• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Invite to the Street Fighter Era community discord:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
nc5k2Jg.png

Street Fighter V: Champion Edition
Available February 14th, 2020 on PS4 and Steam
$29.99 MSRP / $24.99 upgrade kit for current SFV owners

Rule the ring with Street Fighter V: Champion Edition, the most robust version of the acclaimed fighting game! This new version includes all content (excluding Fighting Chance costumes, brand collaboration costumes and Capcom Pro Tour DLC) from both the original release and Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition. Champion Edition adds each character, stage and other content that released after Arcade Edition and with the release of this new version.

In total: 40 characters, 34 stages, over 200 costumes – all action-packed into one knockout edition!

All game mode additions and balance updates are free for owners of any Street Fighter V version.

85kp1nY.png

W67J7vF.png

GZqGYgN.png

NAWVp8m.png

RgbfBQK.png

CB3AtIU.png

uIodA2z.png

You can see all character data and their movelists at the Capcom Fighting Network website

ZG8eGHX.png

IhMIyNq.png

Arcade
Battle Lounges
Casual/Ranked Matchmaking
Character Guides
Character Stories
Character Trials
Cinematic Story (free separate download on PS4/Steam store)
Demonstrations/Tutorials
Extra Battle
Survival
Team Battle
Training
Online Tournament (currently in beta)
Online Replays
Versus CPU

onIDGkA.png

Capcom Esports will have a full slate in 2020, including the Capcom Pro Tour, (CPT) Intel World Open (IWO) and Street Fighter League (SFL). Given how busy the calendar year will be, the CPT will have a revised structure and schedule to accommodate competitors.

V1CHVRu.jpg

CPT 2020
The CPT will continue to use a leaderboard to determine Capcom Cup 2020 qualifiers. The season will be split in halves, with points resetting after the first half. More on that later. Competitors and fans will notice the schedule is more condensed. There will be 14 Premier Events and 18 Ranking Events in 2020.

World Warriors Challenge
Another big addition to the CPT 2020 is the World Warriors Challenge. You'll notice that Regional Finals Events from the past are no longer a part of the CPT. Instead, what we've done is created a competition within the CPT designed to reach more regions around the globe, and potentially create grassroots communities in less active regions.

loo4L8r.jpg

Street Fighter V Joins Intel World Open Tournament Series

IERdVaz.png

Intel, a leader in gaming technology, announced the Intel World Open tournament that will take place in Tokyo ahead of the Olympic Summer Games next year to showcase the excitement and influence of esports.
Intel will host the Intel World Open in the lead up to the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, featuring Street Fighter V.

The Road to Tokyo 2020

About the Tournament: The Intel World Open will kick off with online qualifiers in early 2020, where any player, at any level can compete for a chance to join their national team. A live qualifier event in Katowice, Poland in June will determine which teams will advance to the championship esports tournament in Tokyo from July 22 – 24, leading into the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
Final Event in Tokyo: The live finals in Tokyo will host fans at the Zepp DiverCity venue located in the central Olympic Games area. Champions representing their nation will be crowned in two different tournaments featuring leading esports titles, Street Fighter V and Rocket League.

Prize Pool: The total prize pool for Street Fighter V is $250,000.

Visit the website for more details: https://iwo.streetfighterleague.com

Screenshot Gallery

Thanks to Scotia for the thread subtitle

Updates
Yoshinori Ono has announced that an update to the netcode is coming:

M7ZAkSM.png
1RvYGU0.png

Last edited:

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Would've bought this a third time if they implemented where other users on the system can also access the DLC my only major gripe with this game

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Return? I've never went anywhere. Street Fighter head since 1992 and been playing Street Fighter V since 2016 ;-)

LET'S GO!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Great OT as always, jett. If this is really SFV's final year, here's to it being a damn good one.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Did they fix the net code yet
CTRL + F netcode; No results found. Jfc
As mentioned before, most of Capcom Dev 2's software engineers on the fighting game side of things have likely long since moved on to SFVI. While MvCI's netcode does have me optimistic for SFVI's netcode, I wouldn't expect much for SFV (especially if this is indeed the game's last year).

