• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
kych6v9p3xw71.jpg

December 9th, includes every character in the game including the latest season.

As usual, it's the base game + voucher codes.

Bulerias

Oct 26, 2017
Minneapolis, MN
As someone who jumped ship amidst initial concerns regarding there not being much content at launch, is there a general consensus for how the game turned out with all the post-launch support? Thinking of jumping back...

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
How many posts until "remember when capcom said there wouldn't be multiple versions hurr durr"

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who jumped ship amidst initial concerns regarding there not being much content at launch, is there a general consensus for how the game turned out with all the post-launch support? Thinking of jumping back...
It is excellent.

Tons of content if you want SP experience and if MP then there is tons there too.

The CE version has over 200+ skins and over 40 fighters if I remember right. There are also the free updates like 5 arcade routes for SP each with their own ending, MK style story mode and individual story mode for each character.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017

It's probably one of the best current fighting games, and that's coming from me who thought the launch was terrible. They did well in fixing the issues people had.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
If content was your main concern, then no need to worry. The game is pretty packed with characters, stages, costumes, trials, etc...

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This game is great, better than ever.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Pity its just another voucher. This was the last chance to get a full on disc version of the game... oh well.

Vastly better. Character roster is large and varied, some nice single player stuff (though arguably not as good as other games) and the one thing that's the most important - the gameplay/combat itself is absolutely excellent. They've added/tweaked a few mechanics that make things way more entertaining as of the last season or two.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
FDF2tvnaIAAIGxg

I wish they could just add two more characters just for Perfect Symmetry

Game is a heckuva lot more meaty than launch with multiple Arcade Routes to battle through and a lot more variety in battles due to the giant roster now. A lot more stage to play on as well for visual variety to. The Music was always great and still remains great (Except for Juri's Theme) The netcode is... passable. But the player base is healthy so you will be able to find matches without issue online. They added in a couple more mechanics for battling as well. Every character has 2 V-Skills and 2 V-Triggers now, as well as V-Shifts for more defensive options to spend your V Gauge on too.

I'd give it a good recommendation, especially a package like this that has just about every piece of content in the game with it (I dunno if it has the Capcom Pro Tour costumes or the Fighting Chance ones).

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
And still no PS5 version up to 120fps or 4k etc. One of the most bungled PS4 games for sure.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
On top of the Characters does it also include the locked Maps, Skins & Color Palettes? If so I assume it doesn't for the time-sensitive ones that weren't made available for ever

Also that's a really ugly cover lol

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
FYI, as is the case with these final releases this will be the last year or so before SF6 is released. If you want to play SFV the sooner the better. By the time SF6 releases in late 2022 or early 2023 (which I think is the realistic release date) the matchmaking will be ghost town.

Edit: Well except for the 100 or so hardcore players that will keep playing it. But you probably wouldn't want to play those folks as a brand new player.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Would be cool if I could find this on sale at some point cheaper than it would cost me to pick up the rest of the DLC at least.

daase ko

Oct 26, 2017

I played it recently, wanted to check a little thing and learned they put more combo opportunities, with Chun li at least.
With the champion edition, the stage select is no longer a locked galore and there's lot of characters, I even have a locked Eleven on th right, don't know what he's doing here...
Problem is that was between lot of third strike sessions...
I already wasn't passionate about it but now I was also striked by how slow it is.
And the clay style...

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
Wish it was an upgraded PS5 version. but I guess this is good for those who haven't already picked up the game and are looking for an all in one package. Season 5 is the best the game has ever been. The game started off rough, but despite its technical issues, SFV is one of the funnest Street Fighters to play.

This game is great, better than ever.

Low health Daigo is possibly the most dangerous low health Boss in fighting games ever. He's done this time and time again to the best around. Never ceases to amaze. Legend.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Too bad this is still unplayable in my region. Let's hope they put a real budget for the netcode in the sequel.

GekigangerV

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting that Capcom's official website for the All Character Pack (https://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/product.html#allCharacter) let's you know that you can get the Championship Edition + Season V Premium Pass which is almost the same content (minus some wallpapers) on PS4/5 and Steam and it is currently CHEAPER than Pack (6000 yen).

The Japanese PSN store has the bundle for 4700 yen now (https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0102-CUSA02102_00-SFVCES5PPBUND000) and I believe Steam has it at 4800 yen now. Since the content is mostly DLC codes anyways there really is no point to wait for the bundle to come out and you can save some money at while you are at it.

Also, that cover looks like someone copied Shinkiro's style (most notable the overwhelming orange-ish background hue) using the in-game models.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Let me put it this way. if

It's such a character and gameplay systems -rich game, You could spend 20 years mastering every single character.

Truly, I would be ecstatic with having 12 characters in a fighting game with the kind of diversity of play games like Street Fighter, Guilty Gears or Killer Instinct provide.

Having a ton of copy/paste characters is not the goal. The goal is characters with truly different normal moves and truly different gameplays.

But yeah, lots and lots of single player content is in now. The game never played better.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
They're buttering us up for when Luke is front and center on the cover of Street Fighter 6. Good looks, Capking. More blondes please