• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Without any exaggeration, the online experience in sfv is actually worse than what youd find in a dreamcast game despite how slow internet was back then
giphy.gif

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Without any exaggeration, the online experience in sfv is actually worse than what youd find in a dreamcast game despite how slow internet was back then
Yeah blame the game for your worthless internet router. I hardly see anyone complaining about SFV's online experience tbh, but then I just remembered you're that same dude who was shitposting in this thread awhile back.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Urien getting 4 shoulder tackles in a combo is sexy

The two V-Triggers I thought would be useless (Ken and Menat) still don't look great after that video lol

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't see the value of Ken's at all. At least I could use Menat now without hours in training.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Zeku's VT2 looks so bad. The one positive is that you got a two button AA. The man it does pretty low damage and with the heavier scaling the damage is pretty much nothing. In fact his VT1 is also heavily affected by that as well.

On the other hand I'm really liking Akuma's VT2. It can power up his AA DP for 227 damage or a basic bnb into HK tatsu can do nearly 350+ damage. But I don't think we'll see it used that much since his VT1 is so good already and is better as a comeback. I think VT2 can excel as a defensive VT. I already have ideas of throwing 3 hit shaku's and having a chun react to it with her Super only for me to cancel into EX DP. If EX demon flip is fast enough to get me out then I can do the palm ender to recover faster and punish really hard.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
I guess it's a good time to get back into SFV. Anything on Vega's V2? I'm usually on with playing charge characters. Still would main Vega regardless. Though Guile seems like a good solid pick.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Help me spend my 70k fight money on a stage:

Flamenco Tavern
Suzaku Castle
Temple of Ascension
Sakura's Stage

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
It still blows my mind that people still don't understand that AE is a free update if you own the game already. People are legit bitching that they have to buy the game disk again for the upgrade, Jesus.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Zeku has it rough on both his VT. Still not convinced on Akuma's

Yeah the Netcode is bad, the Rift, Tony, GGPO blah blah blah, I would like to see a faster Matchmaking system. At average I can get 3 matches in Tekken 7 and MKX. But as for SFV it almost took me 12 minutes to find a match.

I exclude PS4 because of the sudden frame skipping I get because of the FPS drop. It feels like there is only 5 people in total when playing in Rank Diamond. Only about 40k of players are in Gold, 20k in Platinum and onward and there are players I've seen in in the leader board who've not touch the game since S2's release.

Arcade and SP modes are cute and all but when is the multiplayer getting out of beta?

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Help me spend my 70k fight money on a stage:

Flamenco Tavern
Suzaku Castle
Temple of Ascension
Sakura's Stage

Tavern or Sakura's.

Zeku has it rough on both his VT. Still not convinced on Akuma's

Yeah the Netcode is bad, the Rift, Tony, GGPO blah blah blah, I would like to see a faster Matchmaking system. At average I can get 3 matches in Tekken 7 and MKX. But as for SFV it almost took me 12 minutes to find a match.

I exclude PS4 because of the sudden frame skipping I get because of the FPS drop. It feels like there is only 5 people in total when playing in Rank Diamond. Only about 40k of players are in Gold, 20k in Platinum and onward and there are players I've seen in in the leader board who've not touch the game since S2's release.

Arcade and SP modes are cute and all but when is the multiplayer getting out of beta?

Do you activate crossplay with PS4 players?

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Damn didn't realize how much stun Boxer's command grab does. Not sure if it will be worth it over VT1 though. Liking Ed's and Abigail's VT2 as well.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Is there no way to see what the startup of a move is in that frame data display in AE training mode? Just seems to be total active frames and frame advantage/disadvantage.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Do you activate crossplay with PS4 players?

I have cross play deactivated. I don't want to deal with the random lag I get when facing PS4 players. When the PS4 gets fps, my FPS remains locked at 60fps which is why I see animation beings skipped on my screen. It's possible to get good matches between PS4 and PC, but I don't want to risk it. When playing on my alt account with cross play activated, I would see lag every time my opponent tries to mash out stun and it's not subtle. The jaguar CPU is trying to process all that input while also dealing with the netcode.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
The showcase was great, appreciate the breakdown of proper application for each one instead just blunting rushing through each one.
I like that the demonstration for Ken's starts with "don't use this shinryûken as an anti-air, it's ass".
Also, Laura's VT2 makes her a KOF96 character? Girl has good taste.
Can't wait to rock Laura VT2 for Sylish Dodging
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Status
Not open for further replies.