• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsl...rom-december-11-18-on-playstation-4-and-steam

We're hosting a free trial, which will begin on December 11 at 1pm PT (download begins at 9am PT) and will end on December 19 at 9:59am PT. For the trial on PlayStation 4, PlayStation Plus subscription is not required to download and take part, but is required to play online. For PC users, the Steam client is required to take part in the trial. All the initial content from the original Street Fighter V and the modes introduced in Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition are included for free during this time.

16 Characters – All 16 original characters are included in this free trial, including the legendary Ryu, Chun-Li, Ken, and M. Bison! This is also your chance to try out characters who are new to Street Fighter V like the electrifying Laura, nimble Rashid, and tricky F.A.N.G. As a bonus, three fan-favorite DLC characters will be available for free during this trial: Guile, Akuma, and Sagat! These three characters are only available in Ranked, Casual, Battle Lounge, Training, and Challenges.

They're throwing in the original 16 characters plus Guile, Akuma and Sagat. Not too shabby for a free trial.

Also uh there's gonna be optional opt-out "Sponsored Content" from now on.

So it's clear, you can turn all of this off, but if you enable it you can earn more Fight Money.

Sponsored Content will be introduced into Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition on December 11. Sponsored content will be displayed in several locations in-game to remind you about costumes, bundles, and the Capcom Pro Tour. When Sponsored Content is enabled, players can obtain additional Fight Money in Ranked and Casual Matches - these bonuses come with an upper limit. Here are the places where you will see Sponsored Content:

• Costumes: Ad Style – Every character will have an Ad Style costume where the sponsored content will appear somewhere on their clothing or model
  • Loading Ads – A sponsor will appear in the versus screen before a battle – this will not affect loading screen times
  • Stage Ads – Some tournament stages feature a sponsor like the Ring of Power
d205b3f1d67848b3067609d8962bd8e2.jpg

50ddd31ae01334d819ff2ddb557768c9.jpg

If you'd rather not see Sponsored Content, you can easily turn this feature off by going into Battle Settings, which will give you the following options:

• Sponsored Content Settings – Here, you can adjust the sponsored content settings. Turn sponsored content on to receive bonus Fight Money in Ranked and Casual Matches.
  • Sponsor Display – Turning the setting on allows you to access sponsored content such as Ad Style costumes.
  • Loading & Stage Ads – Selecting "on" gives you access to Stage and Loading Ads

Well that's something that Capcom has done.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Having ads for the CPT doesn't seem weird to me at all. Makes more sense than Red Bull ads or whatever.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's pretty gross that turning sponsored stuff off means you make less fight money. Not really a true 'choice' at that point.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
A Pro patch would actually get me to buy and play the game. Just saying. ;)

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like they're dipping their toes into making the game free to play. Which it probably should be. Fighting games need big player pools.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's Capcom advertising their own shit in their own game, I don't see what's wrong with this.

I'll enable it and earn more Fight Money /shrug.

I haven't played this game since Sagat came out. God the way I fell off compared to 4. I never would have imagined.

Sagat came out in August, like 4 months ago.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played this game since Sagat came out. God the way I fell off compared to 4. I never would have imagined.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Optional is the right choice. Feels like fighters, racing games, and other sports games can accommodate these marketing gimmicks as long as it remains optional.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like they're dipping their toes into making the game free to play. Which it probably should be. Fighting games need big player pools.

Every competitive facing, multiplayer heavy fighting game should be F2P/GaaS moving forward. Larger player pool and the economy of fighting games is built around regular patching, cosmetic DLC and character DLC.

Let games with huge budget SP content, like Injustice, be $60 releases since the online community dies on the vine a few months in anyway.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I actually really like the sponsored content idea. Id like to be able to choose sponsors. :p

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
It's pretty gross that turning sponsored stuff off means you make less fight money. Not really a true 'choice' at that point.

Youre clearly misinterpreting this. You dont make any less than youve always made for turning it off. You do however make more for turning it on. Just like the people who participate in weekly challenges make more than those who dont.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
... Depends on how much more FM I get for the ads. Not interested in using ad-plastered costumes either way, though (having it stack will be the only way to change my mind).

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
It's Capcom advertising their own shit in their own game, I don't see what's wrong with this.

I'll enable it and earn more Fight Money /shrug.

Sagat came out in August, like 4 months ago.
And? Not touching SF for that long for me is...something. Before that it was sporadic play at best. Point is it just didn't land right with me.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Youre clearly misinterpreting this. You dont make any less than youve always made for turning it off. You do however make more for turning it on. Just like the people who participate in weekly challenges make more than those who dont.

No, I got that. There's a difference between completing challenges to earn fight money and a paid game asking you to look at ads to earn fight money, imo.

Just super tacky. Just make the game full on free to play if you want to do this.

LuciusAxelrod

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, they've reduced fm payouts before, there's nothing stopping them fron doing it again.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I like the sponsored content, makes it feel more alive like a sporting event and it's nice to see visual changes.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
No, I got that. There's a difference between completing challenges to earn fight money and a paid game asking you to look at ads to earn fight money, imo.

Just super tacky. Just make the game full on free to play if you want to do this.

It's optional. Turn off the ads if it upsets you.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oh shit, for real!? I've been wanting to try SFV out for so long now, and just earlier today I was thinking of maybe buying the Arcade Edition for Christmas. I'd be so happy to give this a try first before doing that.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Damn, the costume ads look gross, but I don't mind the loading screen and stage ads.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty crazy. I'll try it out I guess.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty cool. Waiting for that season 4 info drop