• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I doubt Capcom will go a year and a half without updates this time around. I'm sure there will be character updates of some kind in Season 5 and 6 even if its just 2 characters per year. They're going to want the CPT and SFL to still have decent viewership.

*But* this is Capcom after all and sometimes they make the most backwards decision so this speculation is as useful as a dull knife.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt Capcom will go a year and a half without updates this time around. I'm sure there will be character updates of some kind in Season 5 and 6 even if its just 2 characters per year. They're going to want the CPT and SFL to still have decent viewership.

*But* this is Capcom after all and sometimes they make the most backwards decision so this speculation is as useful as a dull knife.
the 8 months of nothing this year proves they don't care. There will be crossover costumes for anyone who doesn't have one and a 2021 CPT stage/costumes and that's it.

mark my words

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

I do believe that we'll get a Season 5 with more characters, but there's no real point in doing a Season 6 if SFVI does indeed come out in 2022. By that point, most would understand that Capcom's setting the stage for SFVI. That plus stuff like balance patches & costumes should keep things somewhat going as SFV rounds out its life. Either way, I'd be shocked if we go into CPT 2022 with SFV as the main game, & I'm not sure if we'd still get DLC characters for SFV in 2021 given how close SFVI would be.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I do believe that we'll get a Season 5 with more characters, but there's no real point in doing a Season 6 if SFVI does indeed come out in 2022. By that point, most would understand that Capcom's setting the stage for SFVI. That plus stuff like balance patches & costumes should keep things somewhat going as SFV rounds out its life. Either way, I'd be shocked if we go into CPT 2022 with SFV as the main game, & I'm not sure if we'd still get DLC characters for SFV in 2021 given how close SFVI would be.
IMO, Season 6 is the perfect time to drop Decapre - who we know was being prepped for the launch roster - and any clone character that can be finished up easily before SF6 is announced. This is just my speculation.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I've been out of the loop for SFV since Evo, guessing nothing new has really been announced? I see more murmurs of Oro getting announced soon maybe, but that's it? Guessing its still best to wait until the Capcom Cup final before expecting anything else?

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been out of the loop for SFV since Evo, guessing nothing new has really been announced? I see more murmurs of Oro getting announced soon maybe, but that's it? Guessing its still best to wait until the Capcom Cup final before expecting anything else?

Ono said at EVO that we'd next hear news in November and December. We only know about Oro because the same person who correctly 'predicted' the EVO announcement said he was coming. Same person also said Rose was pretty much done but didn't think she was this season.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
That Brazilian stream thing is in a few hours. Still doubt that anything will come of it (and I can't even casually glance at it bc I'm at work) but it's still a thing, I guess.

Hope that NA Regional Finals bear some fruit worthy of excitement, even with Poison being awesome and fun my enthusiasm for this game has plateaued again.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
With the PS5 announced and I'm certain capcom will release a SFV version to mik it on the PS5, maybe with ray tracing lighting or something.

I wonder if my Madcatz TES+ Shadaloo will work on it. Hmmm....
I don't think there will be a PS5-only version of the game, considering the PS5 will be backwards compatible, and it would behoove Capcom to maintain crossplay, because the bigger the userbase is the better it goes for a GaaS game.

SFV's final push will probably come in the form of a PS5 patch that gives it a few graphical upgrades like a more stable framerate and higher resolution. Although who knows if they will even bother to do that considering they don't want to spend the resources it would take to make a Pro patch.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Brazil and DR are combined for the Intel tourney. 6 Brazillian qualifiers, 2 DR leading into the final tourney to cut to 4.

edit: I think judging by the map and labels Mexico and Central America are combined as well.

edit2: Country costumes (tracksuits) confirmed.

Oct 25, 2017

The first time since Battle Outfits that every character gets a set. Really liking that some of these are personally suited, like Urien's popped collar, Gief and Akuma keeping theirs open, and Poison's sports bra.

Edit: I'll Paypal $3 to the first guy that makes a decent Adidas mod for Kolin and Gief's tracksuits.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

I know the FGC's reaction to an SFV tournament being held at the Olympics is mixed, for good reason given the international corruption surrounding amateur sports and the IOC, but can we all focus on the important issue here...

