• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Do people use the lobbies in this game, or is everybody playing Ranked/Casual via matchmaking?

I miss the days of having a 24/7 lobby/stream to play and hang out in. It built a community in SFIV. Considering setting one up.

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
Another blonde, but swimsuit Seth looks pretty great. I dig the color scheme and the matte black parts.

bQ3wNJU.gif

Also a detail but I love their expression at the end when they emphasize the word Seth.
I wasn't really feeling the swimsuit costume, but this does look pretty good without the coat and shades.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Do people use the lobbies in this game, or is everybody playing Ranked/Casual via matchmaking?

I miss the days of having a 24/7 lobby/stream to play and hang out in. It built a community in SFIV. Considering setting one up.
If you create a lobby, you'll probably get people joining fairly soon. But yeh, I think most people play Ranked/Casual.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
If you create a lobby, you'll probably get people joining fairly soon. But yeh, I think most people play Ranked/Casual.

I think I'm going to leave one up and see what happens. I can use the PS4 to host and join on PC.

Would it be necessary to have CE on the console hosting the lobby, or will it still display all of the DLC that people own? I'm assuming I just wouldn't be able to use the DLC on that console, which is fine because it's only being used to host a lobby.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seth is fucking fun. And as far as I'm concerned swimsuit color 10 is literally the only color you can use.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Ah. Still playing with her in training mode, but she still seems high effort in a game that traditionally isn't. It's always weird when that happens.
Seth is very similar to Gill in how they look like crazy unga bunga characters but that stuff is actually limited entirely to the VTs. There is still cool stuff possible outside of VT, but it's actually somewhat disappointing you can't follow-up the QCB+K special with something else for example, Old Zeku style.

Anyway, here's is a 435 damage combo with VT1 activated in advance:

You can see how much VT bar there's left. You can also swap the DP with Ex Hecatoncheires + VT follow-up for roughly the same damage and a double side switch.

Seth is fucking fun. And as far as I'm concerned swimsuit color 10 is literally the only color you can use.
That color scheme kind of reminds me of the Joker...

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Seth st.mk being high af and sweep hitting characters in the chest...I'm disoriented.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Seth can get crMP off of a counter-hit crouching jab, which can then link to their MP > HP target combo into whatever for some pretty nasty, all from a 3f normal.

Their pressure seems really good, especially considering the standing low and overhead they have as mixup options. Kinda lacking a shake-n-bake oki button on the level of Akuma's crHP, but hey at least they can end both their combos and blockstrings with advantage regardless of spacing.

Oct 25, 2017
Seth can get crMP off of a counter-hit crouching jab, which can then link to their MP > HP target combo into whatever for some pretty nasty, all from a 3f normal.

Their pressure seems really good, especially considering the standing low and overhead they have as mixup options. Kinda lacking a shake-n-bake oki button on the level of Akuma's crHP, but hey at least they can end both their combos and blockstrings with advantage regardless of spacing.
What strings are you using that end at advantage?

I love the first day of a new character. So many gimmicks and fuckery to take advantage of.

Edit: blockstrings I mean

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Seth's story kinda reconfirms what was hinted at in Bison's story by implying he killed Bison's old body from SFII/IV and is the reason he has a new body. Did Juri kill Seth though?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 and it could just be me, but Seth doesn't seem all that good. Entertaining, but I wouldn't know if much else yet.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like she has far reaching buttons that are cancellable, corner to corner combos, good meaties that are plus, high dmg and stun. She seems pretty strong. The only caveat is you'll need a lot of character specific knowledge.

Oct 25, 2017
Too early for me to be saying low-tier, but it does seem like more effort is needed than what should be the case.

And I'm still accrediting what happened then to Nauman more than to Sakura (I can at least say that she's isn't terrible now). :P
I mean of course no one is gonna know this early, but I started out 1-10 with her and now I'm 31-20, so take that how you will.

I think I've only ran in to one other person that's using vskill 2. Not sure which is better, but I've certainly played better with vs2. Started to really like VT2 too, but I'm still doing better with VT1

Edit: and my execution is not great at all, but I don't think her stuff is all that hard to do. It just looks insane.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I mean of course no one is gonna know this early, but I started out 1-10 with her and now I'm 31-20, so take that how you will.

