• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This kinda sucks because the only purchasable content still missing from CE is the CPT content, which has also been delisted. All I'm missing are the CPT 2018 and 2019 bundles. I was waiting for really good sales but I'm afraid we may not see them be rereleased.
We still need iDom's Laura costume, so we're due for at least one more CPT pack. I'd imagine that the previous CPT bundles will be made available for purchase again around the same time that the 2020 pack goes up.

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't the CPT bundles only on sale at the later half of the CPT usually?
The older bundles since like 2018 have been on sale all year, contributing to the next CPT pack. This change happened around the same time Capcom started bundling everything because they realized they still profit tremendously even if each costume isn't sold for $4 a pop.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
People using the nostalgia costume with Seth
whats-wrong-with-you.gif
Seems some people just couldn't handle seeing lady Seth but still hearing dude Seth.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
it would be a lot more stress free if he had 950 health :D but i am really liking him so far. playing a kinda patient seth for now.

does his light axe kick only become comboable after ch? would be sick if not but i can't get it without ch so far. on ch lk axe kick you can get like 350 dmg lol.

also pls remind me to never ever use st mk in neutral. its trash despite how good it looks. get hit by crouching buttons all the time. it can be good for far jumps or neutral jumps tho

€: you can combo on regular hit, but they have to get hit crouching it seems and you have to hit it from a very specific distance. if you are too close you will go over them and if you are to far away the cr lp will not reach

€: WAIT you can still use st lk to combo even without ch, damn. with vt1 active this is LOADSA dmg. crazy.

Last edited:

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
man if only his axe kicks had to be blocked high. uber op :P. seriously having the time of my sf v life right now with this char. so good

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Imo Seth design always sucked ass visually (wow a naked bald dude) but his proportion are also goofy af in SFV since he has to be the same build as the real true good Seth design.
Agreed. Can't really picture anyone actually preferring his crappy old look unironically, but bothering with using it just to have him look like a dude again is lost on me as well.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't booted up SFV in a while, and I just did for the update - is this something any of you have seen? All of the voices for the announcer, story mode and pre-fight comments is missing in both English and Japanese. I'm on PS4.

Nevermind. Restarting my receiver fixed it somehow.

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Seth actually has two different supers, though I'm not sure what triggers the change.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
G being confirmed the last boss means he's most likely to come back, which is great

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hate this super so much. It's so confusing. Camera spinning wildly, 3 different "scenes" happening, a random clone...it's like watching an american filmed fight scene. Guess the person who did the Zangief super has been dethroned.
Seths CA animation outside of VT1 is actually better imo. looks cooler with the zoom on his face and then the splash screen when it KOs looks funnier, almost karin ca like

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
G being confirmed the last boss means he's most likely to come back, which is great
Do you reckon we'll get a Cinematic Story 2 with G as the primary antagonist as a last hurrah before the game finishes its life, or was his inclusion in SFV purely setup for whatever role he'll play in VI? Feels so weird how everything around the game makes such a huge deal out of him (they even sold a tarot card deck with him as The Fool iirc) yet the only story content he's received so far just portrays him as a kook.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they were making cinematic story 2 but scrapped it last minute.
SF5 story feels like a giant setup for SF6.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
phew, today cfn has stolen me some of my nerves with these shitty ass connections. the patch better deliver tomorrow

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Idk how new people break through in this game. Starting a new account facing rookies and bronze was rough. I'm an ultra bronze bum yet these people had zero chance to get half my health bar.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Is the physical copy just a voucher in the box? For all territories is the same?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
So this is not the complete edition yet? (like Ultra SF IV)

I don't think you'll ever get a feature compete version with everything on disc, but I'd say this is the most complete version you're gonna get, even if it's the DLC voucher.

USFIV never got a complete version either, as that had a £15 costume bundle released after the physical version launched.

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
This physical version is useless then.
Dammit Capcom. I just want to have a complete disc that is not tied to my PSN account.

Oct 25, 2017
Handwringing over whether it's all on the disc or not seems kind of pointless when any possible future update will be a full 25GB download. Like when tournament mode is released perhaps.