• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Yeah I'm in the same boat tbh. I already bought everything I wanted throughout the years so now paying £20 for two characters and the costumes I didn't want is putting me off getting it right now.
I bought the standalone Gill and this Friday I'll just get Seth and be done with it.
I already have all stages except the Gill one, plus I don't care about costumes, so the 25€ upgrade isn't worth it for me.

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
For the release tomorrow, will there be any updates to the UI or splash screen or anything beyond Seth? New balance update?

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Netcode aside, I was hoping they would've changed the garish gold UI with this new version. Looks like they won't though.

Same.
For the release tomorrow, will there be any updates to the UI or splash screen or anything beyond Seth? New balance update?

Of course nobody knows for certain, but if I have to guess, I think the last major balance update was and will remain the introduction of a 2nd V-skill. There will be some minor updates for maybe one more year to address really broken things, then we'll enter the Street Fighter 6 preview phase, with eventual release in 2022.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's... much faster than I thought.

If this fixes the rift then i might actually be pissed that it took some guy fucking with the netcode out of curiosity to get Capcom to actually do something about it.
If it's coming so fast, it's probable it's just a patch to ban the unofficial mod.
No way they made adjustments to the netcode in such a short period. If it had been worked upon for any longer period of time, they would release it with the CE, not a week after.

Everyone should prepare for disappointment.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Tempted, though I don't play online anymore. The lack of PS Pro optimizations after all these years is also just bizarre.

Good OT, jett. I'll follow the conversation around here to see what happens with the netcode and other future changes.

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up preordering the upgrade kit on PS4 since I had base SFV already and I've had access to all the characters except Seth. Been nice getting back into SFV so far.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
So, if I've never been into a fighting game beyond very casual Street Fighter II in my childhood and the odd pick up game of other titles here and there, but I want to give a fighting game an honest try... this or wait for Gran Blue Fantasy?
As someone who actually likes this game and will still be playing it as well, I would say wait for Granblue Fantasy Versus. You'll start out with a smaller roster with the latter until its DLC characters start rolling in, but mechanically GBVS is the better Street Fighter game between the two. The RPG mode in GBVS will also give you something else to do, and has both local and online co-op.

Last edited:

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
So, if I've never been into a fighting game beyond very casual Street Fighter II in my childhood and the odd pick up game of other titles here and there, but I want to give a fighting game an honest try... this or wait for Gran Blue Fantasy?
SFV is cheaper, has more characters and content, has more resources for learning, will most likely have a more active player base and better online experience.

But the answer is get both.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
What's the best stick on the market for PS4 right now? Been meaning to get a new one for a while, but I've lost track and don't know what's good anymore. Was eyeing the Razer Panthera (DBFZ version), but I think it gave Xian problems at one Evo?

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That was an older model Razer stick. They fixed that issue with the Panthera by changing the cord which was the issue. Panthera's one of the best sticks if not the best.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
What's the best stick on the market for PS4 right now? Been meaning to get a new one for a while, but I've lost track and don't know what's good anymore. Was eyeing the Razer Panthera (DBFZ version), but I think it gave Xian problems at one Evo?
Your kid has to put a rag on her head when she goes to school instead of a hat or beanie and you're here buying Pantheras.

SMH.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
That was an older model Razer stick. They fixed that issue with the Panthera by changing the cord which was the issue. Panthera's one of the best sticks if not the best.
Oh, so should I go with the DBFZ Panthera then? Because a local store has that one on sale here.
Your kid has to put a rag on her head when she goes to school instead of a hat or beanie and you're here buying Pantheras.

SMH.
She's a Dhalsim fan, ok? And you haven't even seen my kid who's a Blanka fan, I had to babyproof my outlets because of that dummy.

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got their physical edition early and if yes, can comment on the content on it? Is it a SFV with a CE voucher?

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to just bite the bullet and get the CE upgrade. Might as well with Seth coming out tomorrow and it'll be nice to just have everything and never have to fork out extra for stuff. Still £20 though ugh.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just happy the netcode is getting fixed, even if it took 4 fucking years. At least its dropping when the game is at its best.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
Feels weird that I'm excited for this even though I'm going to continue playing the same characters I already do.

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
I literally woke up at 1AM cause I was sick, reading those tweets by Ono felt like some crazy fever dream

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to just bite the bullet and get the CE upgrade. Might as well with Seth coming out tomorrow and it'll be nice to just have everything and never have to fork out extra for stuff. Still £20 though ugh.
It sucks that I got one of their stupid stage packs last year otherwise I'd be all over the CE upgrade.

And what am I even going to do with all the FM I've been hoarding. Capcpom pls.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It sucks that I got one of their stupid stage packs last year otherwise I'd be all over the CE upgrade.

Yeah lol I already bought all the stuff I wanted years ago so it's a bitter pill for sure. At least I've got everything now.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

I was gonna use my hoarded Fight Money on Extra Battle costumes. But since those seem to be over as far as new costumes go, I'll probably just try my luck with Fighting Chance.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Havent played since my girl Sakura dropped so I've got no problem getting the upgrade kit.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Why don't you go buy all those other fighting games that have all of their DLC on disc, then?

Oh.

Oh right.
I've only ever cared about Street Fighter as a casual fan, but Capcom didn't seem to want my money at launch with no arcade mode. They did finally add that, but even the updated releases on disc don't include that mode, and they couldn't be bothered to even add PS4 Pro support. As a bit of a game collector I just can't bring myself to buy the game when it's been handled this way.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I've only ever cared about Street Fighter as a casual fan, but Capcom didn't seem to want my money at launch with no arcade mode. They did finally add that, but even the updated releases on disc don't include that mode, and they couldn't be bothered to even add PS4 Pro support. As a bit of a game collector I just can't bring myself to buy the game when it's been handled this way.
All of the new modes are included on the disc, Arcade Mode included (this is similar to how AE was handled, as early copies gave people early access to the then-recent balance changes & new modes). The voucher is for stuff like characters, stages, & costumes.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's such a ridiculous thing to get hung up on in this day and age of multiplayer/online-focused games. You don't want a vanilla disc sitting on your shelf, then get it digitally.
All of the new modes are included on the disc, Arcade Mode included (this is similar to how AE was handled, as early copies gave people early access to the then-recent balance changes & new modes). The voucher is for stuff like characters, stages, & costumes.
I don't think any updates are on the disc.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Do we know when this drops tomorrow? I bought the upgrade kit back when it was announced.

I hope they at least change the splash screen to say Champion Edition, it still says Arcade Edition. :/