• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Could end up being a v-skill you use in some matchups and its really good while in many other cases its a pretty useless gimmick

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
Is anybody even going to be using that v-skill after the first week? It being one time use kind of killed the potential. Her other one seems like the actual go to
It looks like you might not actually have to copy the move so If the suction attack is good the v-skill might get some use.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have been having nothing but TERRIBLE matches since CE dropped. I stopped playing because the netcode was just infuriating me. 90% of my matches looked like this:

Last night, I set it to PC only and I played for 3 hours and had 90% great matches. Almost no rollback at all that I could see. I had the most fun I've in w/ SF5 in years.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Has anybody done port forwarding on a Google fiber router?

Apparently these are the ports for PS4/SFV

TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480
UDP: 3478-3479

The router won't let me save a separate TCP range of 3478-3480 while I have a UDP range of 3478-3479 saved. Right now it looks like this.

Custom - Port range 3478-3480 - TCP and UDP
HTTP - Single port 80-80 - TCP
HTTPS - Single port 443-443 - TCP
Custom- Single port 1935-1935 - TCP

Just wondering if anybody had experience in this, hehe.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I have been having nothing but TERRIBLE matches since CE dropped. I stopped playing because the netcode was just infuriating me. 90% of my matches looked like this:

Last night, I set it to PC only and I played for 3 hours and had 90% great matches. Almost no rollback at all that I could see. I had the most fun I've in w/ SF5 in years.

Just blacklist repeating offenders.

On PC vs PC, it's the most optimal. But you'll run into people who plays in Wi-Fi or lower their fps cap.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if actually, Seth's VS1 value might be the siphon before the install. If it's fast and it can break and interrupt anything moving forward, it might a very safe and valuable tool.
But once you've used it once it is replaced by a move that, depending on the opponent, can be anything from great to terrible.

Nov 21, 2017

Potential fix for the 1-sided rollback. Worth testing. Seems like it's a fix for the de-synchronisation that can happen, where SFV basically doesn't re-synchronise like other games with rollback do.

Might be worth seeing what happens when EU to NA plays too, but I'd imagine it just means that both sides see the same amount of rollback, like how you'd play a 200ms+ match on Fightcade and both sides get rollbacks.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Potential fix for the 1-sided rollback. Worth testing. Seems like it's a fix for the de-synchronisation that can happen, where SFV basically doesn't re-synchronise like other games with rollback do.

Might be worth seeing what happens when EU to NA plays too, but I'd imagine it just means that both sides see the same amount of rollback, like how you'd play a 200ms+ match on Fightcade and both sides get rollbacks.
A shame that we're so close to the end of SFV's life, otherwise I could see this lighting a fire under Capcom's asses to fix SFV's netcode. But now they're probably just gonna build off MvCI's netcode for SFVI & beyond.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

If that shit actually works. Whoo. If someone with NO source code access could reverse engineer this shit and fix the problem within a couple of days, then there is no excuse under the sun for what Capcom allowed to happen for 5 seasons.

Jury's still out if this works though.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If that shit actually works. Whoo. If someone with NO source code access could reverse engineer this shit and fix the problem within a couple of days, then there is no excuse under the sun for what Capcom allowed to happen for 5 seasons.

Jury's still out if this works though.
Actually, now I'm curious about how this fix compares to whatever fix Capcom did for MvCI.

Oct 25, 2017
According to that guy, this fix should've taken literally 30 minutes to implement (and likely a week to get through QA) had the source code been openly available.

Uuuuuuuhhhhhh Capcom what the fuck? I was thinking maybe the fixes made in MvCI weren't backwards compatible, hence SFV never getting updated, but I legitimately can't think of a single justifiable reason we haven't gotten a fix if it's actually this simple.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If this actually works, Capcom will have to finally do something about this right? PS4 players can't get this fix and if it becomes widespread enough, they'll get one sided rollback every time they fight a PC player with this mod (usually PS4 players are giving it to PC but Capcom might actually pay attention if PS4 players are getting it more often)

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If this actually works, Capcom will have to finally do something about this right? PS4 players can't get this fix and if it becomes widespread enough, they'll get one sided rollback every time they fight a PC player with this mod (usually PS4 players are giving it to PC but Capcom might actually pay attention if PS4 players are getting it more often)
They're probably just gonna wait it out for SFVI if it's indeed a year away.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017

Shit, I'm at work now. Either get home by 2am and get to go to work, or try this fix.

Deleted member 61909

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2019

this is embarrassing.

Neilunik

Jan 23, 2018
I'm sorry but this is not as good as it seems. No sane producers or even lead online programmer would let a fix like that get in the version. If you look at the Reddit thread, you'll read that the fix fucks up the PS4 players experience:

"This likely happens because the modded PC version doesn't immediately get the updated ping time and slows down, believing the delay is from the PS4 falling behind.

There's no good way to fix this. Speeding up to try to resync for the other player would break compatibility between two modded clients because both would try to correct at the same time."

So this fix breaks crossplay one of the main feature of SFV online while making the experience bad for the PS4 players. When your main platform is affected by a fix like this, it can't get in. So you basically have two of your major online features that are now broken with this fix. You can't say you have a fix if it it's only working on PC but anyway let's say it was a 30 min fix. That's why you don't celebrate too quickly during game dev when you think you fixed a bug, you celebrate after extensive and careful testing.

I would be capcom I would be worried by this mod as it will spread even more issues with netcode for console players. But one can hope that they look more into the netcode issue with this getting some light. In my opinion, if we haven't seen a fix in 4 years, it means that the issue is more complex than expected and I'm pretty sure it involves changing the structure of what they've done until now. If they didn't fix it there are only two options : too expensive / too risky. Some rumors said that the team in charge of the netcode and other online features left the project leaving junior people with no knowledge on the matter. I tend to believe this and it will explain why they are not taking their chances on fixing it.

It annoys me that Keits is going this way knowing he works as a dev and understands the constraints we have. This is kinda misleading and saying : it took two days to fix it is : partial info and not true.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2018
日本
Well, duh, it fucks up the PS4 experience since the PS4 version had nothing done to it. The point is that this took a couple of days while Capcom has had years of knowing there was a problem with online and chose not to budget any time toward fixing it.

Yeah, it'd take more than 30 minutes to get everything working and to test everything to spec. But, not 4+ years.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
If Capcom don't want to patch the PS4 version then everyone just turns off crossplay and the good version of the game can live on PC from now on.

Neilunik

Jan 23, 2018
Yeah so I stand by what I said : it doesn't take 2 days and it doesn't fix the issue.

I'm eager to know why capcom has not fixed the issue but let's not spread some bullshit on the specifics then. I see a lot of people saying : capcom doesn't allow budget and time to do this but guys when your major bug takes 2 days to fix for one online programmer, you find the two days in the planning. I guarantee that, I've done it myself.

Hope one day Ono will speak up about the specifics (even though it would never happen) so we know why they are struggling so much with it.

Last edited:

nded

Nov 14, 2017
In the reddit thread the modder actually redacted the bit where he said there's no good way to fix PS4 crossplay and now says they're working on it.
Altimor said:
Thanks for the info. I'm working on a fix that'll allow it to correct for both players when playing with an unmodded client.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but this is not as good as it seems. No sane producers or even lead online programmer would let a fix like that get in the version. If you look at the Reddit thread, you'll read that the fix fucks up the PS4 players experience
You say that as if the game doesn't already function that way for the PC player.

Edit: Also if it's two good connections there won't be an issue at all anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.