• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aumann

Nov 11, 2017
Question: I have about 200/300k worth of fight money, if I buy the Champion Edition which includes everything, will the fight money be of any use?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Fighting chance has stuff you don't get with the CE upgrade.

And there's always the chance of new content in the future. Fat chance I know, but it's possible.
The only other content we're probably gonna get going forward is a last set of CPT costumes, which wouldn't use Fight Money.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been getting terrible input delay and lag stutter when Im on pc playing vs a ps4. Just played 2 games back to back vs ps4 and it happened both times. While my previous game pc vs pc was perfect.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Been having a lot of fun with the game lately :) I still suck but I'm getting the hang of canceling now. Just need to get so I can consistently punish with combos online.

Last time I played they hadn't added the new V-Skills yet!

Last edited:

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Who is a good character to fight G with? I think I'm gonna fully take my Gief to EVO but man that matchup is p a i n f u l if the G is good and can get some distance to level up.
I've been watching Smug take on Gief's with his G, and it looks like the matchup got even worse with G's VS2 because Gief can't punish it, and when Gief gets in G now doesn't lose levels. If it isn't the worst matchup in the game, I'd be surprised.

About what character to counterpick with, I'm not sure. G's biggest downfall is a lack of wakeup options, so someone that can maul and has the mobility to get around level 3 fireballs would be where I'd look.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017

Seems possible we'll be seeing another netcode patch sometime soon. It wouldn't surprise me if Capcom plans on leaning more on online tournaments in the wake of the Coronavirus.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
ultradavid put on some videos on why Honda wins the MU.

bless
I've been watching Smug take on Gief's with his G, and it looks like the matchup got even worse with G's VS2 because Gief can't punish it, and when Gief gets in G now doesn't lose levels. If it isn't the worst matchup in the game, I'd be surprised.

About what character to counterpick with, I'm not sure. G's biggest downfall is a lack of wakeup options, so someone that can maul and has the mobility to get around level 3 fireballs would be where I'd look.
A G player that knows what they're doing is hell for Gief. I've seen those Smug matches too, and so many of them feature a Gief that you can clearly see is being mentally worn down from frustration.

I'm contemplating just using G myself since I used him for a while until I took a break from the game for several months.

Oct 25, 2017
is zeku thought to be pretty good this season? I just fought a guy who was like .025% Hawaiian shirt man and he had me sweating

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Was never a fan of it in this myself. I used to be able to say that Soul Calibur VI was better in that regard, but the way it awards and subtracts points is just as dumb now (on top of SCVI's scatterbrained matchmaking that ultimately defeats the purpose of assigning different ranks by character).
is zeku thought to be pretty good this season? I just fought a guy who was like .025% Hawaiian shirt man and he had me sweating
AFAIK, yes.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
More and more people wanting to play SFV at my locals. The game has really gotten a resurgence,,,or people just don't wish to play online at all anymore lol.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, Zeku is very good.

Rashid is the G hard counter.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's even worse in Ultra Diamond. 12 game winstreak against diamond players is over 400LP.

Loosing once is 100lp and 2-1 is -30lp.

Imagine if Daigo lost 1 game from a kid at EVO. He goes 2-1 andis sent to losers or sent home.

Losing being the same amount no matter what rank is probably the best. Just make it -50 or something if you lose, and give bonuses if you beat a higher rank. Idk, but idc anymore I just play for fun, but many try so damn hard in ranked.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
I did have an issue with the LP loss to Diamonds when I was in Master-Grandmaster. It stopped being annoying the closer I got to Ultimate Grandmaster, though. I'll see some people choose not to run Diamonds back at all because they feel the the risk ain't worth the gain. I understand that. Personally, I always run Diamonds back since I'm mostly focused on playing others above all else.

Even though I still like to play Ranked to keep my edge, it feels much different now that there's nothing left to reach. I feel like I actually beat Street Fighter V once I hit Warlord. I doubt Capcom will add the unused "Hero" rank that was datamined prior to release, but TrashBox definitely needs a special emblem once he hits a million LP. Overall, I can say it was a pretty fun journey going from Rookie to Warlord. It was pretty difficult and I had plenty of stretches where I just flat-out sucked and was unable to gain momentum. Mostly early on.

I feel like things got better once I became more analytical about my gameplay. Not just that, but also being able to identify the "Play of the game" on both the winning and losing end of matches. So many little changes really helped me growth a ton in SFV. Looking forward, I'm curious to see how the next Street Fighter will handle the Ranking system.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They're part of Champion Edition now. You buy the game or you buy the upgrade and you get all of those Capcom crossover costumes.

Ah.

So what exactly are the costumes/stages/whatever that are NOT included with the CE upgrade? What still requires you to grind out FM?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ah.

