• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna see some NG/DI stages remade. Alpha 2/3 I think had the best stages in the series though.
Yeah I like the 2I/NG stages the best.

Gill's 2nd Impact Stage
sf3si-gill.png

Elena's 2nd Impact Stage
Sf3si-elena.png

Ryu and Ken's New Generation Stage
latest

Alex's New Generation Stage
miscb0105.png

Alex's 2nd Impact Stage
latest

Yun and Yang's New Generation and 2nd Impact Stage
latest

Hugo's 2nd Impact Stage
latest

Ken's 2nd Impact Stage
latest

Gill's New Generation Stage
latest

Necro's 2nd Impact Stage
latest

Ibuki's New Generation and 2nd Impact Stage
84e67f5c0658bb4b3bc576106ccd4008.png

Urien's 2nd Impact Stage
52c7c791efaab63cea6f426330e0c909.png

Sean's New Generation Stage
754ccd90dc0d6246a0eee0aaea13cb64.jpg

Take from

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Would definitely love some more original stages rather than yet another set of remakes or holiday tweaks of the starting stages. Skies of Honour, Kanzuki Beach, Temple of Ascension, Metro City Bay Area, and the CPT stages (hell, even Dojo) are all great, shame that we haven't gotten a fully-original DLC stage since Season 2.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I'd still love to see original stages for the newcomers who have never had a home stage of their own.
  • F.A.N.G - The stage from his concept art.
  • Necalli - An Aztec temple overtaken by plants and snakes and covered with ancient Necalli art.
  • Ed & Falke - Futuristic Neo Shadaloo headquarters with the non-playable members carrying out various tasks in the background.
  • Menat - She likes to collect souvenirs from around the world, so I think a boat filled with her belongings traveling down the Nile would suit her. You'd pass camels, pyramids, and other Egyptian landmarks in the background.
  • Zeku - A Bushinryu forest shrine in Japan -- perhaps something like this.
  • G - A Western desert town with a podium and crowd of admirers in the background. Mountains would be visible in the distance, and occasionally a steam train would roll through. G would stand at the podium and captivate citizens with a speech if he is not selected for battle.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Which SF characters aren't entirely lifted or heavily inspired by a real person/movie/tv show/manga/anime at this point?

Blanka and Seth?
Even the ones you think were ripped from someplace else end up being ripped from other stuff

Still weirded me out to find out yun is based on a real ass dude

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017

Gill's 2nd Impact Stage
sf3si-gill.png

Elena's 2nd Impact Stage
Sf3si-elena.png

latest

miscb0105.png

Alex's 2nd Impact Stage
latest

latest

Hugo's 2nd Impact Stage
latest

Ken's 2nd Impact Stage
latest

latest

Necro's 2nd Impact Stage
latest

Urien's 2nd Impact Stage

Take from

Yeah, all gorgeous. I would love more stage transitions either in battle or the next round. Capcom played with this a bit in SFxT and for the Hong Kong stage in SFV. Overall, I don't really like the stages much in SF4 and V. Some are great like the beach, Metro City and the remade stages, but the airfields and waterfall levels just have no character to them.

On another note, I picked up Cody over the weekend and he's so much fun to use. His entire move set is a Final Fight homage complete with his FF1 auto combo. I'm not really good with him yet so I've been mostly getting bodied in Casual. I don't dare to take him in Ranked yet.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, all gorgeous. I would love more stage transitions either in battle or the next round. Capcom played with this a bit in SFxT and for the Hong Kong stage in SFV. Overall, I don't really like the stages much in SF4 and V. Some are great like the beach, Metro City and the remade stages, but the airfields and waterfall levels just have no character to them.

On another note, I picked up Cody over the weekend and he's so much fun to use. His entire move set is a Final Fight homage complete with his FF1 auto combo. I'm not really good with him yet so I've been mostly getting bodied in Casual. I don't dare to take him in Ranked yet.
I think stage design in fighting games overall is pretty crappy these days. Nobody is really hitting it out of the park.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
We talking stages? O shiet.

I think the 2i, NG, Alpha 2 and CVS1 have the best stages. I would like some of those back, but on the other hand, I would like some more new ones.

3S, Alpha 3 and CVS2 were not as good, imo.

The original SFV stages are bland to me. The newer ones are good. I really like the "Ring of" stages.

Tekken 7 stages are alright. For some reason they are not that appealing to me. They are good, but don't have "flair", idk.

MK11 are nice. SamShodown are good looking for the most part, I wish the graphical fidelity was better though.

Last edited:

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
MK11 are nice. SamShowdown are good looking for the most part, I with the graphical fidelity was better though.

I'm not a huge fan of NRS games aesthetically, but the last two NRS games have some of the best stages this gen. Tekken 7 is pretty trash on the stage front. Sam Sho has a couple dope ones. Genjuro's stage being the main standout with that red sky (shout out to the pirate galleon too).

