• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Default Seth, color 14 is my choice, Nostalgia Seth looks horrible..
I will probably rotate through default 13 and EX8, Story 4, Battle 5 and 11, and Swimsuit 1 (costume code).

Seth has really good costumes all-around... except for Nostalgia. I don't know why people apparently like it so much. Even if you're actually nostalgic for SF4 Seth, it just doesn't look good on SFV Seth's frame.

Oct 25, 2017
So I think vs2 is definitely the one for me. I just feel naked without it. Vs1 is a lot of fun though against fireball happy people. You either trade with the fireball and you are positive enough to still combo or you did it early enough that it goes through you. I've also realized that cr.HK is a pretty good button. It would be a nightmare crush counter

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
i've been using the yellow Bison costume for Seth.
I'm in the 'was excited for IV Seth, but he looks dumb here' group. I do like how the costume code is one of his alts from IV though.
The yellow swimsuit with purple hair looks great, but like with most colours on this, the third colour (olive in this case) completely ruins it.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
The Nostalgia Seth looks really off. The upper body and head look so small and weird.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
The skeletal rig of Seth is based off of female proportions. So, yeah. Slapping a male model onto it is going to be very noticeable. Would people be okay with kind of semi-echo character correctly proportioned male Seth if they kept the hitboxes the same? I don't know how much visual jank it'd end up causing.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
q1LV2Y0.png

rude

Oct 25, 2017
online really has become seth central. like i have played against maybe 3 other chars the whole day. feels like this is the most played dlc char ever on release
I didn't start playing his game until Abigail released, but Seth and Kage both feel like the most prevalent DLC usage (on release) during my time playing.

I noticed Gill had a tepid reaction though; didn't see that much of him in casuals. Think I've only played a handful in ranked as well.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So far Lucia has been the only DLC character to grab the top usage spot in the month she was released. Though she came out early in the month, while characters like Kage and Gill, and now Seth, were released a bit later. So it's not a completely fair comparison perhaps.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Possibly: Sodom, Oro, Q, Eagle, Maki, Sean
No way: Juni, Juli, Necro, Remy, Twelve, Ingrid

myco666

Oct 26, 2017
Fake Europe
Can someone please explain the ranked points system for me please?
I win a match against someone like 300 points lower, and I get like 30 points. i lose to someone 1,000 higher and I lose/they gain 55+.
What even is that?

Lose against someone with 100k more points, lose 55 points. Win someone with 1k less points, get 55 points. Seems fair to me.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
I can't see Q returning as long as G's still a thing, tbh. G is like a refined version of Q in both gameplay and general design; unless they're really desperate for more charge characters for whatever reason, they'll probs just give G a Q costume again.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation blog confirms Capcom sees G as SFV's boss.

This is also final confirmation than Necalli is never going to be seen again.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation blog confirms Capcom sees G as SFV's boss.

This is also final confirmation than Necalli is never going to be seen again.

Forgetting about Necalli and quietly replacing him with G as SFV's boss is probably the best thing they could do lol

rude

Oct 25, 2017
It's time to stop besmirching FANG. Is he ugly? Yes. Does every single design element (character design, move set, animation) come together to form a unique and cohesive character? Absolutely. Same goes for Abigail, who's also shit on a lot. They have so much personality and love put into them that it's hard for me to hate them.

The same can't be said for someone like Rufus. Seth was also a hodgepodge of bad ideas before SFV. Necalli is just bland; he needs a Seth-level reboot of a design.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
It's time to stop besmirching FANG. Is he ugly? Yes. Does every single design element (character design, move set, animation) come together to form a unique and cohesive character? Absolutely. Same goes for Abigail, who's also shit on a lot. They have so much personality and love put into them that it's hard for me to hate them.

The same can't be said for someone like Rufus. Seth was also a hodgepodge of bad ideas before SFV. Necalli is just bland; he needs a Seth-level reboot of a design.
Well yeah cause you actually think about the overall presentation and judge them on what they're supposed to be like as characters.

If I did that, I wouldn't want a Gorilla. But I do. Fuck it, just make SF6 the Bloody Roar we never got and add all sorts of animals.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
I wanna see Sodom more than anyone, either in 5 or 6. I'd also like to see D.D., Rook and Avel.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Want to finally get into the new update but my Steam install got deleted instead of updated. What gives? Have to download the whole game again.

Bob_Coffee

Oct 25, 2017
picked up the physical ps4 SFV champ edition disk, and they cheaped out and did a voucher + what i assume is the base version on disk?

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Seth is actually fun to use.

Never thought I'd say that, especially for Seth, of all characters.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

Take your bets on who'll come back for SF6

I'd like Oro, Sodom and Eagle to definitely return, love their character design and move sets. In the unlikely chance Capcom dare to move on beyond SFIII, lets get Sean back since he should be stronger/more skilled (and hey, they can get rid of Ken while they are at it, no need to have both in the game!)
Twelve might be interesting if they can figure out how to implement the transformation mechanic somehow... But really I was never a fan of him aside from his awesome animations. Not sure I really want Q back if it means G would be gone, while I prefer Q's design, I love G's wacky personality (and vastly prefer how G plays)

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I'd like Lee from SF1 since his move set is apparently Bajiquan+Drunken Boxing now.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
I'd love Necro to return for SF6. He'd play pretty differently I guess but his long limbs would likely fare better in a game with no universal parry.

I'd actually like to see 3rd Strike's mid-stun free-juggle state return. It was cool to see players use their awareness and situational knowledge to pull off some stylish antics. I wouldnt even mind it the damage scaling were so severe it was only useful for meter building (plus invaluable style points).

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
I5 7400 and gfx 1060 and game only runs smooth at very low with 60% resolution. Disappointed with the PC performance