• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
If Capcpom fixes the netcode then that also means they COULD have fixed the netcode but chose not to and were forced into it.

There is no win situation here for Capcpom lol.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
is the mvci netcode good?

Its very good. And it has fast loading times, and when people were playing it near launch, the matchmaking was very quick too. You could get 3 matches of MVC:I in the time it would take you to get one in SFV sometimes. Basically capcom not only improved everything netcode wise over SFV but they minimized the downtime between matches.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the online has gone completely to shit, and I don't know if it's because of this mod going around or what. I disabled cross-play as a PS4 player, and I'm feeling it against people I shouldn't be.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the online has gone completely to shit, and I don't know if it's because of this mod going around or what. I disabled cross-play as a PS4 player, and I'm feeling it against people I shouldn't be.

Same here. Was playing someone ps4 to ps4 and it did the looong hitch like in this tweet. I've never gotten hitches like this until today.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Maybe that's just how the netcode really is or some other factor related to PS4s. Can't be mod related if you're not connecting to PC clients.

Oct 25, 2017
Same here. Was playing someone ps4 to ps4 and it did the looong hitch like in this tweet. I've never gotten hitches like this until today.

Are you really trying to blame a PC patch for ps4 to ps4 hitches? Man it's a p2p game. What people who aren't playing against you do doesn't affect your experience in anyway. I think maybe people are just realising just how shit the vanilla code can be now that an alternative exists that shows it works so much better with minor changes

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Did I say I blamed the mod? I said today my experience has been worse than usual. That's all. I don't know what the fuck is going on.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
After tonight's session, only one game was laggy. I gotten matches really quick set to PC only with 2-5 bars.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
I blame the decline in online network quality to people jumping back into the game recently because of CE. I'm seeing in ranked quite a few people with Feb '16 CFN accounts and only a few hundred to low thousand lifetime matches recorded. I expect most of them to playing over wifi.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
Going on twitter and I see the twitter mob going after people I feel know what's up. Like the Capcom U.S and U.K teams understand and wants to do something, but Capcom Japan is the boss and makes the decisions. Gonna end up with Ono saying he'll ask the team about the netcode and them coming back and saying it's fine here. Unless somebody communicates clearly on what the problem is directly to the person who handles this shit, nothing gonna change.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Seth has been added to the character page on Shadaloo CRI. No new information, but it does show what I assume will also be their in-game character select portrait.

(Image is clickable.)

Higher resolution render:

sth.png

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It does reveal that Seth will have health and stun on the lower end, at 925/925. Also, the move list, naturally.

I really love their look.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Note how the short character breakdown continues to avoid pronouns, just like the blog post back when they were revealed:

Seth can utilize other fighters' special moves along with unique V-Skills to unleash a wide variety of attacks. Tanden Engine, Seth's V-Skill I, allows for the use of the opponent's abilities, while Tanden Booster, Seth's V-Skill II, strengthens Seth's own attacks even further. Seth can adopt a wide range of playstyles depending on the V-Skill in play!

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Oh, I clearly remember it using he pronouns. My bad.
I do remember people reporting shortly after the reveal that Capcom referred to Seth as he/him despite stating they were never male or female to begin with. Maybe they changed it later.

I'm curious to see how it's handled in-game, if it's even alluded to. I personally use they/them, but I will admit I'm somewhat impressed by Capcom's determination to not use pronouns at all, as opposed to saying they're non-binary and then defaulting to he/him. Especially given their track record with Poison.

Commentary will also be interesting. I think it will be either he/him (the voice) or she/her (the body), although someone like Sajam has consistently used they/them for SonicFox after they stated those were their preferred pronouns. So who knows.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With Seth it seems like a case where he/she/they are all fine, just don't use anything dehumanizing.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

Capcom has responded, simply saying: "We are aware of this and are looking into it."

Don't worry guys, Capcom's looking into it!

To be fair, this is a fine response from them on this as long as they are actually looking into it. I have no reason to believe they aren't doing that whatever the end result.

I don't know what people expect them to say as a formal statement? "Sorry our netcode sucks, this is much better, we're gonna implement asap and push it right out"?

This just happened and if it is a legit fix they can implement, they're gonna need to properly test it, even if they have done a crappy job with the netocde so far. Rushing out something that could break online play and crossplay even more would be bad. A company can't push out a patch with that big of an effect on the game on the same time frame as a modder can.

If nothing changes in a longer time frame, then that's different.

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Seth has a move called 'Mad Cradle' and it might be a DP?

They're doing it.

THEY'RE MAKING DARKSTALKERS 4

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
The meta of this game is absurd. Every match plays out the same with people just mashing easy mode safe buttons to try and crush counter you, and the easily abuseable online dash up throw. And yet I keep playing for some reason...>_<

rude

Oct 25, 2017
The meta of this game is absurd. Every match plays out the same with people just mashing easy mode safe buttons to try and crush counter you, and the easily abuseable online dash up throw. And yet I keep playing for some reason...>_<
Stop pressing buttons and throw out a light to check the dash if you think one is coming

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting to check/punish a dash is one of my biggest pet peeves of the game. That moment you're waiting usually gives them a jump in that they didn't "earn". I know movement is a good counter to both jump/dash, but every now and then you turtle up in that sweet spot where both options are scary to deal with.

It's why I hope they nerf dashes in SF6 or make it so that, when you check one, you get some sort of juggle combo. "Waiting to think" in that jump/dash spot will get you'll blown the fuck up.

Shout outs to Ed/Bison/Urien players thinking they're good because of dash pressure!

rude

Oct 25, 2017
If the connection is crystal clear, I can tech on reaction. Since that isn't the case 95% of the time, you kind of have to make a read and be looking for it. I'd like dashes to be nerfed a bit too.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017

Every fighting game you poke with safe buttons, lol. Thats what you do since the 90s.

I was watching a Korean stream the other day of T7. It always tense when people are just trading blocking of safe mid pokes back and forth at end of rounds waiting for someone to flinch, haha.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ya not a fan of that. I did want a bigger outcry for good netcode especially in the light of this whole mod but things are getting out of hand. Internet is nasty.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I really feel like Ono has consistently been between a rock and a hard place. I feel like he isn't getting the resources he needs from Capcom while simultaneously being frequently hounded by the FGC. Being the liaison almost always fucking sucks.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Max actually pointed out something interesting in his video, that no other division of Capcom is so weirdly secretive and divorced from the community as the one that should be the closest and most open of them. You cant even blame it on Capcom itself, Monster Hunter devs for example have much better support and open dialogue with fans, same for DMC, same for Resident Evil, even Mega Man back from the dead, its literally just the fighting game division with such brilliant ideas as leaving us hanging for 8 months with no info. Things gotta change.

MachGao

Oct 28, 2017
Ya not a fan of that. I did want a bigger outcry for good netcode especially in the light of this whole mod but things are getting out of hand. Internet is nasty.

Well it's twitter, and a lot of people there are less concerned with getting the message across with a stern but constructive message and more about how hard they can dunk on someone for likes and retweets. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of this shit gets to him on some level.

Status
Not open for further replies.