• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
At the moment people are shitting on Capcom for the default netcode (while praising this seemingly ever-growing fan-created shitshow), but this right here is the mark of true incompetence. People are hacking the game to their heart's content and Capcom is just washing their hands off it lol.
No argument here. It's why I wouldn't blame Capcom at all if their only action in the immediate future was to just block out this sort of mod and nothing more.

It's kind of an incredible vulnerability for the game. It's one thing for modders to take a crack at improving the game's functionality, but the floodgates are sort of open for people to fuck with the game for less altruistic purposes.

Last edited:

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
They said stuff like this since 2016. Hell, when one of the community members was hired at Capcom (Michael... .? Don't remember his last name, sorry), he was all about "Yeah communication will be better now", and nothing changed lol.

Nothings going to change at the end of the day if the people signing your paychecks tell you exactly what to say and when youre allowed to say it.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No argument here. It's why I wouldn't blame Capcom at all if their only action in the immediate future was to just block out this sort of mod and nothing more.

It's kind if an incredible vulnerability for the game. It's one thing for modders to take a crack at improving the game's functionality, but the floodgates are sort of open for people to fuck with the game for less altruistic purposes.
Honestly I'm not convinced r/kappa troll Altimor didn't release this shit partly to just fuck with the game. He released his hack with the source code included so that anyone can modify the netcode however they wish. You have to be brainless to not realize this isn't a good thing to do.

Now I see Altimor on reddit disagreeing with the guys that made the newest mod about the settings they used lol. And apparently he will release an updated version of his own mod, and the other guys are also working on yet another version of their own mod.

Just nuke this fucking game from orbit. It's sad really. SFV was actually experiencing a wave of genuine, widespread positivity after the S5 balance patch dropped. Now it's the usual negative bullshit from four years ago again.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Barely related to the topic at hand but I absolutely agree.
I think these mod "fixes" have brought people back to the game to appreciate all the stuff thats in it. Ryu's Jin costume for example is fantastic. CE in general is a really great deal. SFV didn't run over my dog so I can appreciate what life is left in this game till the next one.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Can we get a thread title change or a new thread the next time a new mod gets added? Something along the lines of...

"SFV online shit show continues. Multiple mods degrading online experience. Capcom silent."

because it's all true.

shinbojan

Oct 27, 2017
I've tried this new mod for a few hours yesterday and it is not good.
The previous one was way better (played against the same people I've played before).

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
So how do the mods affect the PS4 version? And can you turn off cross-play if playing on console? I was looking forward to getting back into SF when the Champion Edition launches next month but I might cancel my pre-order if the online is broken.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
So how do the mods affect the PS4 version? And can you turn off cross-play if playing on console? I was looking forward to getting back into SF when the Champion Edition launches next month but I might cancel my pre-order if the online is broken.

You can disable crossplay, so you may as well just do that to save any hassle.
PS4 has the bigger playerbase too, I think, so you certainly won't have trouble finding matches.

Nocturno

Oct 27, 2017
Altimor's mod was too good to be true. Capcom is probably in "wait and see" mode.

I didn't even cared about xplay because of how good the experience was with the former mod.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Altimor's mod was too good to be true. Capcom is probably in "wait and see" mode.

I didn't even cared about xplay because of how good the experience was with the former mod.
I don't know that they can be in "wait and see" mode when the Olympics qualifiers are approximately 2 months away. Unless they really want this to be a mess and both a special opportunity for fighting games.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017

In response to a heart felt message about lack of communication and the uncertainty that these mods put on the community, Ono responds with... another cryptic tweet?

Your eyes are now wide open? What does he now understand? That mods can effect online play in a massive way or that people want better netcode?

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao whats with all the mods all of sudden. Its like some gold rush to become the first modder to "Fix SFV" and save the FGC.