• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to deal with Chuns as a Guile player? She's another pain on my side, I hate fighting Chuns, can't stay too close, they get you with their 100 kick thing, and throws... or even if you stay mid range, they got more options than you. I am thinking, play keep away?

I suggest playing the lame game. Chun doesn't have the best options for getting through boom spam. Her non-ex Kikokens aren't that great as a shield, no armored moves, her under-projectile slide is short range, and her normal/VT jumps are floaty.

Stay outside Chun's poking range and lay down booms and force the opponent to come to you. If Chun tries to jump over your booms, AA or flash kick her. Mix-up your booms and v-skill projectiles to make it harder for the Chun to get a read jump-in. As the Chun gets closer and is focused on the fireball game, you can mix-things up by suddenly going on the offensive with a jump-in attack combo or dash forward and attack.

Oct 25, 2017
I suggest playing the lame game. Chun doesn't have the best options for getting through boom spam. Her non-ex Kikokens aren't that great as a shield, no armored moves, her under-projectile slide is short range, and her normal/VT jumps are floaty.

Stay outside Chun's poking range and lay down booms and force the opponent to come to you. If Chun tries to jump over your booms, AA or flash kick her. Mix-up your booms and v-skill projectiles to make it harder for the Chun to get a read jump-in. As the Chun gets closer and is focused on the fireball game, you can mix-things up by suddenly going on the offensive with a jump-in attack combo or dash forward and attack.
This sounds like solid advice, thanks! I admit I do not have much experience against Chuns, and she moves fast across the stage and it's intimidating. she also has options to slide in or do that stupid flip kick thing (over head/cross ups etc )

But yeah I will try this, thanks.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017

Seattle native putting in work. Also, does this mean I can beat daigo since Ive beaten chris a few times? Im going to go with an undisputed yes.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Here is a interesting fact, anyone who signs up for NA Regional Finals will earn points and make it on the CPT Leaderboard. The event awards the top 192 and currently there are only 93 signed up with 1 week left. I expect a big surge in the final week, but not that big. So here is your chance lol.

The other two Super Premiers were Asia Premier and EVO. The former had a little over 1k while the latter had nearly 2k, this one will probably have 120-130 at best. It doesn't seem right IMO to be giving away points like this lol.

Last edited:

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Here is a interesting fact, anyone who signs up for NA Regional Finals will earn points and make it on the CPT Leaderboard. The event awards the top 192 and currently there are only 93 signed up with 1 week left. I expect a big surge in the final week, but not that big. So here is your chance lol.

The other two Super Premiers were Asia Premier and EVO. The former had a little over 1k whiled the latter had nearly 2k, this one will probably have 120-130 at best. It doesn't seem right IMO to be giving away points like this lol.
Hopefully nobody else show up and both Kichipamu and Itazan makes it into capcom cup.
For real I honestly think people are just super tired. Not only that but I know a ton of players from EU like Takamura have completely dried out their budget for the year.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully nobody else show up and both Kichipamu and Itazan makes it into capcom cup.
For real I honestly think people are just super tired. Not only that but I know a ton of players from EU like Takamura have completely dried out their budget for the year.

The Winner of this final Premier gets 50k, I didn't even know that until yesterday. Without even looking at the bracket I expect everyone should be back. Including all the guys who have been on break the past month or so. Just too much money to pass up. The race to the finish line is going to be very interesting this year though.

Oh and this tweet did not age well

I don't blame him for thinking that though. A lot of people thought 700 would be enough this year. But most of the top 10 guys stopped going to events and the points trickled down with several players in that 30-40 range(at the time) capitalizing.

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
I'm actually scared of how much influence SFV put on the new fighting games (looking at you GG 2020).

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Lmao i feel bad for gustavo but yeah since ppl fighters most heavy seeded players have stopped traveling

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually scared of how much influence SFV put on the new fighting games (looking at you GG 2020).
It's less SFV influencing it and more fighting devs realizing they're not hitting big sales numbers if nobody can play their game. GG in particular is notorious for being unplayable by pretty much anybody who hasn't touched the series.

MachGao

Oct 28, 2017

More like sales numbers influencing it. Arc wants more people to play it but GG had a rep for being hard to get into if you were new to the series from a mechanics standpoint.

Though I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some people started blaming SF5 for the simplification of GG 2020.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

Fighting games have been fixated on solving the barrier of entry problem since their most recent resurgence. Street Fighter V was a part of that, but it was far from the first game to attempt to solve the issue.

Of course, I still think it is an unsolvable problem, but we will see.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
More like sales numbers influencing it. Arc wants more people to play it but GG had a rep for being hard to get into if you were new to the series from a mechanics standpoint.

Though I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some people started blaming SF5 for the simplification of GG 2020.

Those people are idiots then. DBFZ and MK11 also featured simplified mechanics and have sold far more than SFV out of the gate.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xrd = heavily reliant on setplay and 50/50 oki setups.
GG2020 = want to focus on removing setplay and 50/50 oki setups.

One of these games is like SF5. One of them isn't.

This ain't it, chiefs.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
It would be a tragedy if Rashid wins Capcom Cup back to back.

Rashid

• Crouching HP
- Reduced the V-Gauge meter gain from a Crush Counter from 150 to 120.

• L Eagle Spike
①Damage decreased from 110 to 100.
②Increased the blowback on hit.
③Reduced the stun from 200 to 150.

• L Spinning Mixer
- Damage decreased from 90 to 80.

Just a taste of the "nerfs" he got last year. Win or lose he will remain unchanged going into season 5. Also, there was absolutely no change to his current semi throw loop in the corner last year. They'll nerf his health to 925 and call it a day.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I've started to think that the Tekken World Tour system is much better since it only cares about your top performances in the different categories and doesn't require non-stop travel. The CPT is too damn volatile. Especially now at this point in the year. If I were Capcom I wouldn't be putting so much stress on the players sitting under the top ten like the current point structure does.

And the NA Finals Open Premier does not deserve Super Premier status. That is such a ridiculous decision on their part.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

Eh, I think it's more that's where the general trends are going for the genre anyway.

Also I cut SF some slack given that without SF4's success it's doubltful any of other current fighters would even exist.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the genre wouldn't have shriveled and died without SFIV. Be less mainstream, yeah, lead to every other developer no longer making anything, obviously not.

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
Rashid

• Crouching HP

• L Eagle Spike

• L Spinning Mixer

Just a taste of the "nerfs" he got last year. Win or lose he will remain unchanged going into season 5. Also, there was absolutely no change to his current semi throw loop in the corner last year. They'll nerf his health to 925 and call it a day.
AsItShouldBe.gif

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Rashid

• Crouching HP

• L Eagle Spike

• L Spinning Mixer

They can

make Mixer minus on hit and punishable on block. It's stupid that his VT1 version is neutral on block with a corner carry. With his VT1 EX Mixer not being able to be CC because it can be canceled out on whiff

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like solid advice, thanks! I admit I do not have much experience against Chuns, and she moves fast across the stage and it's intimidating. she also has options to slide in or do that stupid flip kick thing (over head/cross ups etc )

But yeah I will try this, thanks.

Chun's slide on whiff is -9. You can take the opportunity to walk/dash back to regain lost distance. Chun's overhead flip kick has a huge hurtbox. If your fast enough on reaction you can jab it out even if Chun appears already behind your character.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Yes, it will definitely by Sunday November 17th. Probably in the evening after the NA Regional Top 8 has concluded.

(Not to be confused with the NA Super Open Premier which will be held on the day before, November 16th.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.