• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
ok and? I'm just saying that none of you even know basic stuff about the character
He's only ever had Brazilian stages, resides in Brazil, is listed as Brazilian IN THE GAME, and has a Portuguese name.

Like him being Japanese is exclusively a lore thing that I'm pretty sure only people that know SF well could tell you.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's only ever had Brazilian stages, resides in Brazil, is listed as Brazilian IN THE GAME, and has a Portuguese name.

Like him being Japanese is exclusively a lore thing that I'm pretty sure only people that know SF well could tell you.

He's literally Japanese, that's his nationality. Yeah he's got stages in Brazil but his country of origin is Japan. I don't even know why this is a big deal lol

EDIT: I checked his CFN profile and they retconned it to unknown, but it was Japanese in on the SF character encyclopaedias. Again, not that it matters except for you making this into way more of a thing then it was in the first place

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because you apparently had an issue with people thinking Oro had anything to do with Brazil.

I said he wasn't Brazilian (which he's not) and that he was Japanese (which he was until they retconned it), not that he didn't have anything to do with Brazil. Again, I really don't know why you've decided to latch onto this as some big deal when I really didn't mean for it to be. I'm just gonna move on from this.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Oro's nationality has actually always officially been unknown. It's not a retcon.

QWVSLNv.png

The official SFIII site says that "he lives in a cave in the Amazon rainforest" and that "he seems to be Japanese but the details are unknown."

rude

Oct 25, 2017
There aren't going to be any characters a month before Capcom Cup. You guys should know better.

So the only thing I can think of for November is going to be a v-skill 2 trailer similar to the one for v-trigger 2

Oct 25, 2017
There aren't going to be any characters a month before Capcom Cup. You guys should know better.

So the only thing I can think of for November is going to be a v-skill 2 trailer similar to the one for v-trigger 2
Because the only possibility is Capcom launches the character the day of the announcement. There's no precedent at all for them to tease characters for a big update a month in advance. Not at all.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Because the only possibility is Capcom launches the character the day of the announcement. There's no precedent at all for them to tease characters for a big update a month in advance. Not at all.
well, they never really called attention to the Akuma/Sakura teases they did. They just happened without commentary. Ono saying in August that we'd get "news" in November makes me think it's something a little more substantial than just a tease. But ok.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017

Maybe, or maybe we get an Oro trailer at the N.A. regional finals and then a Rose one at Capcom Cup.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Playstation 5 confirmed for 2020... what do you guys think this means for SF6? Reveal dates? Actual release? Is it even coming?

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Playstation 5 confirmed for 2020... what do you guys think this means for SF6? Reveal dates? Actual release? Is it even coming?
they are making a self-described "fully funded e-sports game" as we type. it can't be anything else because we know they're risk averse

Capcom Cup 2020 - Teaser with logo and no footage & last SF5 Character (Dark Cammy)
E3 2021 - First footage and beta info
Q1 2022 - Release

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Will Dan be part of the launch roster?

Honestly... I think that is the best chance he has of making it. I think Capcom is afraid that he is too divisive to sell as a DLC character. So, I really hope he makes that launch roster. That being said, he is still a reasonably popular character, so I think he has a real shot.

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dan as a preorder/early adopter bonus for Super or the S5 pass/bundle (like the costumes for AE) wouldn't surprise me.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
they are making a self-described "fully funded e-sports game" as we type. it can't be anything else because we know they're risk averse

Capcom Cup 2020 - Teaser with logo and no footage & last SF5 Character (Dark Cammy)
E3 2021 - First footage and beta info
Q1 2022 - Release
I agree with this mostly. E3 2021 reveal lines up with the shorter marketing cycles Capcom has embraced lately.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope for SF6 they release characters two at a time (with longer gaps between releases ofc) as I feel like that's the only way you can bring in less popular characters as DLC. No ones gonna buy a Remy or a Juni on their own but if you include them with a Sagat or a Karin it kind of lessons the blow for the majority who don't care about the lesser known characters. Otherwise we have to put all our hopes into the base roster when it comes to characters we want that aren't popular.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
How much longer are people expecting SFV to be updated? Because it's 2019...and I really don't see much else beyond the rumored Winter pack.

2022 seems so far for the next Capcom fighting game.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
How much longer are people expecting SFV to be updated? Because it's 2019...and I really don't see much else beyond the rumored Winter pack.

2022 seems so far for the next Capcom fighting game.
I can't really see them coming out with SFVI in 2021, especially if they want to come out the gate swinging. Likewise, I can't see them leaving SFV high & dry for 2 years straight. As rude said, I expect SFV to have Season 5 send the game off on a high note. After that, we'll likely have Capcom Cup 2020 end with a SFVI teaser.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
I expect two more characters and a balance patch at the end of the year. My guess is Capcom will announce a Super SFV for PS4/PS5. It'll have some gameplay enhancements like an additional v-skill or super plus 2-4 new characters. Maybe the Super SKU will include all the DLC seasons on a single disc.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I expect two more characters and a balance patch at the end of the year. My guess is Capcom will announce a Super SFV for PS4/PS5. It'll have some gameplay enhancements like an additional v-skill or super plus 2-4 new characters. Maybe the Super SKU will include all the DLC seasons on a single disc.
Yeah, I'd imagine that we'll get 2 more characters to finish up Season 4 (Oro, as rumored, & one other guy). Hell, I could see a scenario where the Winter Pack gets announced in November & we get a more traditional Season 5 revealed in December (possibly SSFV, as you mentioned).

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
It's crazy how they didn't

Made Akuma's EX Dp hard knockdown on the second hit. You could only do that air fireball mix up on the VTC EX DP on the first hit of that DP.
Making EX Bullhead more negative unblock so every character can punish it.
Get rid of push back on minus and unsafe moves on block. Chun Li's fierce is -5 but who's been punishing it? The same with Bison's Fierce which is -6

This game is compared to anime fighting games, but I'm pretty sure those games have fast long reaching moves

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
did you forget about USF4? It's going to be like that. One more season and no updates for 1.5ish years.

Was going to say that waiting 1.5 years is going be rough but, capcom did us a solid by getting us use to the no updates with this year's 8 month drought that didn't even include a 4.5 patch.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Any of you guys play ps4 fortnite? Had to get a new ps4 since mine finally died. It came with a fortnite code with

epic neo versa outfit
epic neo phrenzy back bling
2,000 v-bucks

I don't want any of this and figure I'd ask you guys first.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With the PS5 announced and I'm certain capcom will release a SFV version to mik it on the PS5, maybe with ray tracing lighting or something.

I wonder if my Madcatz TES+ Shadaloo will work on it. Hmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.