• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I'm ok with everything except them just sticking on CPT logos on the model

Can you turn it off bit by bit or is it all in one

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
YongYea about to make an easy 500 dollars with this headline.

"Capcom puting ads into your game. Gamers are upset. Chaotic and predatory trend upcoming?"

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Don't mind the pre-fight and stage ads. You are currently only staring at empty space in case of the former, so you might as well make some extra FM by enabling them.

The character ads are horrible, though. I am not going to let them defile the costumes I paid actual money for just to earn extra in-game currency. The bonus will likely be pitiful anyway.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I mean, they've reduced fm payouts before, there's nothing stopping them fron doing it again.

They have. And when they did it they announced they were doing it and gave everyone plenty of warning when it was happening. And while it's not as significant as what they took away, they added other ways to earn it and beefed up the earnings in areas where it wasn't much before. If they were doing it again, it would be reflected in this announcement and it's not something they would just do without making it known.

Since it is not in this announcement, we can assume that has zero to do with the topic at hand and what has been announced, SFV will be free-to-play from Dec. 11-18.

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Can PC peeps mod it so that the ads, instead of CPT, are my avatar

Get hit with a two piece and a biscuit with the Gritty Hitty

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Tekken are the most likely to join in on this experiment.
:thinking:

tekken7-season2-tekken-world-tour-shirt-kazuya-Featured-Image.jpg

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I predicted last year that at some point games will start adding ads to the loading screen.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm ok with everything except them just sticking on CPT logos on the model

Can you turn it off bit by bit or is it all in one

Seems there are two options:

Ads in costumes: off or on

Ads in stages and Loading screens: off or on.

Not sure if you earn more FM for keeping everything on.

Oct 25, 2017
I actually kinda like the "ad" costume since it feels like jersey's or sponsors.

Still won't play a fighting game because I am ass at them, but I do want to see "Gamerfuel Chunners"

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Lol those ad ideas are hilarious. I'll probably turn them on for loading screens.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
they should make it f2p permanently at this point, why only a week?

OMEGALUL

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
With the shit reception SF V been getting, I'm surprised capcom hasn't released super/arcade version by now. But I guess how shit MVC was, maybe that's a good thing.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Feels like they're dipping their toes into making the game free to play. Which it probably should be. Fighting games need big player pools.
This. These are telltale signs of looking for non-converter revenue.
There's really no F2P competition right now, SF is a household name, and user acquisition costs would presumably be low.

SFV is going F2P y'all.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
If they're looking to retain some players, they should be looking at de-janking the netcode before doing this..

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
They were already doing this with red bull now its just the cpt logo instead. Is it a bad thing if people hear about the pro tour and start watching tournament? I mean its not like its an add for fast food or something like that. Again they were already doing this with the red bull costume and red bull ads on the cpt stage.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
A F2P fighting game with the same ads in the arenas and fighter outfits as real sports makes so much sense.

Deleted member 42

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I expect them to do what UFC games did once in a while and rotate ads

Red Bull
CPT
Twitch
Me buying an ad so anytime you can uppercut it just goes 'whoopsie!'

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I don't really have a problem with them promoting their tournament. They could probably go further with the idea, like allowing people to watch live matches in-game using some sort of spectator system or having tournament replays available for download. Stuff like Red Bull ads in loading screens and stages is pretty sketch, good thing you can turn them off.

The promo costumes look super ugly, however.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Feels like they're dipping their toes into making the game free to play. Which it probably should be. Fighting games need big player pools.
This. These are telltale signs of looking for non-converter revenue.
There's really no F2P competition right now, SF is a household name, and user acquisition costs would presumably be low.

SFV is going F2P y'all.
I mean, SFV only has 2 seasons left going by Ono's quote about support up to 2020. If anything, this could be a litmus test for SFVI.

ryu_highabusa

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
I paid $60 for this garbage at launch, it's still not fixed, and now they're just giving it away? I'm never giving Capcom another dollar.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
as long as they dont make FM worse than before with this change it seems fine ? I wonder if that's gonna influence any future entries from now on.