• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Ironically I find these characters much harder to use than just traditional motion characters.
Same here. Falke in particular because she relies so much on keeping shots charged and thus one button pressed at all times. Which button that is depends on the situation as well, making her even more challenging.

I don't know if there are particularly easy characters to play in SFV. A couple of difficult ones to be sure, but easy...

Maybe Laura? Her moves are fairly straightforward, she hits hard and one of her more difficult aspects, using her fireball effectively, isn't necessary to win with her on lower levels.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I have a gtx 970m, i7-6700hq cpu and the gsme runs fine on it
I edited a file to disable morion blur too.

SFV is not a demanding game. I have a 1660 Super which is nearly identical to the GTX 1070 in terms of performance and I can run it at 1440p with everything maxed with no dips at all.

I've never bothered to test 4k on my current card but I did briefly test 4k max when I bought a RX 5700 that I ended up returning. It ran it without problems as well so I'm guessing a 2060 should be able to do the same on the Nvidia side.

Oct 27, 2017
Guile probably. He only has a few special moves.
Same here. Falke in particular because she relies so much on keeping shots charged and thus one button pressed at all times. Which button that is depends on the situation as well, making her even more challenging.

I don't know if there are particularly easy characters to play in SFV. A couple of difficult ones to be sure, but easy...

Maybe Laura? Her moves are fairly straightforward, she hits hard and one of her more difficult aspects, using her fireball effectively, isn't necessary to win with her on lower levels.
Let's be honest here, you're just gonna use Blanka in SF5.

Blanka mains are consistent like that.
Thanks! I used to love Guile back when SF2 originally came out, and then Blanka and E. Honda after that. I've never been good, so at least there's no pressure to actually be effective with them.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
SFV is not a demanding game. I have a 1660 Super which is nearly identical to the GTX 1070 in terms of performance and I can run it at 1440p with everything maxed with no dips at all.

I've never bothered to test 4k on my current card but I did briefly test 4k max when I bought a RX 5700 that I ended up returning. It ran it without problems as well so I'm guessing a 2060 should be able to do the same on the Nvidia side.
I got SFV to run on q9450 and AMD 5770 1gb, 60 fps every thing low lol, i could put some settings on medium but CA animation drop FPS below 40.

SlimX

Nov 11, 2017
Let's be honest here, you're just gonna use Blanka in SF5.

Blanka mains are consistent like that.
Y8QA7Ay.gif

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

Laura is not a straight forward character at all. I know the memes are that she's dumb, but her offense requires lots of spacing and contextual awareness and her defense is weak.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone aside from me get a Frieza vibe from Seth? The win pose where she levitates kind of reminded me of him.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Vega is literally top 5 online. It's time you start playing more braindead because these excuses ain't it in 2020.

I'm not saying he's unplayable, I got him to Diamond so he's something and I'm pretty sure there's at least one Warlord who's a Vega main. But he's lacking in a bunch of tools that other characters have. Like, I enjoy having wakeup and corner options, but being the flying spanish ninja is too addicting. And until very recently he didn't have many tools against projectiles (matchups against Guile are still not exactly amazing but they are more doable now. Not even SHC, more some minor buffs to normals that let him get in easier)

What do you mean top 5 online though? Is there a way to see rankings per character/online rank or are you just going off the Vegas you see?

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying he's unplayable, I got him to Diamond so he's something and I'm pretty sure there's at least one Warlord who's a Vega main. But he's lacking in a bunch of tools that other characters have. Like, I enjoy having wakeup and corner options, but being the flying spanish ninja is too addicting. And until very recently he didn't have many tools against projectiles (matchups against Guile are still not exactly amazing but they are more doable now. Not even SHC, more some minor buffs to normals that let him get in easier)

What do you mean top 5 online though? Is there a way to see rankings per character/online rank or are you just going off the Vegas you see?
Here it is. I guess it lacks context because it's an accumulation of every player in every rank (across ranked and casual I think).

Oct 25, 2017

I actually still kinda consider myself a Vega main and as much as I hate the character and think he sucks, he's easily my highest win percentage character. I think I'm sitting at around 68-70% win rate with him at like 1300 matches with him I believe. I haven't used him in like a year though, but I think I'm about to start again. I switched to Rashid and Blanka and never looked back, but Rashid is probably my worst even though I feel like I'm best with him.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019

Thanks! Yeah it seems like it's about players in every rank. Really interesting still.

I really think Vega is a really bad character right now, but honestly he's had worse seasons. At least his Super doesn't randomly whiff if you and your opponent are too close to the edge of the screen anymore lol and he has a somewhat usable V-skill now. Still think he's really lacking in comparison to other characters though, he doesn't even have a good anti-airs.

I actually still kinda consider myself a Vega main and as much as I hate the character and think he sucks, he's easily my highest win percentage character. I think I'm sitting at around 68-70% win rate with him at like 1300 matches with him I believe. I haven't used him in like a year though, but I think I'm about to start again. I switched to Rashid and Blanka and never looked back, but Rashid is probably my worst even though I feel like I'm best with him.

If you lived through Vega's dark days a year ago you'd have a blast with him right now I think. Since he got Sky High Claw he became a lot more usable because it's a good threat against projectiles even if you don't use it much, and the EX SHC has good knockback that makes it not as dangerous to use. Vega's main issue right now is that while he has some really nice combos, nearly all of them depend on his V-Trigger I which is a one time use. Meanwhile a lot of other characters can build a lot more damage a lot safer.

