• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Alex was not good in 3rd Strike, but he felt somewhat usable unlike his mash lariat randomly SFV iteration. Hopefully they make him closer to 3S in 6 (I don't see him not being in the base roster). I also agree with his model being ugly. They didn't sculpt his body correctly; he looks more gorilla-ish when he had a slightly leaner frame in 3 and even Tatsunoko.

I hate 3S, but this is one of my favorite sets.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I disagree on Alex. I personally like how he plays better in SFV better than 3S. It's different for sure though. I do want the cross up foot stomp back though. I think he firmly sits in the solid department in both games. And tiers do not matter in the lower levels most of us are playing at. I have come to peace with his anti-air situation in V. I'm always trying to keep my self in the right distance where the shoulder will hit.

I agree, his model is not the greatest in V. Something is off. I like how his moves animate for the most part. His default idle stance, I wish it was different, I don't like the hutch. Hate all his alt outfits except the Leo costume. His post match victory animation is dumb. His hair sucks.

Damn Capcom, just give Alex better alts.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Alex... Something is off.

Ce0M8WBVIAAhA69.jpg

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thats literally his neutral pose in all games he's in, there's nothing to "fix".
Alex3s-stance.gif

Besides, you would need to redo ALL of his animations to transition to and from the new neutral pose properly (which by itself is animated and has multiple idle animations itself so thats more work), this isnt a sprite you can just rotate in paint like the picture shows, just like how photoshoping Ken's face isnt how modelling, lighting and posing a face in-game works at all.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Alex's pose, like his entire existence in SFV, is hideous. Easily one of the worst character models in the game.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
His model is on the uglier side but I really dig how he plays, easily my favourite gameplay version of the character even if he is low tier.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
They're not gonna fix Alex's pose. Ken has been looking weird as hell since the game came out and they still haven't fixed that, let alone this.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Intentional or not, whenever Alex stops walking, and his legs snap back to the idle stance like he's a fucking GI Joe you've been twisting at the hips, he looks jarring AS FUCK.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
He stands weird, but Alex has some of the best premium costumes.

Also his new default look is better than his SFIII look. (Besides the hair.)

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Alex's torso should be shaped like a triangle where he has those emaciated jesus abs then buff wide shoulders and long arms. In 5 he looks like a caucasian stunt double for T Hawk.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I remember Maximilian reacting to the Alex reveal pics and him just being incredibly disappointed. First Ken's face, then Alex looking like T Hawk. He just couldn't catch a break finding a blonde pretty boy to use in this game.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Since people are still by talking about Alex's stance. It kind of bothers me that he slouches so much. He's supposed to be a big man that towers over most of the characters. But his normal stance keeps him at eye to eye level with Ryu who is 8 inches shorter than him.

I know it was almost the same thing in SF3 but it bothers me more seeing it in SFV. I guess because the stance looks so bad.

Oct 25, 2017
Since people are still by talking about Alex's stance. It kind of bothers me that he slouches so much. He's supposed to be a big man that towers over most of the characters. But his normal stance keeps him at eye to eye level with Ryu who is 8 inches shorter than him.

I know it was almost the same thing in SF3 but it bothers me more seeing it in SFV. I guess because the stance looks so bad.
Well he's a wrestler. Wouldn't he want to keep a low centre of gravity?

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
SFV Alex wears a belt and suspenders. He's a mess.

I'm one of the people that wanted him back for a new game. I liked how he played in 3, he was fun. So what if he was low tier, 80% of the cast was. I just don't think they translated him well.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel Alex was more fun to use in 3S and Tatsunoko (at least the updated version, he was ass in the first one) than in SF5. Not sure why he feels less "him" in a Street Fighter game than in a game he was hyper bombing Viewtiful Joe, Joe the Condor and giant robots.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm one of the people that wanted him back for a new game. I liked how he played in 3, he was fun. So what if he was low tier, 80% of the cast was. I just don't think they translated him well.

