• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see him get BTFO next week. Will he delete his account again? Only time will tell.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The buff, blond trio.
Cody is all the buff blond we need! (I mean, we also have Alex, but........ yeaaaaaah).
We need more hot black dudes. Or hot buff non-blonds. Or generally not-blonds. Please no more blond girls, I'm starting to have trouble to differentiate them.

At the very least, we need hot shirtless T-Hawk and redesigned hot shirtless Dee-Jay in Season 5.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
El Fuerte is ok. I woulnt mind seeing him agan but I also wouldnt mind not seeing him again.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Cody is all the buff blond we need! (I mean, we also have Alex, but........ yeaaaaaah).
We need more hot black dudes. Or hot buff non-blonds. Or generally not-blonds. Please no more blond girls, I'm starting to have trouble to differentiate them.

At the very least, we need hot shirtless T-Hawk and redesigned hot shirtless Dee-Jay in Season 5.
T. Hawk definitely. I've advocated for him many times. He's amazing and deserves a beefcake forward redesign. (Dudley over Deejay though.)

But I need my blond muscle bombers. (They can change the hair color if they want, but I'm not bothered by the amount of blonds. I also want Eagle and Abel soooooo....)

Honestly, Capcpom should just stop making Street Fighter and make Slam Masters exclusively. Everyone wins.
Let's do it.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Y'all should read this.

www.eurogamer.net

What does the future hold for Street Fighter 5?

For years now, Yoshinori Ono has been the public face of Street Fighter. And Street Fighter's defined his life - having…

It seems like we're going to get characters in Nov and Dec and then there will be no updates until the Intel Olympics tournament is over.

Ono also shares thoughts on when its ideal to release SF6 and technology he wants to take advantage of such as better AI.

It also sounds like he thinks the netcode is fine now... 🥶

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Y'all should read this.

www.eurogamer.net

What does the future hold for Street Fighter 5?

For years now, Yoshinori Ono has been the public face of Street Fighter. And Street Fighter's defined his life - having…

It seems like we're going to get characters in Nov and Dec and then there will be no updates until the Intel Olympics tournament is over.

Ono also shares thoughts on when its ideal to release SF6 and technology he wants to take advantage of such as better AI.

It also sounds like he thinks the netcode is fine now... 🥶

Wow an article on a Fighting Game.

Ono said:
We definitely learnt a lot from launch, the main thing being our netcode - we took a lot of heat for the quality of that. It's easy to look back now and say we got through it, but it was a tough period. We had to do a lot of work to improve that and get it to where it is today. That's one thing I'd definitely look at for any future title, that has to be got right at launch.

Ono is out of touch.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Ono is out of touch.
Vnfs6OA.gif

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
At least we know we are in for a lengthy dry spell this time around. People won't be in a constant state of expectation, disappointment, and confusion. It also sounds like Street Fighter V may be around for another two or three seasons. Personally, I don't mind that (I also get off on watching the haters seethe with anger, so it should be a good time).

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
At least we know we are in for a lengthy dry spell this time around. People won't be in a constant state of expectation, disappointment, and confusion. It also sounds like Street Fighter V may be around for another two or three seasons. Personally, I don't mind that (I also get off on watching the haters seethe with anger, so it should be a good time).
Its definitely better to know up front what to expect or not expect. And yeah, it looks like SFV isn't going to be replaced very soon. I imagine the DLC characters will get weirder the further out we get too. Stuff like clone characters and characters that we would never expect (like Lucia).

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sir H's source said January before blocking him, so we may have a staggered rollout here in Nov/Dec/Jan. Wouldnt be surprised if they drop all the S5 chars at once in 2020.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Get ready for Seth and Gill in November, and nothing but the new online tournament mode in December.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
"Is this part of a big refresh for Street Fighter 5?

Yoshinori Ono:
Not so much, it's just the addition of this new feature. Maybe when I say big update, you're imagining the old days of Super and Ultra. I think it's a big addition to the game, but as you've seen, the strategy for the title has been gradually adding more features, more characters and it's gradually gotten bigger over time."

Soooo, all the "super is coming" guys were just talking out their ass? And another dry spell? lol, this shit looking like MAYBE two characters and a light balance patch as they ride into the Olympics next year.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
idk I just really feel like we're only getting two more characters this year then nothing until EVO. I'd be very surprised if S5 starts at CC.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I agree that setting expectations super low is probably the safer route here. The good thing is that we know they will at least close out S4 so two new characters will drop relatively soon.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no retail SKU refresh this year, which may be due to the PS5 launch date being pushed back from original plans to late 2020.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
oof, Don't really know how to feel about this interview. These coming updates better knock it out the park if they're planning on another long dry spell. Don't care about the tournament update because I won't use it, I'm more worried about the balance patch if anything...

Also, if any more confirmation was needed for some people, sounds like they're riding out SF5 until it's really dead dead. Good to know they won't rush SF6 buuuuut, it's gonna be a hot a minute before they even touch it from the way he's talking.... I also don't like that it's sounding like he thinks the netcode is fine as is. I don't know how many times he has to get yelled at on twitter about the fact it being good in Japan, doesn't mean it's good everywhere else.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
E-sports really is one of the worst things to happen to fighting games. that article confirms what we already knew about them making a bunch of characters and holding onto them until opportune (for them) times of the year.

I personally don't get it. If they don't want to disrupt tournament play, why are they releasing new characters next week when Capcom Cup is only a few weeks away....wouldn't it make way more sense to save everything for the period in between Capcom Cup and the start of the CPT

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EVO is right after the Olympic/Intel thing. We had heard that they weren't thrilled with the Season Pass model during S3 and the move to bundles seems to be the reaction.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
If they saw less sales with the season pass model it probably had more to do with the character selection and the messy unpredictable release schedule. Like I always say, SFV is the worst games as a service product in the market right now.

Well, aside from Anthem.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they saw less sales with the season pass model it probably had more to do with the character selection and the messy unpredictable release schedule. Like I always say, SFV is the worst games as a service product in the market right now.

Well, aside from Anthem.
I think the fundamental problem is that unlike in Smash (which is super easy to play casually) in a game like SFV not every character is for everyone, and releasing them in batches reduces the amount of people having no fun with the new releases.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017

Well, aside from Anthem.

In terms of communication or amount of new characters/content?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't SFV one of the fighting games with more DLC characters released per year?

Status
Not open for further replies.