OLYMPICS COSTUMES???

THE RING OF CHARIOTS OF FIRE STAGE???

I knew it was coming.

Is that... a costume with normal pants for Laura ???

I've waited four damn years and I finally got a decent athletic outfit for my main.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I REALLY hope those have alt colours because the style is so slick but I'd love to personalize them a little more.

Abigail getting sweatbands to replace his bicep-tires is so good!

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EH has a translation- Country Costumes free. Ono confirmed char announcements for Nov/Dec along with "content".

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone of those track suits look badass. Bison's and Urien's are amazing. Cammy/Laura with pants. These simple ass costumes going to end up being the best in the game.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Canada and Mexico are combined.

All of the details are here: https://www.intelworldopen.gg/sf5/

That link no longer has any info now. But anyways I'm surprised by those combinations. I really thought Canada would have its own team. Same for Brazil among all the countries south of the US. It really makes you wonder who else gets to represent only themselves besides the US and Japan?

And I'm assuming both countries will have their own qualifiers so that one side can't take all the spots?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That link no longer has any info now. But anyways I'm surprised by those combinations. I really thought Canada would have its own team. Same for Brazil among all the countries south of the US. It really makes you wonder who else gets to represent only themselves besides the US and Japan?

And I'm assuming both countries will have their own qualifiers so that one side can't take all the spots?
Whoa, I wonder if they removed all of the info in that link because it was up too early. Figures that even this would leak. It had been up for a few days now.

All of the 12 pre-selected countries are the following:

1. USA
  2. Brazil
  3. Dominican Republic
  4. China
  5. Hong Kong
  6. Korea
  7. Taiwan
  8. Singapore
  9. UK
  10. France
  11. Russia
  12. UAE
The 8 regions are:
  1. North America
  2. Central America
  3. South America
  4. Europe 1
  5. Europe 2
  6. Asia
  7. Oceania
  8. Middle East & Africa
EGiwBC3X4AInD5F.jpg:orig

I'm not surprised Canada isn't one of the 12 countries because they consider CPT points and playerbase (and Canada was ranked 25th in countries for this season's CPT points earned). It's nice that we have a spot in the NA region. But Canada and Mexico being part of the same region for online qualifiers is ridiculous, and it's not going to be pretty.

Last edited:

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Everyone of those track suits look badass. Bison's and Urien's are amazing. Cammy/Laura with pants. These simple ass costumes going to end up being the best in the game.

There are so many costumes in SFIV and SFV if one or two elements were REMOVED.

Simplicity was required in the pixel art days, but Capcom doesn't apply that restraint in the 3D era and their designs suffer for it. That's why these costumes are such a breath of fresh air.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Presumably SSFV's story content (whatever it is) will put the game up to the start of SF3, so it might be due to that.

I'm convinced Capcom doesn't have the courage to advance the SF storyline past SF3. Instead we're going to get:

SFVI - Three days prior to SF3
SFVII - One day prior to SF3
SFVIII - 30 seconds prior to SF3
SFIX - Ryu travels back in time and reboots the timeline at SF1.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm convinced Capcom doesn't have the courage to advance the SF storyline past SF3. Instead we're going to get:

SFVI - Three days prior to SF3
SFVII - One day prior to SF3
SFVIII - Takes place in an alternate dimension, tentative title Street Fighter vs Marvel Comics
SFIX - Ryu travels back in time and reboots the timeline at SF1.
And then SFX will be the time skip anyway and half the roster will be new characters.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
All of the 12 pre-selected countries are the following:

I legit thought there would be bias towards Western nations with a strong history of competitive SF. But it's like what you said, they rewarded the countries with the best results even if they were strictly carried by 1 player.

Hopefully it won't feel too awkward to team up with people from a completely different nation for you guys and players from other regions that were grouped together.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it was costumes and esports stuff, as expected. Cool that the tracksuits are free.

However, as punishment for the previous posts of people getting their hopes up for Oro this early, please look at this image of his old man cock and balls

CoDCjaCUEAAYkzj

Let this be a lesson to you all that Ono never lies (except for that one time he lied).

Status
Not open for further replies.