• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
Now that I think about it. It feels like they did miss the boat with a UI refresh. I would have like to have
selectable options to give my eyes a rest from all the gold.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So we still get them preorder theme and color until 2/27 for digital version? Is that only for the full version and not the update?

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Crossposting from the Seth reveal thread. These are early Seth designs that are quite different than what we wound up with:

49526927672_e4349bf8f1_h.jpg
49526192443_ee73109605_h.jpg

49526927737_fd800fb54f_h.jpg

More concept art and info here.

The second one looks like they placed the head of anime waifu bot on one of Seth's bodies.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
Bring back the OG CSS theme, you cowards

SFIV's OG CSS theme is my all-time favorite as far as CSSs go:

Especially when you know the cheesy lyrics behind it, it gets you pretty pumped up to fight:

IN-DE-STRUC-TI-BLE
I won't let nobody break me down
IN-DE-STRUC-TI-BLE
Nothings gonna stop me now
IN-DE-STRUC-TI-BLE
Gonna, gonna make, gonna keep on going
IN-DE-STRUC-TI-BLE
The last man standing

I'm ready for whatever
I'm never giving up
Nothing can break my spirit
Cuz it's IN-DE-STRUC-TI-BLE

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, took about 2 years off and haven't read played since 2018. Guess it's bout that time tho...

I'm legit dreading what the competition is like now.
Also, is Ryu still not worth the effort? Thinking of maining Sakura...

bazzi

Dec 19, 2017
Top-tier definitely seems like overstating things. I'm waiting to see how effective people will be at getting in, though using the vacuum on VS1 instead of always going for the skill absorption will be something at least.
around high tier means from mid to top, just saying they're atleast def not near low

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I don't know why any Seth would use VS1 when VS2 is right there. Get that gimmicky power steal out of here.

A Seth VS1'd my Laura last night and had no idea how to use the thunder clap, so I just jumped on their head while they charged it up.

VS2 being BOTH a command dash and a power-up for special moves is too good, especially combined with VT1.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That story of Seth was not what I was expecting. Really weird fate that makes me pity them when compared to how powerful their presence was in 4.

Hopefully whatever this is doesn't mean Bison in SF6. I grew to despise Bison in every game he appears in (I love the movie Bison and the cartoon one though).

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
This is probably going to get made fun of but...what's the first few steps to "getting good" at Street Fighter V? With a roster this big and so many options, I'm having a crisis of choice just booting this thing up.

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably going to get made fun of but...what's the first few steps to "getting good" at Street Fighter V? With a roster this big and so many options, I'm having a crisis of choice just booting this thing up.
Pick a character you like the look of and learn their normals and specials and try some trials. Maybe try a bunch of trials until you find a character you click with

If you go online just record and learn from your matches.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why any Seth would use VS1 when VS2 is right there. Get that gimmicky power steal out of here.

A Seth VS1'd my Laura last night and had no idea how to use the thunder clap, so I just jumped on their head while they charged it up.

VS2 being BOTH a command dash and a power-up for special moves is too good, especially combined with VT1.
Yeah I personally use VS2 almost every match. VS1 seems to be an ok footsie tool though. But if they block the suck in, you're -2. Also that shit has a long recovery, so you're vulnerable to jump ins. But I guess that's like any fireball. I think I'll play with VS1 exclusively today and see how I feel about it.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

Absolutely don't fall into the trap of trying to start off learning combos and the flashy stuff first. Depending on how new you are to the genre, learning how to do special move inputs is important, but other than, just try different characters to see who you like, and try to learn basic stuff, so like, what move is good against people jumping at you, which move has good range etc.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
So they never brought back Dee Jay huh? I know he wasn't in the silhouettee of fighters they hinted at years back.... but I hoped they would somehow bring him back. Oh well. Another year of Necalli it is.

Oct 25, 2017
Other than finding a character you want to play, I think the most important first step to getting good at ANY fighting game is learning how to block. If you can't block, you probably can't play. Unfortunately, this is usually a boring part of learning fighters for most people. Anytime I've tried to teach my friends that wanted to learn fighting games, they usually gave up at this first step. But if you just want to dick around in training mode and learn some moves and try to apply it online, go for it.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
Capcom removed almost all of the DLC bundles from the stores:

store.steampowered.com

Save 50% on Street Fighter V on Steam

Experience the intensity of head-to-head battles with Street Fighter® V! Choose from 16 iconic characters, then battle against friends online or offline with a robust variety of match options.

The only things left are the OSTs and character season passes. Speaking of, a Season 4 pass is now available in place of the Summer 2019 bundle. I think it's a fantastic move, as leaving the DLC bundles up was redundant and just made the game look way more expensive than it is.

The only thing I wonder is if they'll ever make the Fighting Chance stuff available for purchase, or if they're just leaving it as is since it's really the only thing left to spend FM on if you get CE.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm going to say that Seth is probably my favorite Street Fighter character at this point. She's surpassed Juri and Viper and Cammy and Decapre for me now.

They did an amazing job and I think I'll be using her for the duration of this game's lifespan. I can't believe I'm saying this.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone please explain the ranked points system for me please?
I win a match against someone like 300 points lower, and I get like 30 points. i lose to someone 1,000 higher and I lose/they gain 55+.
What even is that?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I thought nobody would use Nostalgia Seth, but I've seen quite a few of them in the online matches I watched. It also leads the costume chart in the shop currently.

Oct 25, 2017
I win a match against someone like 300 points lower, and I get like 30 points. i lose to someone 1,000 higher and I lose/they gain 55+.
What even is that?
I wouldn't question it too much lol. I don't even take the shit all that seriously otherwise I'd be losing my mind. I just tanked my rank from master to almost super diamond playing Seth and Gill the last two days. It's been mostly Gill though. I just can't play with characters that have no reversal.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Was there clarification over what kind of netcode fix is coming next week? Is rollback a possibility?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
What even is that?
If you win or lose to someone of similar rank/LP, you should both win/lose the same amount of points. If you lose to someone lower than you, you should lose more points than you'd gain if you win (and they would gain more points if they win than they would if they lose). In other words, you should get more points for winning against a higher rank person than against someone lower ranked, while if you lose to someone lower ranked, you should lose more than if you lost to someone higher ranked. That could change depending on what your rank is, I dunno. That seems to be how it is where I am (Gold).

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
damn, wreaking havoc online with seth. finally started to click about a few hours ago :p really really fun

level 32 already. his titles are pretty cool "king of the puppets"

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Was there clarification over what kind of netcode fix is coming next week? Is rollback a possibility?
It has always been rollback. It's just buggy where sometimes one player experiences all the lag and the other coasts by as if was all good on his end lol. Matchmaking also doesn't work correctly, or at least the game is extremely lenient with what it considers to be a five-bar (max quality) connection sometimes. If they can fix both of these things, that's good enough for me.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
online really has become seth central. like i have played against maybe 3 other chars the whole day. feels like this is the most played dlc char ever on release