• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Extra Battle costumes didn't take so long to obtain. 2 weeks would be nice. 1 month though?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
And here I was already set on not spending any more FM on costumes for characters I don't really play. But then, if it's Oro and Decapre next, it's not like I'll be spending it on characters either. :/

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Easily among the best costumes they've done. Disappointed that she didn't get Franziska though. That's literally the most obvious crossover ever.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
While the netcode is terrible and I wish for all future fighting games to have competent to excellent online, there's stuff like this that's just hilarious.

Stand abilities activated kinda shit.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Damnit, why do they keep giving Poison such amazing costumes?! It's legit hard to pick which one I like best.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this looks like the client will be updated next week. I wonder if there will be anything interesting to datamine from it. Steam DB is showing updates made 10-11 hours ago.

The patch hole datamining Kira and the other guys do is showing Poison-EB, Blanka-EB, the 3 Red Bull costumes, G, Poison, Lucia holiday outfits, and a second RE-themed holiday stage. (We know that RE part from data mining the current client, the description's in there like how the Halloween description explicitly mentioned Darkstalkers.)

I forgot that the final S4 EB costume was on it, so this is probably only going to have Poison and the Red Bull stuff. Blanka and the Holiday stuff should drop....right after NA finals. So there's a non-zero chance of the final 2 S4 characters in November, since they don't show up in the patch hole data mining.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
While the Lady costume fits Poison thematically, feels like they're skirting that transphobic "humour" line again. 😐

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
While the netcode is terrible and I wish for all future fighting games to have competent to excellent online, there's stuff like this that's just hilarious.

Dev tip: always grammar check and make sure your code isn't grayed out after debugging and QA testing.

Last edited:

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
The art/soundfile for the stage is apparently in-game already. The Halloween one was this. This is definitely a bizarre mix, though a Green Herb xmas tree would be amazing.
Wasn't that Halloween line used for the big Darkstalkers costume bundle last year? I don't think it has anything to do with the Union Graveyard stage. Yuriko only says "it's horror night" and "happy Halloween" this year.

I think a few more Resident Evil costumes in December is more likely than a Resident Evil Christmas stage (SFV doesn't have series crossover stages, only costumes).

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't that Halloween line used for the big Darkstalkers costume bundle last year? I don't think it has anything to do with the Union Graveyard stage.
Last year was the succubus outfit for Halloween. The only date I could find on the mummy image was a reddit post on 9/20 (a few days after this bundle launched.)

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Last year was the succubus outfit.
I'm talking about this: "For this year's Halloween, the Darkstalkers have gathered." Yuriko said that last year in her succubus outfit to advertise the Darkstalkers costume bundle, but X-Kira is acting like that line is used to advertise Union Graveyard to justify his Darkstalkers stage prediction (even though Union Graveyard has nothing to do with Darkstalkers).

This is example #4,371 of X-Kira weaving a fictitious narrative around a single vague file or reference he discovered.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Since Decapre is coming, nothing else matters other than netcode

Here's why rollback netcode is important to get that Fortnite money and why FGC boomers needs to accept it.

No matter how good or how small your country is, you need a good netcode

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Why would anyone be against better netcode? I feel lucky that I've escaped the issues with SFVs netcode woes, I mainly get good matches, but I'd never be against them improving things further, and I especially agree with Maximillion's point on the whole rematching time stuff, as SFV is awful when it comes to matchmaking times. Really hope SFVI fixes these issues.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kira using vague lines of code to make up extravagant bullshit in order to stay relevant?

giphy.gif

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Years ago last gen I was saying FGs had to be built from the start around the online play and was met with hostility. Let's hope they're currently working on SFVI with that approach, this gen was incredibly disappointing when I think of the franchises I enjoy.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Years ago last gen I was saying FGs had to be built from the start around the online play and was met with hostility. Let's hope they're currently working on SFVI with that approach, this gen was incredibly disappointing when I think of the franchises I enjoy.

Waiting and being hopeful isn't going to make things better.

Fighting games have some of the worst coverage in game journalism. Issues about netcode isn't seen as an issues like MTX.

Modern Warfare getting coverage made me disappointed because you see the community complaining about as well as the MTX.

Meanwhile the FGC complains about the netcode and the only site covers it is Eventhub. Meanwhile big gaming website will make headlines about how MK11 and SFV added MTX.

Next gen won't get better and I doubt GG2020 will use GGPO because IGN and Kotaku aren't even covering news about the game.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018

How is this even possible? Did input get lost so the game just assumed they let go of the EX knuckles?!

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

Looks like a modded version of SF5 where the modder gave Cody a move similiar to Makoto's Asteroid vision from Blazblue.

Cody on the ground was just a fake the real one was invisible in the air

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a modded version of SF5 where the modder gave Cody a move similiar to Makoto's Asteroid vision from Blazblue.

Cody on the ground was just a fake the real one was invisible in the air
That makes more sense; it did remind me of Basara from SamSho. Fake news, but still looks hilarious. I love characters that have that ability.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
That makes more sense; it did remind me of Basara from SamSho. Fake news, but still looks hilarious. I love characters that have that ability.

Oh I didn't say it was a modded version just that whatever the rollback resulted in here looks like some weird modded version because even by weird rollback standards this is something lol

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I didn't say it was a modded version just that whatever the rollback resulted in heredo here looks like some weird modded version
Ah, I gotcha. SFV in serious rollback does some wacky stuff. Like, moments when the opponent critical arts and actually nope, they didn't. It's entertaining in how frustrating it is, I guess.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Karin has gotten to a point where Cammy was last season. it's become too much.
Rushdown characters usually have good buttons, good frame data, or good damage but Karin somehow got away with having all three lmfao

As annoying as Cammy was, at the very least she had to open you up more before she could win; with Karin it feels like you get touched once which leads to a mixup on oki which leads to death if you guess wrong. I know I'm not one to speak cuz I played Abigail during his Peak BS but still, it's ridiculous.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Say, wasn't there someone claiming we will get more info about the new characters or the next content today or tomorrow? (forgot when exactly it was). What happened to that?

The guy said that Decapre and Oro are coming and then apparently got busted by the Capcops. He also said that Rose is completely done and quite different in 5 and that C. Viper is nowhere to be seen.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
The guy said that Decapre and Oro are coming and then apparently got busted by the Capcops. He also said that Rose is completely done and quite different in 5 and that C. Viper is nowhere to be seen.

Isn't he also supporting that Seth and Gill are going to be in the game in some fashion as well? Or was that incorrect?

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
If they do add Decapre I hope its a decently post SF5 story Decapre who is now more her own person and not a doll anymore obviously with her own hairstyle to further differentiate her from Cammy. Make the doll costume with mask the classic costume

Moveset wise would like it if she was based on her Omega iteration where she wasn't a charge character anymore

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.