we all focus on the important issue here...

OLYMPICS COSTUMES???

THE RING OF CHARIOTS OF FIRE STAGE???

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
If Canada can qualify for the final event in Japan, could this mean our very own Flux WaveZ could be an Olympian? 🤔

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
lol, you might be right. The only noteworthy Canada player I know of is Ceroblast. But you never know, some unknown killers from Canada could pop out the blue. Definitely with that amount of money on the line.

Last edited:

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Been rather rusty with MK11, but if Canada was actually part of this, I'd start ramping up serious training again, and I figure I'd have a decent shot at it.
I didn't realize you played MK11 until one of my friends who works on some Toronto-based eSports webshow mentioned that you were one of the top players in their tournaments and it became immediately apparent just how small this world truly is lmao

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Been rather rusty with MK11, but if Canada was actually part of this, I'd start ramping up serious training again, and I figure I'd have a decent shot at it.

I brought this up in Discord to. We were talking about whether this might be 3v3 or 5v5. But regardless we figured you'd have a pretty good chance of making your countries national team.

Exciting stuff to look forward to next year for sure. And congrats on the 2nd place finish at Dreamhack. Not bad for being rusty.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Vesper is a decent player but I don't think he's anywhere close to being one of Canada's best players. He was able to build a audience as a streamer because he's a content creator and personality, not because he was a elite player.

That's what I thought. Still, I have heard him talk about taking part in events recently and would like to see him try just for the sake of it.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Here are the details I was able to gather from watching Capcom's Esport Presentation stream

-Tournament is 3v3 but each team will have a total of 4 members
-Japan as the host country gets a auto spot in the finals
-There will be a total of 20 other teams(12 countries and 8 teams representing a region)
-Those 20 other teams will have to play in a live qualifier in Poland to move on to the finals in Japan
-I think all spots for every team will be online only. I've listened to it multiple times and that's what it sounds like.

So there you go. If you're not from a prominent country then I guess you will be grouped up with your neighbors and represent your region. I also find the idea that each team having 4 members but only 3 can play to be very interesting. Instead of the ban rule that SFL has, I'm guessing each team has to figure out who to bench instead depending on things like match ups.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know the schedule for the Japanese super premier this weekend and the times for EST?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Getting hyped up for the Asura skin before realizing it's for Kage

source.gif

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the costume code gives him the extra arms. I think this is the first Kage costume that hasn't instantly repulsed me so that's something at least.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting that they make FM-only costumes for recent DLC characters (They did one for Sagat recently but who didn't buy Sagat).
When it was for a core character like Ryu, I thought this mode was a way to flush FM out of people, but now I wonder if they're using it to convince people on the fence to buy the DLC character.

Also enough with Asura's Wrath and make more God Hand stuff for Christ's sake.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
His battle costume is dope.
It's alright, but I'd like it better without the weird sash and waistcloth and if it had a colour with grey skin and orange horns

If they put the gi and rope belt from his story alt on it, it'd be pretty cool, but as it is it's a mess of colour and form that's made even more eye-searing by the alts.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
So I just browse twitter searched netcode and most of them relates to Fighting games.

And I found out in order to qualify for Olympic, you have to go through an online tournament.

Congrats to the JetBlueAutoPilot dojo members in making it to the Olympic.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Been playing Tekken 7 for over a week now, come back to SFV, first match and it get the FPS bug, frames locked at 30fps, unplayable, that wild ass Rashid player got a free win, he was doing a lot of unsafe shit couldn't punish any of it...

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Nuts to Necalli; Poison's only gotten four premium costumes this year!!!

ONLY FOUR!!! THAT'S NOT NEARLY ENOUGH!

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Don't get TOO excited y'all, this maintenance could just be to put the Balrog Fighting Chance and Kage Extra Battle costumes in the game. We've seen maintenance used solely to put costumes in the game before, right?

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Considering all spots(I think) for next year's Olympic Intel thing will be done through qualifiers, they better start fixing it as much as possible now.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Samurai is too ridiculous, two OCV two weeks in a row. Again lol. He did the same shit last season. I guess SF is just a hobby to him, that's why he's not sponsored and doesn't really do the tournament rounds, cuz he's definitely one of the top 3 players in SFL.

btw SFL is really entertaining I gotta say

edit: it's just gonna be costumes people, no need to get excited about this.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Samurai is too ridiculous, two OCV two weeks in a row. Again lol. He did the same shit last season. I guess SF is just a hobby to him, that's why he's not sponsored and doesn't really do the tournament rounds, cuz he's definitely one of the top 3 players in SFL.

btw SFL is really entertaining I gotta say

edit: it's just gonna be costumes people, no need to get excited about this.

Agreed. He just has a knack for understanding what the other player will do. Pure talent. If he spent as much time on the game as other pros he'd be really scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.