• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OneSneakyBob

Nov 19, 2019
Honestly, I don't think the game is coded to let people use the characters any other way. And given that F.A.N.G's theme still has the wrong loop point after 4 years, they're not going to recode anything more substantial than that unless they absolutely have to. lol
The code might not be the culprit here, or at least not the only one. In SFV, every DLC asset (characters, stages, etc.) are tied to your SFV account. You have to connect to the SFV servers at least once so it can confirm that you have indeed bought said DLC. After that you can use the DLC any time you want, even offline.

So even if everything had been on disc and there wasn't a code, you'd still wouldn't have been able to use the DLC until your internet is back.

Well that's irritating and kills it for me personally. Fortunately Walmart has a generous return policy as I'm just gonna take it back. Shame, as I wanted a "complete" version of SFV, something to play with even offline or if I take it to a family or friend's house. Guess I'll have to hope that Capcom will make a fighting game for the next generation that isn't some annoyingly put together package.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Guess I'll bite.

Still can't wait for this game to go away but it would be nice to have with all the characters and costumes.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's irritating and kills it for me personally. Fortunately Walmart has a generous return policy as I'm just gonna take it back. Shame, as I wanted a "complete" version of SFV, something to play with even offline or if I take it to a family or friend's house. Guess I'll have to hope that Capcom will make a fighting game for the next generation that isn't some annoyingly put together package.
Unless I'm misunderstanding, you just needed to connect to the servers one time and that would be it. You could then play it offline after that, no?

Jersa

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA (USA)
I wish there were a cheaper price for people who purchased the season pass contents. It's a pretty steep ask at $25 for two characters, levels, and costumes.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Ryu, Cody and Balrog. I change my main depending on my mood lol. Sleep walk to Diamond??? Dude, you're probably great at this game.
Pick one to focus on. Out of those 3 Balrog is the most complete. Strong and simple anti air, good pressure, strong crush counters and good vskills and triggers.
A lot of progress cones through making certain reactions instant and swapping characters can mean having to think for a second longer about how to anti air or what to do when you knock your opponent now.
For example I've been playing a bit of Poison and having to remember to anti air with crouching medium punch has lost me many games after playkng a character that anti airs with a different button for years.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I wish there were a cheaper price for people who purchased the season pass contents. It's a pretty steep ask at $25 for two characters, levels, and costumes.

Yeah, I mean it's still a good deal if you take into account the cost of the costumes, but as someone who has almost all characters, all stages, and some of the costumes, I'm getting a way worse deal than most.

Oct 25, 2017
I purchased it for the costumes alone, and I was only missing Honda. More than worth it considering I've bought the Battle Outfit pack for $20 thinking it was a steal.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
I purchased it for the costumes alone, and I was only missing Honda. More than worth it considering I've bought the Battle Outfit pack for $20 thinking it was a steal.
Same here on the Battle Outfit pack. Was mostly out of SFV last year, so skipping that season of characters was an easier choice, but yeah the amount you get for the price you pay now is bonkers.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Yeah, I mean it's still a good deal if you take into account the cost of the costumes, but as someone who has almost all characters, all stages, and some of the costumes, I'm getting a way worse deal than most.
I bought a few costume packs last summer when they were on sale. In hindsight not the best call.

Even then I still think €25 is a steal for for Gill + Seth and four costumes each, plus all the costumes I didn't have yet, plus all the colors I don't have to grind levels/spend FM for anymore.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone on PC wants the upgrade kit, it's currently $20.49 on Fanatical. Also available for $24.98 at Humble Store with $2.50 wallet credit (I don't know if the Humble Monthly discount applies, though). The base version is also currently on sale on Steam for $8.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
tumblr_mfbwlrPAjC1ql2leco1_400.gifv

When can we expect the patch notes?
They get published on the CFN site, usually after server maintenance.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Hey. I am a huge fighting game fan (at least as a spectator). I love PLAYING Killer Instinct and NRS games. I just recently beat Tekken 7. I have never played a street fighter other than the few trials of V on ps4 and steam. Should I buy the $8 version of Arcade or wait for Championship Edition (how much will that cost?)? Additionally, is playing on steam a good way to play this game?

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Hey. I am a huge fighting game fan (at least as a spectator). I love PLAYING Killer Instinct and NRS games. I just recently beat Tekken 7. I have never played a street fighter other than the few trials of V on ps4 and steam. Should I buy the $8 version of Arcade or wait for Championship Edition (how much will that cost?)? Additionally, is playing on steam a good way to play this game?

You could buy Arcade and update to championship now. Upgrade or Release either way if you're only jumping in now might as well go for the Championship Edition.

Upgrade is $25 on steam, or you could wait till release and pay $30 for it without upgrading from Arcade Edition.
store.steampowered.com

Street Fighter V - Champion Edition Upgrade Kit on Steam

Purchase the Street Fighter™ V: Champion Edition Upgrade Kit and get: - 40 characters - Over 200 costumes and colors - Selected Stages, Titles, BGM and Fighter Profiles *Upgrade Kit only applicable for current owners of Street Fighter™ V and Street Fighter™ V: Arcade Edition

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I only need Seth, Gill and a few stages. Don't really care about costumes so will (for the first time) wait for a sale.
$30 isn't enough of a good sale? Isn't it even cheaper to upgrade? I got the update package and for its price is a lot more vale than I could've expected.

Also, good to know they're working on necode, here's hoping they don't fuck it up even worse.

Oct 25, 2017
$30 isn't enough of a good sale? Isn't it even cheaper to upgrade? I got the update package and for its price is a lot more vale than I could've expected.

Also, good to know they're working on necode, here's hoping they don't fuck it up even worse.

I've already purchased the previous seasons and the 3 character summer pack. Spending money on an upgrade to get two characters doesn't seem a great investment, especially as they have sales quite often.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I've already purchased the previous seasons and the 3 character summer pack. Spending money on an upgrade to get two characters doesn't seem a great investment, especially as they have sales quite often.
Ah I see, I only bought the passes up to the third one, so I basically got 6 new characters plus the costumes with the CE upgrade. I can see why in your case it wouldn't be as appealing an option.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I cannot believe it might actually happening and they are improving the netcode

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Steam is good.
As for waiting til Friday. The total cost to guy the $8 version and CE($25) is only a $3 difference. If you'd rather not wait and don't mind paying $3 more go for it.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Is the only way to get the special EX colors from the original Japanese release to pre-order?

Or will they sell them separately too?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Altimor brought us pain but it was only so the reward afterwards would be all the sweeter.

Some 5D chess being played here.

FullWalter

Mar 13, 2018
So, if I've never been into a fighting game beyond very casual Street Fighter II in my childhood and the odd pick up game of other titles here and there, but I want to give a fighting game an honest try... this or wait for Gran Blue Fantasy?

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I'm in the same boat tbh. I already bought everything I wanted throughout the years so now paying £20 for two characters and the costumes I didn't want is putting me off getting it right now.