• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I liked Seth in 4 but unless they do a WILD redesign of him and his moveset I dont want to see him again. Gill I feel is very possible especially since they've been teasing him so much in the story, so if they plan to continue said story in 5 rather than wait for 6 we might see him pop up. I dont trust X-Kira that the time for it is NOW, however, since we got some solid leads on Oro and track record shows Kira is unreliable as all hell.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Capcom has been teasing character *and* content announcements according to the latest interview, at EGX no? For characters Oro and Decapre make much more sense due to their existing appearances in the game. For content, Seth and Gill make sense for the Boss Rush Mode that Kira has been going on and on about.

Regardless, I recommend everyone stick to what we've heard from Capcom officially because we've learned the hard way that 'leakers' more wrong than they are right. That applies to Kira and it applies to folks on DIscords who may or may not be pretending to know something (*cough* like in our discord *cough*).

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Maybe Sir_Arthur's source is trolling him by telling him that Seth and Gill are next up. It certainly is funny in an irritating kind of way.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Sir_Arthur's source is trolling him by telling him that Seth and Gill are next up. It certainly is funny in an irritating kind of way.
He got completely cut off from his source and tbh he's such a blabbermouth clout-chaser that he definitely would've said something if he knew earlier. Instead, he only started pushing those two after Kira had invented the "leak" that they were next.

He deleted his earlier post supposedly confirming that Oro and Decapre were on their way and then vaguetweeted about "Capcops" being real so part of me is thinking that he's only going along with Kira's BS to protect his own butt after Capcom sent him a C&D or something.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably Capcom is looking for the internal leaker and has given employees different names, to see which one will be brought up on Twitter. Someone is going to lose their job...

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if this time, instead of having moves from the World Warriors, Seth copies moves from Laura, FANG, Menat, Abigail and Falke.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Seth's gimmick should just be moves from characters they aren't planning on putting into the game

Pompadour

Oct 25, 2017
Albuquerque, NM
I don't get what's going on between Kira and Hasan but Kira is usually wrong. However, Kira's picks for upcoming characters are typically givens since they're popular (Rose, Viper, Oro to a lesser extent) so Seth and Gill are far left field. Maybe Hasan got more info but couldn't announce it, so he told Kira privately who claimed he datamined it?

Here's why Seth and Gill seem likely:

1) SFV could very well be on a tighter budget with SF6 in development. If S4 turns out to be a 6 char season, three characters that historically are made from reused assets are good picks to save money.

2) Save the characters people want for SF6. Karin, Mika, Alex, and Urien were likely never included in SF4 for that reason.

If we see an S5, I can see us getting a few more low effort characters (Decapre, Violent Ken) with some medium popularity chars throw in (Oro, Viper, Rose?)

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell would Gill be in SFV when he's a Urien Costume?
That's what I've been thinking, but it's also easy to play devil's advocate and see the argument from the other side: the entire expanding roster wasn't planned years ago, and if the team really wants to include Gill they're not going to let a two-year-old costume get in the way. The costume is also described as being Gill's doppelgänger, so a Gill vs. Halloween Urien fight would be thematically appropriate.

Pompadour

Oct 25, 2017
Albuquerque, NM
Why the hell would Gill be in SFV when he's a Urien Costume?

Gill would probably look different than the Gill costume. Notably, Gill has Necalli style hair that glows and his red and blue skin glows and dims as the match goes on.

Here's an example:

gill-stance.gif

The Gill costume doesn't do any of that and the hair is different.

001.png

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone here explain me how the fuck does Kolin work?

As a (scrubby Silver) Guile player, I am stomped playing Super Silver/ Gold Kolins, they do that frikin reverse parry thing on me all the time, when I try to hit them with normals, I cannot even punish their CHK (sweeps) with my sweep without again, getting some crazy parry reversal thing. She's like the only character I don't understand how to approach in this game.

She's like Guile's biggest nemesis.

TL;DR

Explain to the folks at home how to fight Gold Kolins.

PS: Anyone catch the First Attack Top 8 in Puerto Rico today? My Heroes didn't make it too far (in the top 8), but Punk won.. Was really rootin for the Luffy R. Mika. He played exceptionally well, but that cheap arse Karin.

Last edited:

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
I highly doubt it's releasing that soon with Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate, Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV and Persona 5 Scramble all releasing in February.
Can anyone here explain me how the fuck does Kolin work?

As a (scrubby Silver) Guile player, I am stomped playing Super Silver/ Gold Kolins, they do that frikin reverse parry thing on me all the time, when I try to hit them with normals, I cannot even punish their CHK (sweeps) with my sweep without again, getting some crazy parry reversal thing. She's like the only character I don't understand how to approach in this game.

She's like Guile's biggest nemesis.

TL;DR

Explain to the folks at home how to fight Gold Kolins.

PS: Anyone catch the First Attack Top 8 in Puerto Rico today? My Heroes didn't make it too far (in the top 8), but Punk won.. Was really rootin for the Luffy R. Mika. He played exceptionally well, but that cheap arse Karin.

I'm a scrub, too!

That being said I bait the parry by empty jumping or delaying my normals. It allows you to punish them hard. You also have to watch your frame traps, if the Kolin player figures out your go-to frame traps they can use the parry to get you. Again, delay your normals or mix up your attacks alternating between the frame trap and finishing the sequence early and doing something like waiting or throwing instead.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a scrub, too!

That being said I bait the parry by empty jumping or delaying my normals. It allows you to punish them hard. You also have to watch your frame traps, if the Kolin player figures out your go-to frame traps they can use the parry to get you. Again, delay your normals or mix up your attacks alternating between the frame trap and finishing the sequence early and doing something like waiting or throwing instead.
Ahh I see, this kinda helps thanks, yeah I noticed, just waiting sometimes can lead to better results. I can kind of treat it like (while fighting) Ryu's VT2?

