• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I would have to imagine it's a single drop at like EVO or something if there's something more coming before support ends.
I think holding back on revealing any characters not included on Champion Edition also makes that SKU more palatable to consumers. It was probably a tad off-putting how Arcade Edition started with a CG trailer featuring characters that people that had just bought the "new" game didn't actually have.
Lets be honest, the name change isn't going to stop them.
That is true, but there's no reason to give them more ammo. :P

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope that they show all 6 characters from season 5 at Evo or whatever and then release them month by month until December. The wait from Jan till August is going to be brutal (again).
I think the pass model is dead and buried for SFV and eventually SFVI.
I think holding back on revealing any characters not included on Champion Edition also makes that SKU more palatable to consumers. It was probably a tad off-putting how Arcade Edition started with a CG trailer featuring characters that people that had just bought the "new" game didn't actually have.
This was the exact situation that led to a lot of people inside Capcom falling out of love with the pass model from what I've heard, with the reigning POV being that AE should have just included all 6 characters from launch in order to get better sales.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
i think the silence this year was because they didn't really know what to say when they knew they were launching a new SKU with new important features relatively soon. Gill is a big part of the marketing campaign, considering he's on the cover. They couldn't really announce him early like they did with Season 3.

I think they were put in a weird position throughout 2019. Not that next year is going to be any better with the olympics stuff.

It was pretty much the way they did it now or release Honda, Lucia, Poison at a more normal schedule after Kage but then having nothing or just 1 of the 3 as the Evo announcement which I am not sure would have been much better.

One thing though if it turns out Seth really is the last character then they probably should have done things the other way around. Seth at NA finals and Gill+Champion edition+ 2nd V-Skill at Capcom Cup. Kinda makes me wonder if they have more at Capcom Cup because just Seth would be a really meh announcement. We know they are locking things down until after the Olympics but I guess that doesn't mean 1 or 2 S5 characters couldn't be announced and released soon as well before they are done until after the Olympics

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tournament mode and Seth are the two CapCup announcements we know are coming, but that doesn't seem big enough.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
General Story 2 featuring every Season 5 character would be nice. Even though I wouldn't download that shit.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Lets be honest, the name change isn't going to stop them.

I've already seen some people doing this, but yeah, like jett said, you might as well head some of it off at the pass, and it's not a great name if there's another season and SKU coming later.

Tournament mode and Seth are the two CapCup announcements we know are coming, but that doesn't seem big enough.

Given how this was two announcements I think the December one will be two things as well, a character + something else. Tournament mode doesn't seem like a great reveal. I could see it being another story mode depending on how much that actually costs them to do.

Last edited:

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
It was pretty much the way they did it now or release Honda, Lucia, Poison at a more normal schedule after Kage but then having nothing or just 1 of the 3 as the Evo announcement which I am not sure would have been much better.

One thing though if it turns out Seth really is the last character then they probably should have done things the other way around. Seth at NA finals and Gill+Champion edition+ 2nd V-Skill at Capcom Cup. Kinda makes me wonder if they have more at Capcom Cup because just Seth would be a really meh announcement. We know they are locking things down until after the Olympics but I guess that doesn't mean 1 or 2 S5 characters couldn't be announced and released soon as well before they are done until after the Olympics

That's what I'm hoping for.....I just don't see Seth as a big drop for the end of the year. But then again....last year we got Kage. Who was at least new.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Seth could be cool. I only say that because I thought that if we got Gill he'd be a character that didn't exhibit much effort in his design. Don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer Rose, Oro or Sodom but if it is Seth, I expect a cool incarnation of him.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Seth could be cool. I only say that because I thought that if we got Gill he'd be a character that didn't exhibit much effort in his design. Don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer Rose, Oro or Sodom but if it is Seth, I expect a cool incarnation of him.

I expect him to be completely or somewhat redesigned. But he'll still copy moves from other characters, but probably different ones this time around. The only move I think he'll keep for sure is Tanden engine because it is a original one created just for him.

But yeah, maybe this time he has tiger shot as a fireball and jet upper as a DP. I do hope they keep him as a character with almost everything but with low health and stun.

In the SFV environment he'll melt even faster without all the great defensive options he was given personally and the options that SF4 gave everyone universally. So no going ham like he could do back then.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
make it so that Seth's VTs are his opponents VT1/2 so that you can counterplay him by just selecting a character with a bad VT that Seth chose

Murdamonk

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, so apparently the PS4 theme that comes with Champion Edition actually calls it "Definitive Edition," so I guess they changed the name at some point and forgot the change the theme.

Sorry to ask, but is that theme available to download yet? Because i didn't get it after preordering the Upgrade Kit

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to ask, but is that theme available to download yet? Because i didn't get it after preordering the Upgrade Kit
Not my video, but the guy who made it says "In some cases the theme is region locked and will be available on Feb 14th, 2020."

I pre-ordered on Steam and still haven't gotten the wallpapers, too, so maybe those will also only be available then.

Murdamonk

Oct 27, 2017
Not my video, but the guy who made it says "In some cases the theme is region locked and will be available on Feb 14th, 2020."

I pre-ordered on Steam and still haven't gotten the wallpapers, too, so maybe those will also only be available then.
Ah ok, I got my theme on Steam.. It is a 1920x1080 wallpaper.

I even created a wallpaper engine with it (SFV CE wallpaper)...