Yeah this is pretty much my stance. I enjoy playing as Alex in SF5 but he didn't make the jump well at all, which is a shame seeing as Urien came out looking great.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this is pretty much my stance. I enjoy playing as Alex in SF5 but he didn't make the jump well at all, which is a shame seeing as Urien came out looking great.
I feel they couldn't fit Urien in SF4, so he was part of the important characters they were thinking about when they designed SF5. They made sure they could accommodate Aegis Reflectors properly within the rules of the game. CFJ had shown what not to do with that character.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
Is it too late to start out in Street Fighter V? I have the game on PS4 but can't remember if it has crossplay with PC? How's the player base?

Also, I played Boxer in SFIV, who does he translate to in SFV? I'm looking for simple combos, lots of damage and preferably a charge character.

MasaDrew

Jun 20, 2019
10K has been my plateau for quite some time, however within the last week I've been able to work on some stuff and i've gone up to 13.5k over the weekend. I understand there are silly players regardless of rank but for the most part i've had an easier time with Diamonds because they seem to actually play like they're thinking to a degree. It feels easier to make reads and condition players rather than say gold-plat where its theoretically better to just focus on basics.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Is it too late to start out in Street Fighter V? I have the game on PS4 but can't remember if it has crossplay with PC? How's the player base?

Also, I played Boxer in SFIV, who does he translate to in SFV? I'm looking for simple combos, lots of damage and preferably a charge character.

SFV does, in fact, have crossplay with PC players. There is still quite a large playerbase, so you won't struggle finding matches at any level. Also, I think you would be pretty happy with Balrog in SFV. He has some pretty heavy damaging combos and they are fairly simple. Though G is even better and he shares a few moves with Boxer. Have fun. Cheers!

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
If they were, their social media would be posting teases about it non-stop.

Ono already said November and December, I see no reason the company would reveal anything earlier.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
X-Kira out there tweeting screenshots of what look like to be SFV dev build folders with character codes such as HUG, YUN, and VPR. He also has Retsu and Byron listed on there so the list is extra ridiculous. So if these characters come up in conversation within the next couple of days it'll be because of him.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
X-Kira out there tweeting screenshots of what look like to be SFV dev build folders with character codes such as HUG, YUN, and VPR. He also has Retsu and Byron listed on there so the list is extra ridiculous. So if these characters come up in conversation within the next couple of days it'll be because of him.
That sure is a list, lmfao

Yeah, Hugo's definitely still making it in even after Abigail cribbed his Omega Mode moveset. Yeah, fkn BYRON is making it in before the other Neo Shadaloo agents. Kira needs to stop.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe any of that, but it's only a matter of time before they make Retsu playable. It's going to happen one day even if it doesn't in this game.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe any of that, but it's only a matter of time before they make Retsu playable. It's going to happen one day even if it doesn't in this game.
Why Retsu specifically, do you figure? Is it because he's the only SF1 character who hasn't ever been playable/had a playable analogue?

Ryu, Ken, Gen, Birdie, Eagle, Adon and Sagat all became playable in future games, while Joe, Mike, Lee, and Geki had Cody, Balrog, Yun/Yang and Claw appropriating their aesthetics/fighting styles. I guess Retsu is kind of the only one left, unless you wanna count Makoto as having a kempo-adjacent pure martial arts style.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ryu, Ken, Gen, Birdie, Eagle, Adon and Sagat all became playable in future games, while Joe, Mike, Lee, and Geki had Cody, Balrog, Yun/Yang and Claw appropriating their aesthetics/fighting styles. I guess Retsu is kind of the only one left, unless you wanna count Makoto as having a kempo-adjacent pure martial arts style.
I think out of them, Lee could do a few cool things: not only get Yun/Yang's style (as a stance switch) but also incorporate elements of SFxT's Lei (I really really want them to take inspiration from a few of the Tekken characters in that game, some move lists were too good to abandon). Retsu is probably the one that's visually the most striking, maybe?
I hope they don't pass over Eagle because "there's already Cammy and Birdie, we don't need a third Brit".

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why Retsu specifically, do you figure? Is it because he's the only SF1 character who hasn't ever been playable/had a playable analogue?

Yes, that's exactly why.

Also Alex is my favorite SF character, chill with the slander.

Also next month is nov, wonder how many characters they'll drop so close to CC.

Also we really getting Oro?

Also Alex top tier in season 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.