• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I've not played the online for a while, but what's weird is that some peoples impressions of the online mode now sound just like the issues I experienced initially during the beta/launch month - taking several minutes to get a match etc. Kinda nuts how backwards it sounds :(

Wachenroder

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks, but from what I heard in a couple YouTube videos Lucia has weak Neutral game I think due to the range on her normals.

You know how Lucias fireball has two parts? The first part will eat fireballs (1 hit durability). You need to mix that in to your neutral too. You have to be careful not to get too predictable though. Dont just keep throwing straight fireballs. You'll get jumped in on. Shuffle between the high mid and low fireballs to keep them guessing.

Edit: Also make use of her slide to get under (high and mid) fireballs. At max distance its plus or at minimum safe on block or hit.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Where's the online at currently? Is there another patch coming, or is what we have what we're going to get?

I've been tempted several times to get the digital upgrade, I'm just wondering if now's a good time or if I should wait for another update or two?

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Where's the online at currently? Is there another patch coming, or is what we have what we're going to get?

I've been tempted several times to get the digital upgrade, I'm just wondering if now's a good time or if I should wait for another update or two?

I don't think I would wait for anything substantial coming. There might not be. It's a good time to upgrade.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
SFV is starting to not feel all that fun to play anymore. Can't tell if it's overall fatigue from the game or if the game simply ran its course. Probably a mix a both.

ColonialHawk

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
Thanks, but from what I heard in a couple YouTube videos Lucia has weak Neutral game I think due to the range on her normals.
Her cr.MK is awesome and is a great confirm for flame kick (Idk what term other people use). This is and her st.MK for pokes are the go-to for footsies.
Plus what Wachenroder said about mixing up her fireballs and using those the play fireball game.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm so it's normal I couldn't find matches huh? I've been using 4-5 connection and ask but no matches for long time. I am in US. Casual matches.

is it the same for you?

Oct 25, 2017
There's a 4Gamer.net interview with Daigo about his recent decision to accept Mildom as the new sponsor for Team Beast.

https://www.4gamer.net/games/486/G048633/20200402001/

Mildom is a streaming site in Japan that's the product of a collaboration between China streaming giant DouYu and Japanese investment firm Mitsui & co.

Incidentally, Gamerbee (who is Taiwanese) just announced on Twitter a few hours ago that he's leaving Team Beast.

Not sure how I feel about all this.
Edit: On second thought, I know exactly how I feel about this. Of all the places Daigo could have gone to why the damn hell did he choose a place linked to the fucking mainland? Of all the. I can't even.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I don't know what Daigo is doing here. If he is giving twitch partnership or whatever. They must had dropped some cash on him.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Hmmm so it's normal I couldn't find matches huh? I've been using 4-5 connection and ask but no matches for long time. I am in US. Casual matches.

is it the same for you?
Mine is worse. I set it to casual and ranked 3-5 and didn't get shit for an hour on PC. I'm in Cali so I know there are always players .Time to re-up PS+ I guess.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to put my V-Skill and V-Trigger choices on memory? I don't know how I'm supposed to remember my favorite VSkill and V-Trigger combinations for all 40 characters each time I start a match.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Is there any way to put my V-Skill and V-Trigger choices on memory? I don't know how I'm supposed to remember my favorite VSkill and V-Trigger combinations for all 40 characters each time I start a match.
That would be a neat option. There has been too many online battles where I am pissed off the whole match because I forgot to switch my vskill.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That would be a neat option. There has been too many online battles where I am pissed off the whole match because I forgot to switch my vskill.
This is what's been happening to me LOL. In the heat of battle dropping F bombs when I realize I chose the wrong one. There is memory for costume options, why not the V stuff??

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The game already works like that. When playing a character online, the last V-Skill and V-Trigger you picked for them will be the ones automatically selected every time.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game already works like that. When playing a character online, the last V-Skill and V-Trigger you picked for them will be the ones automatically selected every time.
It doesn't do that in SP though yet does it for costumes during SP. They should patch it up, my memory is as bad as it is lol.

My internet connection is hit or miss so I play mostly VS CPU.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hey all, quick question. I just got the game for the first time. The game installation took quite a while, but is the title update supposed to take even longer? It's taking FOREVER. It's just stuck on the logo screen. Is that supposed to be right?

edit: never mind, restarted it and that fixed it.

Last edited:

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
A "test530" depot showed up on SteamDB a few days ago. That likely means Ver 5.030 is going to be a full download again. I was really hoping the Seth update would be the last time we had to redownload 20+ GB.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
A "test530" depot showed up on SteamDB a few days ago. That likely means Ver 5.030 is going to be a full download again. I was really hoping the Seth update would be the last time we had to redownload 20+ GB.

Do you think that there is any chance they release some new characters this year? Surely they have to do something to get people excited with the first half of the CPT year basically cancelled.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Do you think that there is any chance they release some new characters this year? Surely they have to do something to get people excited with the first half of the CPT year basically cancelled.
Seems doubtful. Maybe a low, low chance of a couple of palette swaps like Decapre or Nadeshiko if they're not ready to show off a new game at CPT

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Seems doubtful. Maybe a low, low chance of a couple of palette swaps like Decapre or Nadeshiko if they're not ready to show off a new game at CPT

I'd wager that any planned announcements of new games have been pushed back which leaves SFV.

