• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Not sure I follow, is this an accidental leak?

There was a picture of a basketball with a cat on it on the hand fan given out to the winners of EVO, apparently and then Ono goes on to say that the guy who asked the question is like the only person in the world who noticed that and has asked him about it. He then asked the guy to keep it to himself.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Kolin's tournament outfit got the shit hair :/

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game is on sale for $7.99 this week. Is it basically too late to jump back in if you played before? With PS5 and Scarlett coming out next year, I feel like this is virtually the end of SFV.

I mean, it's very likely to be backwards compatible on the PS5 so it's not like you gotta leave it behind when you get the next console.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Flux u still playing? how's the meta now?
Well, nothing's changed since Season 4 began last December. The meta still favors the characters with powerful ground game and corner carry with EX reversals like Rashid, Karin, Akuma.

I've mostly been playing MK11 these days, but I'm getting back into SFV. It's rough playing with a character like Menat in this kind of game.

Izunavis

Oct 27, 2017
UK
10_cost02.jpg

Y'know, if in some crazy impossible way we get a Rival Schools character. I'll jump back on this game. 100%

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
PS5 release doesn't make sense?

It does, but it would have to be an "Ultimate Edition" that the BC owners would get a patch for. Companies are still gonna want to make money on backwards compatible games, so they're gonna have to repackage the games with enhancements and DLC. It can't just be a straight port, because everybody who owns the PS4 version won't have to buy it.

Laura and Cammy are actually good designs with real clothes on, who woulda thought

I woulda thought. I didn't have the proof before today, but I always believed.

Y'know, if in some crazy impossible way we get a Rival Schools character. I'll jump back on this game. 100%

What if I told you, there is a Rival Schools character playable in SFV...

Last edited:

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I think they all look great and thank goodness we got universal costumes again, even if it's just a 1 time thing. I kind of miss that aspect from the SF4 days.

And Bison still managed to look evil as hell even in a a track suit. Like he's the coach there encourages his athletes to use illegal substances.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Am I the only one who's surprised that Kolin got her SFIII hair? I was kinda expecting her to get the ponytail from her figure skater alt (the costume code, to be specific).

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Har har har.

I read Ono as Oro too, and was confused not seeing anything about him in there.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Well, nothing's changed since Season 4 began last December. The meta still favors the characters with powerful ground game and corner carry with EX reversals like Rashid, Karin, Akuma.

I've mostly been playing MK11 these days, but I'm getting back into SFV. It's rough playing with a character like Menat in this kind of game.
Ahh yeah I here that. Hopefully we get an update soon, I'm ready to jump back in but would like a different experience.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Surprisingly the characters showing the most of skin are not women, but Dhalsim and Blanka. Refreshing.

Rashid costume is hideous... Didn't recognize him...

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It's so weird to see Akuma wearing that, especially alongside all the others, hahah. "Mr. Murderous Rage Engine, could you please don this federation-approved attire?"

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's time to drop the numbered sequels and just do Street Fighter with quarterly or annual character/stage adds and regular updates/revisions as needed.
or just stick with the numbered entries but constantly update the base game and sell new characters/stages individually like they've been doing this gen

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It's time to drop the numbered sequels and just do Street Fighter with quarterly or annual character/stage adds and regular updates/revisions as needed.
It's not like we get multiple Street Fighter games per generation. It's been one SF game per generation with long-term support for a while. I'd imagine that they'll follow SFV's long-term DLC model (6 or so characters per season with balance patches, stages, & whatnot).

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Hold the fuck up! The costumes will be free! Damn! I was ready to pay for them, good on you Capcom.