• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
You know that 3 dotted lines that shows you that your playing on server side? I got that, and it wasn't that bad for a 3 bar connection. Faced him again and the connection went back to P2P with 5 bars and the connection quality was much better .On the other hand a default flag player with 4 bar connection using P2P connection was unbearable

e94eo.gif

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
I regret spending most of my fight money on stages. I could've had Season 2 and 3 for free if I had budgeted my money accordingly.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Stages are only good if your gonna be playing offline alot otherwise you will run into almost every stage online.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel this way, regarding Akuma, Ryu and Cammy's DLC stages in particular. Don't even like 'em but I bought them anyway since I have a lot of FM due to buying season passes, but lately I've been thinking that I should use that FM on season 4 and 5.

I also hate it when my opponent gets to choose the stage and of course their stage is something boring like the default waterfall, training stage or kanzuki's estate, da fuck did I waste my FM for?

GuileBootCamp

Oct 27, 2017
I've bought every DLC stage with real money and regret none of it. The remake stages have been amazing and I'll continue buying every damn one, especially ST and SFA2 stages.

In fact, I probably get more hyped for new stages on average than I do for new characters.

Fight money has been pretty much exclusively for story costumes, so far.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
testing

edit: the framerate was reduced /absolutelydisgusting

Getting decent powerups on the last few rounds obviously helps a lot, too. Extreme ended up taking me 3 honest tries once I stuck to the Sonic Cross spam gameplan.

Use the first 70-odd rounds to practice combo execution, for sanity's sake, if need be.

Other than that, stick to safe normals up close, and neutral jump heavies after any close knockdown.

The AI seems to have a hard time reading the input for an sweep done simultaneously from a crouch, too.

Also, watch out for the final time you fight Chun Li.

Probably gonna give this another couple of tries over the weekend; thanks again for the tips. Hoping I don't burn out on the mode before then.

Man, 60k away 1mil fight money. Anyone know normal mode survival cheese for the season 2 characters? I think I need Juri and Akuma too. Just tried with Ed and got the old "4 low health in a row" gag before Nash got me.

Juri - jump in w/cross up or meaty forward kick / roundhouse, standing jab, any strength Fuharenkyaku (QCF + K - scores knockdown, also works as close range anti-air too) - other option, follow the jab with EX Fuharenkyaku
- alternative (which I used far more often) - same, except use the Kyoretsushu target combo (medium punch, then hard punch holding back or forward, knocks opponent into the air) follow with normal/EX Tensenrin (DP motion + P)
- standing fierce and holding back roundhouse act as anti-airs; standing forward and crouching strong are great pokes, Kasatsushu (medium P+K) useful for wake-ups but don't rely on it
- holding forward + medium K is her overhead, use this and Ryodansatsu (QCB + K, EX also) sparingly after low pokes, standing Roundhouse also works for mid range poke but watch out for Gief's SPD vaccuum

Ed - BnB is probably gonna be a basic jump in (cross up or meaty) followed by standing jab, then Psycho Rising (K + K) making sure you follow with Psycho Splash (punch + EX version works great)
- if you get close, can try to poke with jabs into Psycho Flicker (tap P) to build stun quickly; Psycho Upper (P + P) works as close range GTFO move or finisher
- sometimes the AI gets stupid and stays open for a fully charged Psycho Knuckle (max hold Fierce punch), but your real workhorse is gonna be Psycho shot spam (forward + Medium punch, second punch atk)
- crouch Fierce punch is close range AA, standing jab or forward kick also works, both are great pokes; and crouch Roundhouse gets Ed closer to the opponent, while holding forward w/the button is a decent mid-screen attack

Same thing happened to me yesterday attempting normal with Nash. 3 lows in a row, died to Nash. For survival normal, I was able to breeze through with Zeku spamming his medium kick special. The AI just doesn't know how to deal with that special. Either they eat it or they block it and the push-back resets them for you to do it again. I need to give Zeku a shot on hard this weekend and see if that spam strat holds up on hard. Abigail is pretty easy as well; just spam command run into grab or back-flip if the AI starts neutral jump out of the grabs.

I gave survival extreme with my main Chun-Li one last try yesterday. I made it to stage 67 when Laura caught me in a command-grab. A couple of frames for I'd have been KO'ed, I get and accept a match.....only for the guy at the other end to time/cancel out the match, leaving me to die. >_<

Just about ready to give Zeku a try, saved him for the back of the pack... too many normals to try and memorize, lol. Abigail has some pretty great pokes to work with; I also liked using his medium strength Giant Flip (HCB + P) and Nitro Charge into Avalanche Press; his double jab combos are a lifesaver.

Figured I'd ask to anyone who's an Abigail player here - what's the point of the EX Abigail Smash? The medium strength one does more damage and stun, so I don't see the appeal...is it a known glitch or something?

WHY ARE YOU ALL PLAYING SURVIVAL EXTREME, THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF FIGHT MONEY TO GO AROUND IN SEASON 3!!!

Like Teh_Lurv said... we hate ourselves. Plus I've got a masochistic streak a mile wide. Years of obsessive behavior with games is not a good look, lol.

Last edited:

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So since we're approaching launch day and they've said nothing...I'm assuming no pro support.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
is it? i thought generally streams of games not officially released aren't allowed?
i might post this on r/streetfighter if that's not the case

edit: oh someone already posted

i think ryu vt2 is better than vt1 in all aspects, especially since trigger cancel combos have even more proration now

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely interested in seeing more detailed Cammy play. Really curious to see what her gameplan is now.

MCD250

Oct 27, 2017
The fuck. I didn't realize Birdie's new V-Trigger let him interact with his can and banana peel.

Definitely interested in seeing more detailed Cammy play. Really curious to see what her gameplan is now.
She's never been the type of character that you can play more than one way. The only question is how effectively can she be played that way. Like I've said, I suspect that she'll be maybe a little bit worse than she is now, but in the balance still more or less the same.

I'd also have to see what kind of stuff you can do with her new V-Trigger, but at the moment I'm inclined to think it probably isn't better than her old one.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
Cammy VT2 looking terrible so far geez.

EDIT: It bothers the shit outta me that they still haven't fixed Ken's hair clipping on the select screen...

Last edited:

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
How do you do fellow street fighters, I seem to be getting issues with either the SF5 server or my internet, all I get lately is 3 bar connections with the occasional 4 bar.

I tried setting up a static IP and opening some ports but that did jack. This started just this week and I dunno why, my internet works fine for everything else except this game.

Do you guys have some advice? Will Capcom buff my connection for AE?! I am on PC with a wired connection btw.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
i think ryu vt2 is better than vt1 in all aspects, especially since trigger cancel combos have even more proration now

VT1 received some pretty good buffs, but the short timer still kills it. It buffs his fireball and opens up new and more damaging combos in the corner. But zoning or pushing someone to the corner takes time and neither this VT or Ryu himself can try to force those things to happen.

VT2 isn't great either, but it does a better job of changing how people approach Ryu. It last a long time if you don't use it. If nothing else you can use it to just mess with your opponents head. With VT1, people just have to back off and jump a few fireballs and then it's gone.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
So I've devoted some time to getting FM today on my alt and I now realize the majority of the people bitching about this game have actually never played it. Almost 200k from just doing the BASE ROSTER story modes. I never realized that this game gave out FM so...exorbitantly. If literally anyone had bought the deluxe edition that'd been on sale since eighty times in the past three months they'd have enough for S3 and probably half of S4 just by doing character story mode + survival. And that's without general story or trials or normal survival.

Status
Not open for further replies.