It is Capcom so I guess doing absolutely nothing is a possibility but surely a few new characters (or some other addition) would create a little bit of buzz.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what's going to happen to the rest of the planned content. Including the CPT2020 background and official Laura nude mod.
Either they release it all earlier because there is no reason to wait until the end of a tournament that won't be able to be held, or they keep everything for next year hoping that 2021 will be less of a shitshow than 2020, or just write it all as a loss and fold whatever asset is transferable into SF6.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I highly doubt the CPT will run at all this year. Even if some countries loosen restrictions *and* its safe to gather - which I highly doubt - there will be folks who just won't travel due to fears of getting COVID-19 or strained finances because of the whole COVID-19 situation. That's not even considering researchers who are saying we may need to keep practicing social distancing until 2022. I wonder if there will even be a CPT 2021?

Lately I jumped on the SF6 in 2021 bandwagon but now the whole COVDI-19 situation has me unsure. I wonder what Capcom is thinking. Surely they're better off supporting SFV for another year in whatever ways they can afford while giving SF6 more time to bake and release to coincide with whenever its 100% safe to go outside again so a CPT season can run.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Eh, I wouldn't be against one last update, but I feel like it's time for Capcom the move on from SFV.

Not sure how things will play out this yr. Even if SFVI (assuming that's what they're working on) is ways away, it would be nice to see a new fighting game being worked on.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This game is beyond over.

There's a 4Gamer.net interview with Daigo about his recent decision to accept Mildom as the new sponsor for Team Beast.

https://www.4gamer.net/games/486/G048633/20200402001/

Mildom is a streaming site in Japan that's the product of a collaboration between China streaming giant DouYu and Japanese investment firm Mitsui & co.

Incidentally, Gamerbee (who is Taiwanese) just announced on Twitter a few hours ago that he's leaving Team Beast.

Not sure how I feel about all this.
Edit: On second thought, I know exactly how I feel about this. Of all the places Daigo could have gone to why the damn hell did he choose a place linked to the fucking mainland? Of all the. I can't even.

Outside of the gaming space Daigo seems to be a bit of a moron to be honest. He announced another Kemonomichi tournament in the middle of this pandemic. Had to cancel less than two weeks later. Nevermind that he already had to downscale the previous one that was also held in the middle of this situation. Like from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE he should've known better.

Last edited:

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
There is a Shadaloo soldier mission today. It's been two months since the last one so I thought that there weren't going to be anymore. Maybe they've gone from once a month to six times a year. Haha.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
It's funny to still see missions being implemented into this game.

I really gained a shyt load of Fight Money playing this game. I'll never be able to use it, but that's fine.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Razer has Atrox sticks for half off, finally upgraded.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I highly doubt the CPT will run at all this year. Even if some countries loosen restrictions *and* its safe to gather - which I highly doubt - there will be folks who just won't travel due to fears of getting COVID-19 or strained finances because of the whole COVID-19 situation. That's not even considering researchers who are saying we may need to keep practicing social distancing until 2022. I wonder if there will even be a CPT 2021?

Lately I jumped on the SF6 in 2021 bandwagon but now the whole COVID-19 situation has me unsure. I wonder what Capcom is thinking. Surely they're better off supporting SFV for another year in whatever ways they can afford while giving SF6 more time to bake and release to coincide with whenever its 100% safe to go outside again so a CPT season can run.
If we are to assume that SFVI is one of the four games planned for this fiscal year as Dusk Golem said, they mentioned that one of them was delayed out of the fiscal year by a few months (probably due to COVID-19). That could very well be SFVI, which would still be in 2021 as a calendar year, but be in 2021's fiscal year rather than 2020's like the other hinted/leaked major titles. And either way, if they already closed the book on significant SFV support, there's not much they can do now beyond maybe an extra patch or two.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
If we are to assume that SFVI is one of the four games planned for this fiscal year as Dusk Golem said, they mentioned that one of them was delayed out of the fiscal year by a few months (probably due to COVID-19). That could very well be SFVI, which would still be in 2021 as a calendar year, but be in 2021's fiscal year rather than 2020's like the other hinted/leaked major titles. And either way, if they already closed the book on significant SFV support, there's not much they can do now beyond maybe an extra patch or two.
Yeah, you're probably right. The more I think about the money and resources needed to add anything meaningful to a game they're already planning on leaving behind the less likely it seems. We'll probably see SFVI launch with or without a CPT next year.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah, you're probably right. The more I think about the money and resources needed to add anything meaningful to a game they're already planning on leaving behind the less likely it seems. We'll probably see SFVI launch with or without a CPT next year.
I could see it being April or May instead of February or March, but still within 2021.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure the game that's being booted is the new BASARA game. Because we don't deserve nice things (and also because if more hands are needed on a new Monster Hunter or RE, BASARA is the less important pawn to be sacrificed, even less than a Megaman or a new fighting game).
My money is on "SF6 was never FY 2020".

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Been getting back into the game. Using edward.

Something in just noticed. Its bothering me something that wrote off as "it has to be this way" so. Old seth costume is hella short. Old seth in arcade is large. Why didn't they just make new seth tall. Does the change in appearance require the change in height. Then I wondered, is there like a maximum height woman can be aesthetically in sf? I think the only exception is elena, outside of her, does sf have any tall girls?

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Been getting back into the game. Using edward.

Something in just noticed. Its bothering me something that wrote off as "it has to be this way" so. Old seth costume is hella short. Old seth in arcade is large. Why didn't they just make new seth tall. Does the change in appearance require the change in height. Then I wondered, is there like a maximum height woman can be aesthetically in sf? I think the only exception is elena, outside of her, does sf have any tall girls?
Rose is 5'10" and there are a few 5'9" women, but nobody is taller than Elena.