So what exactly are the costumes/stages/whatever that are NOT included with the CE upgrade? What still requires you to grind out FM?
The Fighting Chance costumes are not included. So you gotta grind FM, then hope you unlock them with the blind packs you buy from the game shop. Speaking of which, its rotation time soon for the Fighting Chance costume, so hopefully they finally put the SF2 Dhalsim costume up again so I can finally try and get it.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I did have an issue with the LP loss to Diamonds when I was in Master-Grandmaster. It stopped being annoying the closer I got to Ultimate Grandmaster, though. I'll see some people choose not to run Diamonds back at all because they feel the the risk ain't worth the gain. I understand that. Personally, I always run Diamonds back since I'm mostly focused on playing others above all else.

Even though I still like to play Ranked to keep my edge, it feels much different now that there's nothing left to reach. I feel like I actually beat Street Fighter V once I hit Warlord. I doubt Capcom will add the unused "Hero" rank that was datamined prior to release, but TrashBox definitely needs a special emblem once he hits a million LP. Overall, I can say it was a pretty fun journey going from Rookie to Warlord. It was pretty difficult and I had plenty of stretches where I just flat-out sucked and was unable to gain momentum. Mostly early on.

I feel like things got better once I became more analytical about my gameplay. Not just that, but also being able to identify the "Play of the game" on both the winning and losing end of matches. So many little changes really helped me growth a ton in SFV. Looking forward, I'm curious to see how the next Street Fighter will handle the Ranking system.

There's so much random elements in Rank. Most of it has to do with the netcode.

I don't feel like I improved when fighting the same laggy player twice by winning then loosing.
T7 rank system insure that ranking up is much faster if both players are in the same rank or 1 rank above or below.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
There's so much random elements in Rank. Most of it has to do with the netcode.

I don't feel like I improved when fighting the same laggy player twice by winning then loosing.
T7 rank system insure that ranking up is much faster if both players are in the same rank or 1 rank above or below.

Yeah, that's annoying. I really try my best to not just BL players, but sometimes you really have no choice.

Honestly, SFV Ranked is one of those things you have to be in the mood for. There was a time when I'd avoid it like the plague and only play Casual or Battle Lounge matches. Do you have any specific goals when it comes to Ranked? Like a certain league you'd like to reach?

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, that's annoying. I really try my best to not just BL players, but sometimes you really have no choice.

Honestly, SFV Ranked is one of those things you have to be in the mood for. There was a time when I'd avoid it like the plague and only play Casual or Battle Lounge matches. Do you have any specific goals when it comes to Ranked? Like a certain league you'd like to reach?

Master Rank. I made it to 26k twice before dropping to 25k.

The last time I played in Casual was in Season 1 but that got boring

Sep 7, 2018
I still haven't decided on my 2nd or 3rd yet, but Lucia is going to be my main. I was wondering what's her bread n butters? I think for a jump in Jumping H punch, to H Punch, to run and kick is her strongest combo. Not sure about anything else and I'm still not sure how to utilize her V-Trigger.

Ooh, I just got this game on Feb 14th and I feel so far behidn because this game has been out for years. I want to rejoin the FGC, but with the virus outbreak I doubt I'll be able to enter any tournies this year.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tempted to bite the bullet on the upgrade, but has there been any word yet on another netcode patch?

For those with decent connections, how is the online currently?

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I was able to reach 2000+ in Ranked in January, I'm getting bodied so fucking hard these days, like, I'm now at 1700 and still getting wiped the moment I dare to try. Feeling burned out of those ranked matches.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
As much as I was able to reach 2000+ in Ranked in January, I'm getting bodied so fucking hard these days, like, I'm now at 1700 and still getting wiped the moment I dare to try. Feeling burned out of those ranked matches.
Do you ever watch your own matches? You might see some things that you might've been missing in the heat of battle. Jumping too much? Missing your anti-airs? Stuff like that.

You could share it here as well, if you'd like constructive criticism.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017

capcomprotour.com

Capcom Pro Tour - The Home of Street Fighter Esports

CAPCOM PRO TOUR (CPT) is the premier league for competitive fighting games.Players and spectators from around the world gather to share their love for the latest insta 11 ment of the Street Fighter series and other games. An on line event open to players from all over the world, CPT showcases...

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
It's odd that Capcom USA localized Lucia as being Nuyorican when she has a dirndl and Western costumes. It's like the American and Japanese teams have completely different interpretations of the character.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Show me that Laura Costume
OilyShoddyGrayling-size_restricted.gif

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
My body is ready for the official Laura nude mod.

Not really feeling the bundle otherwise, though. Odd costume choices.

It's odd that Capcom USA localized Lucia as being Nuyorican when she has a dirndl and Western costumes. It's like the American and Japanese teams have completely different interpretations of the character.
Surprising in hindsight that the dirndl wasn't Falke's professional costume. I guess they wanted to save it for a character that actually gets played.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you ever watch your own matches? You might see some things that you might've been missing in the heat of battle. Jumping too much? Missing your anti-airs? Stuff like that.

You could share it here as well, if you'd like constructive criticism.
That's a very good idea and no, I didn't do that!

Thanks for the tips!