• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I say let SFV rock with dumb shit so that enough people are tired of it that SF6 has no chance of being like this.

People want to buff everyone to Akuma Rashid levels of stupidity, so give it to them and let the unga flow.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I say let SFV rock with dumb shit so that enough people are tired of it that SF6 has no chance of being like this.

People want to buff everyone to Akuma Rashid levels of stupidity, so give it to them and let the unga flow.

I'd rather not have SFVI be reactionary and super safe like SFIV again. Each game don't have to go from one extreme to the other.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather not have SFVI be reactionary and super safe like SFIV again. Each game don't have to go from one extreme to the other.

An SFV style game that was updated constantly so the stupidity doesn't dip into "can cancel fireball" or whatever rashid is would actually be fun. But just being left to the wind like this really shows the holes in an oppressive game like this.

Its capcom's own fault if they have deal with people wanting a more reserved game when sf6 comes around.

People are constantly bringing up how frustrating the game is.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
I think that's kinda it. The current top are overtuned. We need more characters to be brought down, not more characters to be brought to their level so we have an even more explosively stupid game. People who say that nerfs shouldn't ever happen and characters should only ever get buffed don't know what they're talking about.

This is how I feel. I really don't want more characters playing like Akuma or Rashid.

Oct 25, 2017
TBH I just want SFVI to take SFV's mechanics and just tweak the system settings. Things like making the juggle count far more liberal (or even removing it altogether?), increasing range on moves (both hit and hurtboxes) across the board, balancing the next game's install mechanic, etc. I don't want another SFIV to SFV where all the complaints are just kneejerk reacted to and built around.

I know SF isn't a series to employ iterative change, but I feel that this installment is so close to being perfect that a bunch of significant tweaks would fix it as opposed to tossing it out with the bathwater and starting the next one from scratch.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I hope that whatever the inevitable SF6 comeback mechanic turns out to be is a complete departure from VTs. I was initially excited for them but, after years of playing SFV, I'm ready for them to go. Taking everything fun / interesting that a character can do and locking it behind an install is just boring. Never mind how bland and samey many of them are. In truth, I'd be totally fine with the revenge gauge itself getting dropped, but I really don't see that happening.

I just hope Capcom learns something constructive from their missteps with SFV, both in terms of game design & company communication. But, if there's anything I've learned from following this game it's to try your best to maintain the lowest possible expectations.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
What about beefing up base moves with more plus frames or less minus ones, for example and then making VTs defensive buffs that make blocking easier or give certain moves armor or invincibility?

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Moves just need less push back if they're designed to by -5.

Who can really punish Chun Li's/Bison's Standing Fierce, or Menat's Standing Strong or Birdie's EX Bullhead? By design, they are punishable but they have push back to prevent that from happening.

Nobody can even punish -3f OB moves let a lone have everyone with a 3f move.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I think I just heard the shittiest rumour in existence for SFV.
The
mark
of
my
dignity
shall
scar
thy
dna

the fact that the British leaker is co-signing it...Gill doesn't make any sense unless they're going to retcon what he looked like or acted like in 3 when SF6 comes around.

I don't believe this one.

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe that they'd put them in the game. The SF3/4 ladders need a end boss and Kira's talked up themed alternate arcade ladders for eons now. Putting them in as actual characters and not bosses you can't play in competitive modes a la 3S is where I don't understand how it'd be possible, especially after Urien got a Gill costume.

Like, if we got story modes for them, they were free since they're mostly for Arcade mode, and the winter bundle was 3 characters at CapCup? That'd make more sense.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I did the first challenge and I have to say that the Lady costume is REALLY nicely modeled. Kudos to whoever made it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Seth rumour? Wow, that'd be... the worst possible choice for a character DLC possible. Doubt its true though, seems unlikely they'd bring him back.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Seth rumour? Wow, that'd be... the worst possible choice for a character DLC possible. Doubt its true though, seems unlikely they'd bring him back.
I don't like posting Kira stuff but Hasan is backing it up which is why people are even considering it.

