• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I'm such a sucker for costumes and colors (though, sorry, USFIV will always be unbeatable in that respect), I'm obviously back after a pretty long SFV hiatus.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
My set up while my house is being remodeled. And it's STILL a wired set up.

EQt-HkNUYAIm8WL
Yet some people go:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I have a gtx 970m, i7-6700hq cpu and the gsme runs fine on it
I edited a file to disable morion blur too.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably going to get made fun of but...what's the first few steps to "getting good" at Street Fighter V? With a roster this big and so many options, I'm having a crisis of choice just booting this thing up.
finding people to play with is really important, whether in person or online, find someone that will help you learn the game

find what you like about the game and focus on that a lot, because fighting games can be intense, staying motivated is important

remember that losing is natural and expected, focus on learning things and not on winning or losing

have fun, fighting games are games, so have fun

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
After using Blanka for a while, I come to realize most people don't know what blanka does. V trigger blanka rolls catch a lot of people off guard when they fireball.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
After using Blanka for a while, I come to realize most people don't know what blanka does. V trigger blanka rolls catch a lot of people off guard when they fireball.
Sounds like SFIV all over again. For low rank, I'd use EX Blanka balls to catch people off guard all day every day. Felt good.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
What does it do?

Blanka is in the bottom 3 in terms of character usage. It's rare you fight him in Ranked.
Its like an ex but its projectile invincible so fireball spammers get knocked up. Im only checking him because of vskill2 but i hear his rolls did get buffed on blocked.
Sounds like SFIV all over again. For low rank, I'd use EX Blanka balls to catch people off guard all day every day. Felt good.
I thought about using him for ranked but while trying him out in casual, i have gotten 5 disconnects already. I think 3 from the same person.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Seth is pretty cool but he doesn't hold a candle to SFIV Seth for me. Still pretty fun though, I like his v-skill 1 a lot more.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
So given that CE gives you all unlockable colours, does that mean the Trophy/Achievement for unlocking a new colour is impossible to get now?

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pray Seth ain't the last character? 🤷🏿‍♂️
I hope this game has more than one year left in it. with the upcoming updated net code and really nice balance right now this game is imo the best it has ever been and is an absolute blast to play. throwing all that away to go through the growing pains of a new game release already would be a shame

Last edited:

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
I hope this game has more than one year left in it. with the updated netz code and really nice balance right now this game is imo the best it has ever been and is an absolute blast to play. throwing all that away to go through the growing pains of a new game release alreaddy would be a shame

Me too. Plus a few characters if not a season's worth.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Me too. Plus a few characters if not a season's worth.
Let's be honest, would you rather have Makoto crammed into the tail-end of SFV's life or help kick-start SFVI's life & be played for longer? Either way, most signs point to Seth being it for SFV, so.......yeah.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
A netcode fix would be awesome, and would be great to keep the game alive online longer.

However, I don't want to see a new season of characters unless they're super deep cuts that would probably not get into the series otherwise.

Popular characters being released at the very end of the game's active life would kinda suck for fans of those characters.

If a new season was releasing soon, I might have felt otherwise, but we're looking at post-olympics at the earliest. Save the goods for SF6.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
A netcode fix would be awesome, and would be great to keep the game alive online longer.

However, I don't want to see a new season of characters unless they're super deep cuts that would probably not get into the series otherwise.

Popular character being released at the very end of the game's active life would kinda suck for fans of those characters.

If a new season was releasing soon, I might have felt otherwise, but we're looking at post-olympics at the earliest. Save the goods for SF6.
Olympics aside, it really does seem like Capcom is sunsetting SFV between Extra Battle & Fighting Chance not offering anymore new costumes (& even restarting their cycles). I'm honestly surprised that they bothered to update the netcode, but I guess they had to with the online tournaments coming up.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
With how 100% that leaker has been especially with Gill and Seth I dont think its the end support wise. Seems like we will get a PS5 version with probably 4 news characters. I think support will probably end after 2021. I dont expect SF6 until 2022

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Let's be honest, would you rather have Makoto crammed into the tail-end of SFV's life or help kick-start SFVI's life & be played for longer? Either way, most signs point to Seth being it for SFV, so.......yeah.

Luckily, I don't want Makoto! Keep her for SF6. Sodom isn't that popular and I'd love to see him in SFV. The gorilla, Oro and some other unexpected characters would be great.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
With how 100% that leaker has been especially with Gill and Seth I dont think its the end support wise. Seems like we will get a PS5 version with probably 4 news characters. I think support will probably end after 2021. I dont expect SF6 until 2022
Wasn't he wrong about the Oro/Rose/Decapre thing? Plus it could just be a port of SFV at the launch of the PS5 with SFVI not too long after. And even then, what's the point of a PS5 port when you can just use the existing PS4 disc & release a PS5-specific 4K performance patch?

Either way, you'd think that there'd still be auto-qualification if SFV was still gonna be played next year.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm gonna stick with Seth being the end of the road for SFV regarding characters, with the remaining SFV content being another balance patch & one more CPT Premier Pack.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Man really sucked back in thanks to CE. Bought it on PC so I have a new account. Im a forever Bronze but have been doing well with Sakura. 27-11 in ranked somehow lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm bad at fighting games and haven't played since SF4 but this looks good to me now. Which character has the fewest movesets for dummies? I primarily used Blanka in SF4.