Was there any exclusive bonus for pre-ordering this DLC?
A bonus shadow color for every character.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I've never really gotten into a fighting game before. I figure this might be a good time to start although I'm not even sure which game to start with, maybe this one is as good as any

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
On PS4 you mnea? Yeah the DLC situation is abysmal =_=
Yeah, i assume it's the same on PC?
I had no ideia. Really crappy decision from Capcom.
Right been about 4 years and still it's like this, was gutted when i also bought Arcade edition then found out about this nowhere did Capcom or anywhere did it state about this, while other fighting games like MK etc with DLCs everyone can access it. Really hope SF6 won't have this same issue

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's so great having all the pretty outfits and not having to worry about that stupid fighting bucks shit or whatever.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Gotta give Kudos to Capcom for closing the 2010s by providing this glorious theme

Yeah, i assume it's the same on PC?

Right been about 4 years and still it's like this, was gutted when i also bought Arcade edition then found out about this nowhere did Capcom or anywhere did it state about this, while other fighting games like MK etc with DLCs everyone can access it. Really hope SF6 won't have this same issue
On steam it is part of family share and a quick search shows that the 'family account' hasa ccess to all DLC as much as the main account.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
On steam it is part of family share and a quick search shows that the 'family account' hasa ccess to all DLC as much as the main account.
Cool so if i do this family share from my steam account to my bros steam account they can access the DLC on their own Steam account too? So we got seperate progress etc not a shared one account to play on?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Cool so if i do this family share from my steam account to my bros steam account they can access the DLC on their own Steam account too? So we got seperate progress etc not a shared one account to play on?
Yes, what I've read online states as such;
One PC is family sharing SF5 and would be able to access the content.
Apparently it is also possible for main and the family account to play against each other online going by this at least

Doesn't hurt to try!

EffettoNotte

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 17, 2019
I already have the base game on PC but never played it (I got it for 6 bucks some time ago). Don't know if should just upgrade or buy the PS4 version, the price would be the same, plus the physical copy has a very cool cover.
How is the netcode on console? Is the ps4 version more played than pc one?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I already have the base game on PC but never played it (I got it for 6 bucks some time ago). Don't know if should just upgrade or buy the PS4 version, the price would be the same, plus the physical copy has a very cool cover.
How is the netcode on console? Is the ps4 version more played than pc one?
PC version looks better, runs better (doesn't have those weird random hitches in friggin training mode/Trials like PS4 does), and doesn't take an eternity to load on startup. The game is crossplay so it's the same playerbase.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Nice OT! The character section reminds me of old streetfighter cardboard playing cards I had in the 90s. I only play arcade mode since it came out but I still enjoy the game. I don't really play competitive but I feel this season may be the best season SFV has in terms of balance and fun so far. Sakura won an EVO japan cmon. Looking forward to watch more competitive!

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Just curious, this is the only way to get Kage without FM, correct? So weird that he wasn't sold as DLC like the others...

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Just curious, this is the only way to get Kage without FP, correct? So weird that he wasn't sold as DLC like the others...

Kage was/is available to buy with actual money from the in game store, he just wasn't part of any season pass or bundle. Same deal with Gill and presumably Seth if you don't buy this new version.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Yes, what I've read online states as such;
One PC is family sharing SF5 and would be able to access the content.
Apparently it is also possible for main and the family account to play against each other online going by this at least

Doesn't hurt to try!
Thanks might try this would've preferred to play this on my tv since pc too far from it but it'll do

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely love SFV. Is this the last SFV update we're getting in regards to new characters/seasons?

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Do you mean Fight Money (FM)? Pretty sure you can buy him separate with real money (same as any other DLC character). There was misunderstanding due to how the store front was set up which caused people to think you can only use FM on him
Yes Fight Money, I corrected my post...and thanks! I'll just buy these 3 directly since I have all the season passes.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
EVO Japan hype got the best of me and I bought this straight after the tournie. Just need to find the time to actually learn to play.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Absolutely love SFV. Is this the last SFV update we're getting in regards to new characters/seasons?
We don't know for sure right now. But between there not being anymore Extra Battle or Fighting Chance costumes, the way Seth's VS1 works, the Capcom Cup 2020 winner not auto-qualifying for Capcom Cup 2021, & CE originally being called Definitive Edition, it really does seem like Seth is the final character. So to answer your question in a short statement, it's very likely that Seth is it, but it's not certain.

With that said, I do fully expect one more CPT Premier Pack (featuring iDom's Laura costume) & maybe another balance patch or two. But everything else, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Jagernaut

Oct 27, 2017
Any improvements in load times? That initial load where the previous version is looking for updates takes a really long time.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Thanks might try this would've preferred to play this on my tv since pc too far from it but it'll do
You should be able to stream SF5 from Steam to your HDTV
When you go to it in your Steam library you should see a small Green v button to the right of the Play button. Press it to get more details on streaming the game unto your HDTV if it is compatible.