@XKiraDatamining:
Thread of hate: Seth and Gill are next chars for Winter Bundle, teased in 24~25 days at NA Regional Finals November 16~18.

Note: I did not mention the terms RUMOR here... https://t.co/TtBCZsiS4n

@XKiraDatamining Replying to @SkyKnight765 @TheMestreSamuca:
Want to BET with me ?
@Hasan__R:
He won't bet, he will go broke and lose his money. Don't doubt us

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't get Sir_Arthur. Dude said Oro was coming next but ever since Kira started dick riding him to stay relevant he's been siding with him despite none of Kira's shit matching up with his. I'm honestly lost on whether to keep trusting him or not because the dude's sending major mixed signals.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
I honestly don't get Sir_Arthur. Dude said Oro was coming next but ever since Kira started dick riding him to stay relevant he's been siding with him despite none of Kira's shit matching up with his. I'm honestly lost on whether to keep trusting him or not because the dude's sending major mixed signals.

Yeah, it's hard to figure out if he is changing his story or Capcom is trying to surprise people by changing their plans (something Sir_Arthur reckons they are doing).

First it was Oro and Rose (not long after Evo), then it was Oro and Decapre (a few weeks ago).

Now it's Gill and Seth?!?

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's hard to figure out if he is changing his story or Capcom is trying to surprise people by changing their plans (something Sir_Arthur reckons they are doing).

First it was Oro and Rose (not long after Evo), then it was Oro and Decapre (a few weeks ago).

Now it's Gill and Seth?!?

Yeah I'm utterly baffled at this point as to who's actually coming. I've spent so long (since EVO) thinking Oro was next now I'm not even sure that's happening. I do feel pretty positive that Seth and Gill aren't coming though. Kira has been saying they're coming for like a year now (since arcade mode dropped at least) so I have faith that he's just talking out his ass again.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Since Kira is involved in the rumor I don't believe it... but this still has me legit shook...

Everyone will pay for Seth.

I want to personally apologize for telling you that no matter who the next character is, they are going to be an improvement over Honda. Even as a meme, Honda is clearly substantially better than Seth. I don't even hate Honda... I main Honda in SF2. I was just trying to make a joke. Please, Capcom, I have been punished enough, don't bring back Seth. I'm so sorry. You already forced Kage on us. Isn't that enough? Isn't that enough? Please...

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Adding two unplayable in competitive bosses right before Capcom cup makes more sense than adding 2 brand new characters 4 weeks beforehand.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
No fkn way is Gill coming after Urien got a costume that literally just makes him Gill.

The two have the exact same moveset, c'mon.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It really doesn't but OK
It fnishes off the arcade ladders that launched with A.E. and doesn't screw with the competitive game by throwing in two wildcards right before their premier tournament of the year. You can then do a 3-character bundle with whatever the last 2 of S4 originally were + first char of the original S5 at CapCup.

This is predicated on the assumption that you're not paying for those two. They're added in primarily as NPCs with a slight amount of content for them but aren't full fledged competitive characters.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It fnishes off the arcade ladders that launched with A.E. and doesn't screw with the competitive game by throwing in two wildcards right before their premier tournament of the year. You can then do a 3-character bundle with whatever the last 2 of S4 originally were + first char of the original S5 at CapCup.

Dude no one gives a fuck about arcade mode. People spent years screaming it for now no one uses it. Why in the FUCK would Capcom not only waste their time and resources adding two unplayable characters to a game mode no one plays but announce it on stage at the end of their yearly esports tour. Please for the love god stop talking shit and making up the most dumbass excuses just make Kira seem like he knows what he's talking about, it's beyond annyoing at this point.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I want to personally apologize for telling you that no matter who the next character is, they are going to be an improvement over Honda. Even as a meme, Honda is clearly substantially better than Seth. I don't even hate Honda... I main Honda in SF2. I was just trying to make a joke. Please, Capcom, I have been punished enough, don't bring back Seth. I'm so sorry. You already forced Kage on us. Isn't that enough? Isn't that enough? Please...
You're gonna look up from admist the misery of the Tanden Engine and beg me to save you.