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I'm not a huge fan of NRS games aesthetically, but the last two NRS games have some of the best stages this gen. Tekken 7 is pretty trash on the stage front. Sam Sho has a couple dope ones. Genjuro's stage being the main standout with that red sky (shout out to the pirate galleon too).

Yea, MK11 is pretty damn good on this front. Strangely enough, I don't like their tournament stage though.

I wish it was some random huge arena in outworld or edenia somewhere with huge banners and flags that had the art for the current major tournament that is happening.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Yea, MK11 is pretty damn good on this front. Strangely enough, I don't like their tournament stage though.

I wish it was some random huge arena in outworld or edenia somewhere with huge banners and flags that had the art for the current major tournament that is happening.

It's pretty garish. It looks like a cheesy game show stage, which I guess they're going for.

I like seeing the old Midway cabinets, but like go full meta and make the stage an arcade.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm completely tired of the SFII stages. It got old after the third one they release. I would prefer to get new stages instead.

Agreed. I do like Sagat's stage. That's about the only old one I like. Love new ones like Shadaloo at Night and Temple if Ascension.

For example, Honda's bathhouse. Who asked for it? Lol

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing some 2I love gets me all teary eyed.

SF5 pays tribute to damn near everything Capcom under the sun but ohh would it light me up inside seeing some 2I music or stages dropped in.

And Sean.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm disappointed Sagat's stage was literally SF2's stage. He's had several variations of stages in front of a reclining Buddha, it's really not difficult to think of a different variation, angle for the statue, time of day, and say "here's a new stage for Sagat".
No, instead we got the exact same one from SF2. Which is good, but also... from SF2.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
At some point, Street Fighter should throw in Rival Schools characters, but affected by the progression of time in the same way that Sakura, Karin, and the Final Fight characters were. It'd be so rad to see adult Roy Bowman running for mayor against Cody or a jacked Akira Kazama leading her own biker gang.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

Gill's 2nd Impact Stage
sf3si-gill.png

Elena's 2nd Impact Stage
Sf3si-elena.png

latest

miscb0105.png

Alex's 2nd Impact Stage
latest

latest

Hugo's 2nd Impact Stage
latest

Ken's 2nd Impact Stage
latest

latest

Necro's 2nd Impact Stage
latest

Urien's 2nd Impact Stage

Take from
Remind me why they arc like that at the top for? Is it because of the CRT screen of the arcade cabinet?

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
so what exactly is tournament mode? no details yet?

Is it just setting up brackets for online/local play?

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
so what exactly is tournament mode? no details yet?

Is it just setting up brackets for online/local play?

Here are some details

It does seem like all the work will be handled in the server. So someone creates it, sets the rules, and then people just have to show up. At least that's what we hope.

But I hope it works that way. So people can join, play, and advance and not have to worry creating a room and the rules and also reporting it to the TO on Twitch or Discord.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Akuma - 900
Rashid - 950

...Juri 950

This fucking game, man. Can't wait for that Season 5 balance patch of "added 4 frames of recovery to akuma's CR HP".

"Oh cool, I'll just wait for the whiff and--oh, he jumped / dashed in / ex demon flipped while I was waiting..."

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Bob, who do you play? No particular reason why I'm asking. Just curious.

I mained Cammy until June 2018. Then I made it a goal to learn outside the box and unlearn the "is +3" game style Cammy was teaching me. So I started smurfing Gief, Guile, and Cody. Then I landed on Menat for pretty much all this year. And I loved how using her made me start thinking of different things during neutral. Basically, she made me learn to react and see shit I was never seeing before.

And although it hurt, I swore off Menat and started maining Poison to continue the whole "I'd rather learn than win" kick I've been on. I've almost got Poison to master but...it's fucking rough, man. I'll be on her for the rest of the year.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Sounds like you've had quite the journey. Good on you for giving other characters a try.

So your main goal for right now is to hit Master with Poison?

It's always cool to hear about the goals of others on here. Haven't asked in awhile.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
This was the right call. Training stage is the worst.

You most have forgotten that this is ONLINE tournament.

The Grid is only used in the online CPT tournaments because of the fps drops.

So? The super basic stages like Shadaloo Base at Night or Kanzuki Estate at Noon etc are fine online.

Yes meanwhile Fields of Fate and Temple of Ascension is tournament legal. Also the Water Fall stage lags as well.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I always feel noticeably more lag on stages that are not Training stage, especially on the waterfall or China stages. There's absolutely a reason Training stage is always played online and mandatory in online tournaments that know what they're doing. It's not like some other games, where there's not much of a difference. I find it surprising that people would play SFV online and feel no difference themselves, if they're wired.

The Tournament mode might end up being a huge mess because of how SFV's online works. Guess it's why they're doing a beta period.

Status
Not open for further replies.