• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
They have a ton of unexpectedly colorful but cool colors.
Yeah! It's great to see considering how muted and ugly their SFIV palettes were.

Edit:

011.png

Mahvel, baybee!
Super Seth-an God Super Seth-an

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Without an interface refresh or even new menu music and stuff this update really feels less eventful than AE, and also feels like the end of the line as far as major content updates go.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
uff trial 9 took me longer than it should have. somehow blew the orb up all the time until i started using different button strenghts for the movement

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Super Seth-an God Super Seth-an
Oh shit I didn't think of that.

uff trial 9 took me longer than it should have. somehow blew the orb up all the time until i started using different button strenghts for the movement
I'm still stuck on that one. How do you make the orb do that triangular movement? The moment I press 4P it just flies of the the left and into hyperspace, never to be seen again.

Maybe I'm just mashing too hard.

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf is up with Seth's story that makes it take so long to skip? That was annoying

Also, does anyone have a suggestion for a good pad? Any new ones come out over the last year or so that are with picking up?

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh shit I didn't think of that.

I'm still stuck on that one. How do you make the orb do that triangular movement? The moment I press 4P it just flies of the the left and into hyperspace, never to be seen again.

Maybe I'm just mashing too hard.
uhm i did it by just pressing lp + back once and then mp +down forward. i mashed in the beginning but got nowhere

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Without an interface refresh or even new menu music and stuff this update really feels less eventful than AE, and also feels like the end of the line as far as major content updates go.

Yeah, all they did was change the title screen... At least get rid of the gold color scheme.. game still looks low budget.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I like how seth's story is kinda sad. Not in the sense of like, you know his story is kinda sad. I mean like , no one takes him seriously and he's just kinda flailing and no one understands
Seth"s Story: Seth blindly limply falling their arms at Ed and Falke

Ed: What , what is even happening

Falke: I don't... I think we should just go

Ed: Alright Gray person we finna head out

Seth: I AM THE KING

Ed: uhuh Slowly backs away

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
man just did the first online match with seth and won. this character is super fun even if you have no idea what you are doing because of all the flashy moves and the spinning lol. i am really eager to learn this char man

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
They reached 2020 with updates as they promised/stated years ago. I dont know how they wouldn't be working on 6 already or they will launch "barebones" again with how much work it takes to make a fighting game these days without missing anything that will make people angry and violent.

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil

Just when i thought we were moving over Bison Capcom finds a way to bring the character to the post-SF3 cannon. Guess he will never really die lol

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
seth win screen seems really buggy lol. almost looks like a glitch with how fast the person he holds drops and appears on camera lol

also this is no easy char at all. i reckon most people will drop him pretty quickly

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
That Super Saiyan Blue Goku color I posted earlier looks dope as hell in the Dojo stage.

uhm i did it by just pressing lp + back once and then mp +down forward. i mashed in the beginning but got nowhere
Switched to training mode just to have more freedom labbing and yeah, I almost got it on my first try.

Another one of those cases where the trials tell you any button is fine, but in reality the distance the orb travels is tied to the strength of the button used. So HP lets it cross the entire screen while LP makes it travel only a short distance.

Reminds me of one of the earlier Cammy trials where you had to use LK to initiate the super because MK and HK would whiff... but the game didn't tell you.

Edit: Huh, apparently it doesn't. I tried it with HP again and now that works as well. I guess it really is the mashing that makes it travel so far.

I think I will stick with VT1 in matches for the time being.

Last edited:

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That Super Saiyan Blue Goku color I posted earlier looks dope as hell in the Dojo stage.

Switched to training mode just to have more freedom labbing and yeah, I almost got it on my first try.

Another one of those cases where the trials tell you any button is fine, but in reality the distance the orb travels is tied to the strength of the button used. So HP lets it cross the entire screen while LP makes it travel only a short distance.

Reminds me of one of the earlier Cammy trials where you had to use LK to initiate the super because MK and HK would whiff... but the game didn't tell you.

Edit: Huh, apparently it doesn't. I tried it with HP again and now that works as well. I guess it really is the mashing that makes it travel so far.

I think I will stick with VT1 in matches for the time being.
yeah my brain is too small right now at 3 am here to understand this vtrigger. man, only 4 hours lkeft before work now. suckzzz

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017

Ah, pretty much what I expected. I'm guessing this and Tekken 7 will be ported to next-gen consoles. Those games need to be the holdoff for us until the new editions hit.

I'm also interested about what'll happen towards the games we have on our consoles now when next gen hits. I wonder if I'll be able to play my digital PS4 titles on the PS5 or whatever. I mean if not ok, I get it but at the same time I'd like to know.

As for this game, the main reason I got it was having all the stages, costumes and extra characters I never got. I think I'm slowly getting back to how I felt with fighters years ago to where I played them for a few hours every few days to relax. I was tuned out a bit but after playing FighterZ again, T7, that new SF Collection and this it's good.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
These EX9 colors aren't that bad actually. They looked worse in the promotional video.

streetfighterv_2020022vki6.jpg

streetfighterv_2020028ikqa.jpg

I wonder when we'll get the blue EX10 version, which I think was the pre-order bonus?

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How big is the game now on PS4? I'm asking because Modern Warfare is ridiculously big now taking so much space.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
finally got the old japan exclusive colors only for them to introduce more lol

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Reading the patch notes I'm happy. Vega's LP got a buff in that he now can transform his fists into bear paws. I'm a Vega main but surely this is rather broken.

Vega_what.PNG

I mean I was hoping for wakeup or corner options but surely a bear transformation will do as well.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I've finished every trial except 9. I'm fucking up on the ball movement somehow.

EEK @ Seth's 3000 hit high IQ combos doing no damage. You might as well stick with someone braindead.

BrunOz

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
why is seth head so small on his nostalgia costume?

lmao I can't stop laughing at him walking forward against dummy ryu.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Another blonde, but swimsuit Seth looks pretty great. I dig the color scheme and the matte black parts.

bQ3wNJU.gif

Also a detail but I love their expression at the end when they emphasize the word Seth.

EEK @ Seth's 3000 hit high IQ combos doing no damage. You might as well stick with someone braindead.
You can still pull of some relatively long and flashy combos if you activate VT1 in advance, plus there won't be so much scaling to screw up your damage. A long 2 bar combo which uses VT twice can easily do 450 damage.

The VT1 bar also empties rather slowly and you can actually use it thrice and still have a little bit of bar left. So it's quite forgiving in that regard.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
why is seth head so small on his nostalgia costume?

lmao I can't stop laughing at him walking forward against dummy ryu.
Because they had to try and put a male body on a female rig. It looks REALLY strange. I thinks we've talked about it here before. He looks tiny.
Another blonde, but swimsuit Seth looks pretty great. I dig the color scheme and the matte black parts.

bQ3wNJU.gif

Also a detail but I love their expression at the end when they emphasize the word Seth.

You can still pull of some relatively long and flashy combos if you activate VT1 in advance, plus there won't be so much scaling to screw up your damage. A long 2 bar combo which uses VT twice can easily do 450 damage.

The VT1 bar also empties rather slowly and you can actually use it thrice and still have a little bit of bar left. So it's quite forgiving in that regard.
Ah. Still playing with her in training mode, but she still seems high effort in a game that traditionally isn't. It's always weird when that happens.