And I'm gonna look down and whisper "HOLD IT RIGHT THERE"

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Feels like he's just riding the wave of fame he got after correctly predicting Lucia.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure Kira was already talking about those two when the Arcade Ladders were shown. Along with I don't know how many stages, costumes, CA2, VT2, VC2...
I mean, when you say "everything is coming", you're bound to be correct for some of them, right?
(Except when even your 30-feet long list doesn't include Lucia)

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Adding two unplayable in competitive bosses right before Capcom cup makes more sense than adding 2 brand new characters 4 weeks beforehand.

I would hope that Capcom realizes how much that would piss people off. They fucked up the first 7 months of the year big time so I'm sure they aren't going to just release two arcade mode bosses. 4 weeks doesn't factor in, I don't think. You hardly see any of the latest 3 characters and it's been 3 months already.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude no one gives a fuck about arcade mode. People spent years screaming it for now no one uses it. Why in the FUCK would Capcom not only waste their time and resources adding two unplayable characters to a game mode no one plays but announce it one stage at the end of their yearly esports tour. Please for the love god stop warping shit and making up the most dumbass excuses just make Kira seem like he knows what he's talking about, it's beyond annyoing at this point.
Well, you don't, but a whole lot of people were upset that it wasn't in at launch, and them finalizing the ladders in the final update for AE would at least be fitting. it doesn't take that many resources to do either character - they already have the Gill model in game, Urien's moveset is a reskinned Gill moveset, and Seth is a Urien/Gill clone. They've been slowly adding era-appropriate costumes to the mode over time and I think they're basically at the point where everyone has the right costume now. Going so far as to add the two pallete-swap bosses in a free update as you tease/preview the December update isn't the craziest idea. I cannot see these characters being paid DLC though as Urien is basically just Gill and no one wants to fucking play against Seth in competitive again.

if the Sir_A guy weren't backing it, I wouldn't be considering it because Kira's record on sourced character stuff is like 0/1000, but he is and has said he was wrong on Oro/Decapre as the November characters.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly sick and fucking tired of getting into it with you over this shit, kirblar. Believe what you want, I don't give a fuck. I don't know why you're so keen to defend Kira but I'm honestly sick of it and I'm sick of you. I'm done with getting into shit over this dumb as fuck clout chaser and his even dumber minions. Have fun when Seth and Gill aren't announced next month.

Feels like he's just riding the wave of fame he got after correctly predicting Lucia.

Yeah that seems to be the case honestly. His source basically told him to fuck off for using his info to chase twitter clout and he was messaging me about how pissed off he was about being blocked so I wouldn't surprise if he's clinging around Kira to keep his 15 minutes going.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing that seems pretty obvioius (and this has nothing to do with any sources) is that the upcoming V3 of the game doesn't appear to be coming with a retail SKU refresh in stores like A.E. did. For A.E. they had already announced it by now and we had been some minor industry leaks about it. The retail SKU refresh is something you'd expect and I wonder If that's a change in plans due to the combo of the Olympics thing + the rumor that PS5 was pushed back from late '19/early '20 to late '20 release date, making it a better idea to stretch out to a S6 and a "complete" (character wise) retail SKU launching in late 2020/early 2021 close to the PS5 launch because of the rumored backward compatibility.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
I could believe Gill, but Seth gets a "hell naw" from me for all eternity. Still believe Oro's getting it.

This. It would be boring as hell and I want no part of it.

You're gonna look up from admist the misery of the Tanden Engine and beg me to save you.

And I'm gonna look down and whisper "HOLD IT RIGHT THERE"

Rorschach Honda over here.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I could see Gill coming eventually. The whole Pillar Man/Mediterranean/Greek Pankration vibe.

He's teased in the story. He's the next big boss in the timeline. He's the organizer of the third World Warrior Tournament. He would fit in with all this Olympics shit. Plus he would be easy to design because Urien is already in the game. He'd basically be Urien's Kage.

That said, no way in hell do Gill and Seth drop at the same time. That's so dumb.

I think Sir_A is trolling now. I don't trust nothing he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.