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
make it so that Seth's VTs are his opponents VT1/2 so that you can counterplay him by just selecting a character with a bad VT that Seth chose
Other idea: have his VTrigger 1 and Vskill 1 be unique, but Vtrigger 2 and Vskill 2 are whatever the opponents currently equipped Vtrigger and Vskill are.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Eventhubs all the characters that made it into capcom cup

Capcom Cup 2019 Main Characters of Qualified Competitors
Rashid - 5 (RB|Gachikun, NASR|Big Bird, UYU|Oil King, Liquid|John Takeuchi, UYU|JB)

Karin - 4 (REC|Punk, RB|Bonchan, NVD|Phenom, Mago)

M. Bison - 3 (Mouz|Problem X, TALON|HotDog29, CO|Dogura)

G - 3 (NuckleDu, SB|801 Strider, RISE|Smug)

Akuma - 2 (Rohto|Tokido, UYU|NL)

Zeku - 2 (CYG|Infexious, NASR|Angry Bird)

Menat - 2 (FAV|Sako, Zenith)

Ibuki - 2 (FD|Fujimura, RZR|Xian)

R. Mika - 1 (RB|Luffy)

Birdie - 1 (CYG|Fuudo)

Urien - 1 (Liquid|Nemo)

Necalli - 1 (YOG|Machabo)

Kolin - 1 (Momochi)

Guile - 1 (CYG|Daigo)

Laura - 1 (iDom)

Zangief - 1 (AZ|Kichipa-mu)

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Three Bisons and five Rashids... oh goody.

I already expect yet another terrible CPT champ outfit for a character I either don't like, don't play, or both.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After his s5 buffs there will be at least one Alex in Capcom cup next year.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta wait for Kira to tweet the next v-skill.

Strange times we live in.

giphy.gif

Anyways, Juri having a neutral buffer button that doesn't need fireball charges is already a pretty good buff to her. Plus she gets a combo extender for of it. Not the biggest thing but it'll help.

Last edited:

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Kind of weird how eventhubs doesnt point the secondary. If itazan win the lcq Mago will not play karin against abigail. Also Phenom plays sako first round he is picking necalli for sure. Man I kind of want to do the capcom cup thread now since the brackets are final but its seems to early lol.

Deleted member 24624

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Did Ono or anyone confirm more characters after Season 4 and after the Olympics are done? Still holding out hope for characters like Viper, Abel, and Dan. Especially Dan since he's referenced in the game so much and is the only emote that's not a playable character on Capcom's Twitch.

Goney

Oct 25, 2017
Did Ono or anyone confirm more characters after Season 4 and after the Olympics are done? Still holding out hope for characters like Viper, Abel, and Dan. Especially Dan since he's referenced in the game so much and is the only emote that's not a playable character on Capcom's Twitch.
It wasn't said one way or another, but I highly doubt we'll be getting any more characters after 40.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I wonder what Kolin's 2nd V-Skill is. It might be cool (heh) if it does something with the "frozen" status effect, which doesn't see a lot of action since no one uses her VT1 and her VT2 is too good to waste meter on doing a Reverse Javelin unless it kills (which renders the frozen status moot anyway).

I don't really know what I would want Falke's new V-Skill to be. Maybe a projectile that you don't have to charge?

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question if I own SFV right now on PS4 and "pre-order" the Champion Edition thing for 25 bucks that will unlock all costumes and stages that were previously released immediately correct? And then later get Gill, Gill's stage, costumes, 2nd V-Skills, etc when some of that stuff opens up over the next few weeks/months?

Basically I don't want to pay 25 bucks tonight to not be able to fuck around with costumes/stages until Feb...

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question if I own SFV right now on PS4 and "pre-order" the Champion Edition thing for 25 bucks that will unlock all costumes and stages that were previously released immediately correct? And then later get Gill, Gill's stage, costumes, 2nd V-Skills, etc when some of that stuff opens up over the next few weeks/months?

Basically I don't want to pay 25 bucks tonight to not be able to fuck around with costumes/stages until Feb...
Gill and VS2 are unlocking right after Capcom Cup. That weird deadzone from Vanilla->AE isn't happening this time.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

Correct. Everything that's out already, which is the vast majority of the content included in CE, is yours as soon as you upgrade. Everything else will be yours as soon as it releases.

Oct 25, 2017
So if I buy the upgrade and get the stages and costumes now and then Gill, the second V skills and balance changes next month, what do I get in Feb except character #40

Oct 25, 2017
Some new trophies! I still have hopes for a second story mode but who knows if they've got the budget. I'd have thought all this DLC money would've helped.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
GOD

I jumped in to play around with Lucia a bit...I had forgotten how SHIT everything except the fighting engine in this game is. Even getting friends into a battle lobby takes AGES.

Capcom how did you fuck this up so bad?

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Some new trophies! I still have hopes for a second story mode but who knows if they've got the budget. I'd have thought all this DLC money would've helped.

A new story mode is not beyond possibility, but it's very improbable that a four year old fighting game would add one. Not even NRS, the devs at the forefront of the cinematic storymode trend, have put a SECOND story mode into their games.

Also, the first one wasn't well received. Not sure why Capcom would put resources into it, as the first one didn't bring in an influx of new players or buyers.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Did they actually say they were holding onto the 40th character until the physical release of CE? I just figured Gill and that character were coming together next month. At least I hope so. No need to keep him/her locked away for another 2 months.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did they actually say they were holding onto the 40th character until the physical release of CE? I just figured Gill and that character were coming together next month. At least I hope so. No need to keep him/her locked away for another 2 months.
I don't think they did

Anyway, just bought the upgrade kit. Gotta support.

I'm a filthy Ed main and he has some sweet ass costumes. Nero and Dimitri alone are better than everyone else's

Status
Not open for further replies.