• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Has there ever been official confirmation of the terms of Street Fighter V's exclusivity? I really hope it's time limited or something because expanding the player base to other consoles would be wonderful, especially if the netcode patch stabilizes crossplay.

Plus lunchtime training mode on Switch would be cute.
It didn't sound time-limited based on how Sony described it back then. All versions of SFV are console-exclusive to PlayStation.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It's basically a smaller, square version of the CE promotional art. It just features Gill's nose a bit too prominently while Ryu and Chun look relatively small.
I can kinda imagine it.

Nice, we finally gonna get that 4k update that we never got when the PS4 Pro came out lol.

On the bright side it won't be checkerboard 4k on high, it should be real 4k with max settings.
Kinda seems pointless when you could just do a PS5 update for the existing version of SFV thanks to backwards compatibility.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda seems pointless when you could just do a PS5 update for the existing version of SFV thanks to backwards compatibility.

Are you talking about an actual updated port or PS5 backwards compatibility with special sauce?

If I bought a PS5 this year and wanted to play SFV on it I'd definitely want true 4k with max settings instead of hardware upscaling or whatever else next gen can do to make old games look a little better.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Are you talking about an actual updated port or PS5 backwards compatibility with special sauce?

If I bought a PS5 this year and wanted to play SFV on it I'd definitely want true 4k with max settings instead of hardware upscaling or whatever else next gen can do to make old games look a little better.
I mean like a PS5-specific patch that'll allow the game to run at native 4K, similar to a PS4 Pro-esque upgrade.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I checked, but still not costume code toggle in character select. The dream is dead.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I mean like a PS5-specific patch that'll allow the game to run at native 4K, similar to a PS4 Pro-esque upgrade.

That depends, when you play PS4 games on PS5 do you get access to all the extra horsepower? I just assumed the PS5 would emulate PS4 specs to run PS4 games and not work like how PC's do

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I took a quick look through the files and there seem to be placeholders for 2 costumes and 5 titles, so probably just stuff for the CPT 2020 pack. Nothing else of note, really. No new extra boss battles, and it doesn't look like Seth will have a story-exclusive boss form like Gill.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
what i have never understood is why they did not drop seth first and then gill with the champion edition which heavily features and references gills color scheming. feels more like seth edition - at least for me seth has stolen the thunder from gill entirely shortly after his release

Seth Trials:

shadoclone

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
what i have never understood is why they did not drop seth first and then gill with the champion edition which heavily features and references gills color scheming. feels more like seth edition - at least for me seth has stolen the thunder from gill entirely shortly after his release
Considering the amount of work it seems went into Seth's VS1 probably just took longer to make the character, maybe longer than they expected when designing champion edition

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I stopped playing Street Fighter V a while ago, and I never really got past Ultra Silver. I picked it up again and I'm having way more fun with Championship Edition. However, I went to a weekly last night for the first time in a while and got absolutely smoked. It was not great. Would anyone legit good like to play some matches later today and maybe help me pinpoint where I really need to improve?

whats your cfn?Pm me

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I'm not against this, but....why is this needed again? Do you forget the code? How would you change mid-match?
It's easy to mess up the timing, especially when you're the 2nd player. Plus it's just a hassle having to hold these buttons before every. single. fight.

A toggle would also let you toggle the costume code on AI opponents.

Changing mid-match would work the same way as it currently does: you just get the opposite version of the one you start the fight with.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
oof that story outfit is ruined by these weird ass pants. and here i was wanting to use it mainly. guess the bison costume it is.

also dat st mk activation into ca lol. gonna get some clutch ass matches with that.

just seeing that you can also cancel cr hk int oca. damn

this is a footsie ass character mang. so many forward moving normals. this is gonna be interesting

Last edited:

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
luckily h hechatoncheires or whatever is only minus2. so you dont die for fishing with st hp into it accidentily :p m and l versions are -4 in comparison

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Is the final champion edition patch (other than netcode) out?
Or is it still tomorrow?

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
oh damn you can combo the cartwheel kick anti air after a jump in. so it can be used as a rgular combo tool, too, instead of just being for anti air purposes

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Seth's character story was fucking garbage.

Didn't explain a single thing about why Juri brought him back or who she was talking to and just ended with no actual pay off or tease of something more to come. Just Seth chasing after some purple psycho power fart cloud and fade to black.

What a complete waste of time and total wet fart of an ending to this game's story. What the fuck happened to the writer of Sakura's character story? I refuse to believe they wrote this one too.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Game just took about 2 minutes to load the stage select screen from the Main Menu after I chose Training :/

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
cartwheel anti air into h oraoraora into ca does like 430 dmg. you better not jump on a stocked seth. it anti airs fairly well too. at least against ken

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
you can dodge a lot of not deep jump ins with his cr hk, too. this is gonna be so dumb online lol.

also jump back mp seems pretty good against crossups if you dont wanna crosscut dp

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like they adjusted Chun's VS2:
Hazanshu - Fixed a phenomenon where Chun-Li's rear leg was placed in an unnatural position after jumping over a projectile attack with this move, allowing the attack to hit her. The corresponding hurtbox has been removed.
I wonder if it'll actually be useful now against fireball characters.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I have no idea how to control VT2, haha.

Can someone post Seth's costumes

コスチューム | セス | キャラクターデータ | CAPCOM:シャドルー格闘家研究所

様々なファイターの必殺技を繰り出しつつ、特徴的なVスキルで多彩な攻撃をするキャラクターだ。VスキルⅠの「丹田エンジン」は相手の技を使う事ができるようになり、VスキルⅡの「丹田ブースター」は自身の必殺技を更に強化するので、選択したVスキルによって戦法が大きく変化するぞ!

009.png

I adore how unexpectedly cyberpunk Seth's swimsuit costume is.
They have a ton of unexpectedly colorful but cool colors.

Edit:

011.png

Mahvel, baybee!

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
uhm the medium oraora after st mp st hp tc (or generally close) seems pretty strong because it leaves the opponent standing and you close with +. like you can immediately shimmy after it

just_one

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Let me get this straight, the Champion update gets all the stages , characters and costumes from the season passes??