• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing Street Fighter V a while ago, and I never really got past Ultra Silver. I picked it up again and I'm having way more fun with Championship Edition. However, I went to a weekly last night for the first time in a while and got absolutely smoked. It was not great. Would anyone legit good like to play some matches later today and maybe help me pinpoint where I really need to improve?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
What's MVCI's lobby system like?
You can have up to 4 fights going on simultaneously with the option of making one of the sub-sections into an online training mode.

41_5_1.png

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
Cool, hopefully with SF6 they dump unreal engine and go with RE-engine so the entire game doesn't need redownloading for updates

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Or they just use a newer version of Unreal. Soulcalibur VI uses a newer version of UE4 and its patches are only a few hundred megabytes on average.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why on earth is this update 25GB...didn't we already have all the characters/costumes/stages and stuff downloaded, even if we haven't paid to unlock it?

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
But they didn't fix it did they? At least not in a way that could be reconciled with SFV. Otherwise I wouldn't be redownloading the entire game for each patch.
You posted about the patch size issue as if it were an inherent, unfixable feature of UE4 just to show how superior RE Engine supposedly is, and I pointed out that it was long since fixed in Unreal, using another fighter as an example. It's not Unreal's fault that Capcom can't be assed to update SFV's version of the engine to one that has the fix.

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that makes sense. Even in the best case scenario and SF6 gets announced within the next few months (which I doubt), SFV would still have a year+ of life left.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
A formal next gen port seems slightly weird when they'll be backwards compatable. But then we have no idea how developers will handle that yet and the fast loading will be nice. Still, makes sense to port it like they did with SF4 at the start of this gen.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I know playstation helped with the initial budget and marketing and don't seem attached anymore. Would this be a port mainly for the next xbox?

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The deal with Sony might only apply to current-gen consoles, who knows.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
man i wish they would make the new dlc chars available together with the title updates so that we could do at least some offline trials :p

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
A formal next gen port seems slightly weird when they'll be backwards compatable. But then we have no idea how developers will handle that yet and the fast loading will be nice. Still, makes sense to port it like they did with SF4 at the start of this gen.
Load times for matches will stay the same, though.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine the PS5 version will just basically be a repackaged Champion Edition with everything on the disk. Not really a new version besides maybe better load times and using PC max settings. PS4 version of SF5 will still work with backward compatibility.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Finished downloading the update. Looks like there's a new blue/red splash screen, but otherwise no other UI changes. Seth still not selectable, so we'll probably have to wait until the servers are back. Apparently the update only added ~735 MB to the total size, so I don't think there are any hidden surprises.

Last edited:

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
Has there ever been official confirmation of the terms of Street Fighter V's exclusivity? I really hope it's time limited or something because expanding the player base to other consoles would be wonderful, especially if the netcode patch stabilizes crossplay.

Plus lunchtime training mode on Switch would be cute.