He's also still having trouble Oki wise, but he's got a tick throw now which is rad.

I think I win easier with Vega but I think part of that is when I go online people go "The fuck do Vegas even do" and I catch them off guard. I have a better record with Gill and Kage though.

Honestly it's the lack of a reliable anti-air that makes Vega hard to use for me, more so than the lack of wakeups or corner options(what the fuck is his v-reversal even supposed to do)

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Judging by the character popularity stats, I guess there are so few Vegas online that people are not used to the matchup/gimmicks ?

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I have issues with the less played characters the when I run into them. Claw and Fang put me on tilt. I hardly see Sim, but it's less tilty, probably because all S1 matches I played again at him.

I play Alex, I dont know if people are thinking the same about me. Maybe they are like what the fuck does Alex even do.

Jun 23, 2019
So is it hard going from say Birdie/Balrog to Sakura or G? I just bought this on Friday and I see my original mains got stuffed.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
going to sakura is not hard at all. she is a fairly simple character to pick up and play. g is a bit of a different beast but it seems as if a lot of balrog players have chosen him as a secondary or even new main so maybe you will be fine :p i really dunno what boxer players see in g that makes them like him so much tho

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
going to sakura is not hard at all. she is a fairly simple character to pick up and play. g is a bit of a different beast but it seems as if a lot of balrog players have chosen him as a secondary or even new main so maybe you will be fine :p i really dunno what boxer players see in g that makes them like him so much tho
SMUG alternates between boxer and g iirc.

Jun 23, 2019

Gotcha. I'm just seeing so many new characters since I last played and I want to a character that strong, but not overly complex.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm noticing slowdown on the training stage.
It's either my ps4 is dying or the update messed something.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Character unfamiliarity is the secret weapon of the low-tiers.

This. The unpopular characters you see so little that the odd time you do run into them them you've half forgotten their gimmicks, and the only 3 people still playing them at that point are character loyalists who've gotten really good with them.

Last edited:

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
i had to setup the app profile to performance and now it runs great

Time to hop online and get my ass kicked

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The blue/red icon and title screen look very nice. I'm disappointed they didn't update the UI to reflect it.

The gold just seems out of place now.
It's kinda already there with the character portraits, albeit reversed. But given that most of the staff likely moved on to SFVI, the lack of an update for the UI doesn't surprise me. If anything, I'm surprised that they're bothering to update the netcode this late in SFV's life.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
More like random slides, dash up command grabs and EX Barcelonas on Wi-Fi are tough to deal with.

It's not even those, I find that what really trips people up over wifi(so I've stopped doing it if the connection is bad) is doing a Barcelona then deciding whether to crossup or not at the very last second. It's still a legit Vega strat depending on the matchup, but sometimes it just works because of the connection and that's no fun for anyone.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
It's kinda already there with the character portraits, albeit reversed. But given that most of the staff likely moved on to SFVI, the lack of an update for the UI doesn't surprise me. If anything, I'm surprised that they're bothering to update the netcode this late in SFV's life.
Why? Builds good will with the early adopter crew who care about netcode. So when SFVI comes they'll have better support.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Why? Builds good will with the early adopter crew who care about netcode. So when SFVI comes they'll have better support.
From a consumer goodwill standpoint, yeah, it makes sense. Plus it'll help the online tournaments be more reliable. But unless they're testing out SFVI's netcode, I'm surprised they're bothering (pleasantly surprised, to be exact) that this is happening at all. Likewise, it's not like SFVI didn't already have another Capcom fighting game with good netcode to build off of (MvCI).

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
From a consumer goodwill standpoint, yeah, it makes sense. Plus it'll help the online tournaments be more reliable. But unless they're testing out SFVI's netcode, I'm surprised they're bothering (pleasantly surprised, to be exact) that this is happening at all. Likewise, it's not like SFVI didn't already have another Capcom fighting game with good netcode to build off of (MvCI).
I think it's just for us people to speak gospel about SFVI when it comes out, that's all. They know how the initial launch ruined SFV from a sales standpoint.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they fix the netcode this tuesday. After being in the Garou heaven for 2 weeks, going back to subpar connexions is a nightmare, especially where I live.

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom removed almost all of the DLC bundles from the stores:

store.steampowered.com

Save 50% on Street Fighter V on Steam

Experience the intensity of head-to-head battles with Street Fighter® V! Choose from 16 iconic characters, then battle against friends online or offline with a robust variety of match options.

The only things left are the OSTs and character season passes. Speaking of, a Season 4 pass is now available in place of the Summer 2019 bundle. I think it's a fantastic move, as leaving the DLC bundles up was redundant and just made the game look way more expensive than it is.

The only thing I wonder is if they'll ever make the Fighting Chance stuff available for purchase, or if they're just leaving it as is since it's really the only thing left to spend FM on if you get CE.
This kinda sucks because the only purchasable content still missing from CE is the CPT content, which has also been delisted. All I'm missing are the CPT 2018 and 2019 bundles. I was waiting for really good sales but I'm afraid we may not see them be rereleased.

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
This kinda sucks because the only purchasable content still missing from CE is the CPT content, which has also been delisted. All I'm missing are the CPT 2018 and 2019 bundles. I was waiting for really good sales but I'm afraid we may not see them be rereleased.
Aren't the CPT bundles only on sale at the later half of the CPT usually?