I think I've only ran in to one other person that's using vskill 2. Not sure which is better, but I've certainly played better with vs2. Started to really like VT2 too, but I'm still doing better with VT1
Usefulness of VS1 is entirely dependent upon the match-up. Pretty much all the ones I've seen went with VT1.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm likely a putz for even asking and hoping for this to be the case, but is this physical release actually inclusive of any updates over vanilla SFV, or is it the typical base disc+DLC code?

For just $5 more, I'd buy the disc version if it was a relatively updated version of the game, but I already do have vanilla SFV...

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's entirely dependent on the matchup. I think some will just like using vs1 to keep opponents close and go for mix-ups/resets.
Plausible. Enough reason for me to only bother with VS1 regardless of what move it gains with absorption (I admittedly haven't bothered with VS2 outside of training).
I'm likely a putz for even asking and hoping for this to be the case, but is this physical release actually inclusive of any updates over vanilla SFV, or is it the typical base disc+DLC code?

For just $5 more, I'd buy the disc version if it was a relatively updated version of the game, but I already do have vanilla SFV...
Base disc and voucher again.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
925 health is rough for seth, but i am sure that if he turns out to have massive problems they will buff it up to 950.

also here i am sitting at work being unable to think about anything other than wanting to play seth :(

also seems like he might struggle a bit against zoners. like i don't know yet how you will beat poison with him. not looking forward to figure that mu out :p

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
My brain keeps expecting
Dio, dmitri, makoto and Rufus as final 4 characters @_@
Capcpom you clever bastards you xp

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing, we don't know yet. That image is from seth sfv arcade ending, but at the end of his character story is implied that he absorbed the remains of Bison psycho power alongside bison's personality

The arcade endings are likely not canon. They range from being absurdly goofy to almost nonsensical. I wouldn't take any of them as a sign of what's to come for SF6.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how to control VT2, haha.

コスチューム | セス | キャラクターデータ | CAPCOM:シャドルー格闘家研究所

様々なファイターの必殺技を繰り出しつつ、特徴的なVスキルで多彩な攻撃をするキャラクターだ。VスキルⅠの「丹田エンジン」は相手の技を使う事ができるようになり、VスキルⅡの「丹田ブースター」は自身の必殺技を更に強化するので、選択したVスキルによって戦法が大きく変化するぞ!

They have a ton of unexpectedly colorful but cool colors.

Edit:

011.png

Mahvel, baybee!
This color is fucking clean

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Seth? Looks fun!

Netcode improvements next week? How exciting!

Brand new SFV icon for PS4? OH WOW THANK YOU CAPGOD THIS IS BEYOND MY WILDEST HOPES AND DREAMS I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING

Hello OT, I've missed you

Village

Oct 25, 2017

Just when i thought we were moving over Bison Capcom finds a way to bring the character to the post-SF3 cannon. Guess he will never really die lol

Crossposting from the Seth reveal thread. These are early Seth designs that are quite different than what we wound up with:

49526927672_e4349bf8f1_h.jpg
49526192443_ee73109605_h.jpg

49526927737_fd800fb54f_h.jpg

More concept art and info here.
FANG should have been sleved weaponed marry poppins and now i'm sad fang exists. Well, more sad

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
What strings are you using that end at advantage?

I love the first day of a new character. So many gimmicks and fuckery to take advantage of.

Edit: blockstrings I mean

Sorry, missed this earlier! If you cancel into HK Cruel Disaster or properly-spaced HP Hecatoncheires, you end up at the perfect range to fish for crMP or f+HP pokes. Additionally, while in VT1 the followup tp Hecatoncheires puts you point-blank at +2, so if your back is up against the wall all you need is to land a crLP and BOOM, they're in the corner at disadvantage.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I still haven't finished downloading the ridiculous update file. Does the costume code do anything on any of the others besides the swimsuit?

The code doesn't work on:
Default Costumes
Story Costumes
Battle Costumes
Costumes from Menat's Fortune Readings
I think some of the earliest DLC didn't have a code either