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. At low levels people try to parry everything with Ryu. It definitely hurts them more than it helps them :)
Haha, I love fighting those said Ryus, as soon as they activate their VT2, I love watching their panic and the need to parry everything while leaving themselves open for delayed attacks and throws! It's really an odd V Trigger if you think about it.."I gotta parry these attacks before the timer runs out!"

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Haha, I love fighting those said Ryus, as soon as they activate their VT2, I love watching their panic and the need to parry everything while leaving themselves open for delayed attacks and throws! It's really an odd V Trigger if you think about it.."I gotta parry these attacks before the timer runs out!"

Yeah, the pairing of on-a-timer and need-to-be-careful-with-your-timing is interesting, for sure. People who know how to use it are a different story. They can get themselves a nice chunk of damage.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the pairing of on-a-timer and need-to-be-careful-with-your-timing is interesting, for sure. People who know how to use it are a different story. They can get themselves a nice chunk of damage.

The strength of Ryu's VT2 in a good player's hands is more the threat of the parry than the actual parry. It gives your opponent an additional thing to worry about and cause them to hold off on pressing buttons if they think you're going to respond with a parry.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017

I think too many Ryu's(even in the higher ranks) focus too much on landing a sick parry instead of using VT2 for what it's best at. It changes the way your opponent plays. You don't have to use it, you just have to let them know it's there. And if you don't use it, it will last a very long time. And that's a very long time that the opponent will spend playing out of the ordinary. All of a sudden they don't meaty on wake up, won't commit to a block string, or they'll empty jump like someone else said.

Whenever I play Ryu I will just activate and practically forget it's there. But the thing is, my opponent won't(most of the time anyways lol). They keep thinking about how to bait it. I'm no different when I play against a Ryu with VT2. Even though I have this mindset when I play as Ryu, I'm always thinking "this dude will totally do it randomly" when he's my opponent and is using VT2.

Oct 25, 2017
I think too many Ryu's(even in the higher ranks) focus too much on landing a sick parry instead of using VT2 for what it's best at. It changes the way your opponent plays. You don't have to use it, you just have to let them know it's there. And if you don't use it, it will last a very long time. And that's a very long time that the opponent will spend playing out of the ordinary. All of a sudden they don't meaty on wake up, won't commit to a block string, or they'll empty jump like someone else said.

Whenever I play Ryu I will just activate and practically forget it's there. But the thing is, my opponent won't(most of the time anyways lol). They keep thinking about how to bait it. I'm no different when I play against a Ryu with VT2. Even though I have this mindset when I play as Ryu, I'm always thinking "this dude will totally do it randomly" when he's my opponent and is using VT2.

Yup, this is a good analogy of Ryu's VT2, It totally changes the way your opponent approaches you, once it's activated. Most beginner Ryus love to burn their V triggers though, even VT 1, once it';s activated, they go nuts, spamming it , Like it's cool to charge his fireball and all, but if your opponent is across the screen, he has time to react, so don;t just charge it for the sake of it, find the right time to hit stun or whatever.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Yup, this is a good analogy of Ryu's VT2, It totally changes the way your opponent approaches you, once it's activated. Most beginner Ryus love to burn their V triggers though, even VT 1, once it';s activated, they go nuts, spamming it , Like it's cool to charge his fireball and all, but if your opponent is across the screen, he has time to react, so don;t just charge it for the sake of it, find the right time to hit stun or whatever.
Yeah, it's similar to when you have a super that goes through fireballs, once you have meter, the fireballs stop. It's just as important as actually landing the thing.

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to deal with Chuns as a Guile player? She's another pain on my side, I hate fighting Chuns, can't stay too close, they get you with their 100 kick thing, and throws... or even if you stay mid range, they got more options than you. I am thinking, play keep away?

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
The next Street Fighter should continue refining SFV's visual style and the evidence for my argument is the Overwatch 2 trailer.

It doesn't need to look more realistic, or more like hand drawn anime. Overwatch is still its style competitor, not other fighting games.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The next Street Fighter should continue refining SFV's visual style and the evidence for my argument is the Overwatch 2 trailer.

It doesn't need to look more realistic, or more like hand drawn anime. Overwatch is still its style competitor, not other fighting games.
I've been thinking about this a lot and I think that's what will happen. To many asset, it's become a greatest hits of Capcom itself from the costumes to the stages. Anything else would be a big downgraded. Doesn't mean it has to play the same either

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I've been thinking about this a lot and I think that's what will happen. To many asset, it's become a greatest hits of Capcom itself from the costumes to the stages. Anything else would be a big downgraded. Doesn't mean it has to play the same either

If they abandon the style, Riot's fighting game will run with the Pixar-esque aesthetic all the way to the bank. Nobody else is trying to do it, and Capcom has so much invested in it.

Oct 25, 2017
OW2 is yet another testament to how GaaS should be handled, and I think no other game than SFV is better to take that example.

Oct 25, 2017
You cannot support that model with a low player base.
You can use it to leverage goodwill and boost your initial playerbase. Announce SFVI will have a similar business model (but swap lootboxes for standard costume monetization and costume season passes) and suddenly more eyes will be on the game.

Hate to admit it but you're not hitting MK sales by just doing the same thing over and over.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can use it to leverage goodwill and boost your initial playerbase. Announce SFVI will have a similar business model (but swap lootboxes for standard costume monetization and costume season passes) and suddenly more eyes will be on the game.

Hate to admit it but you're not hitting MK sales by just doing the same thing over and over.
MK doesnt use OW monetization. For good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.