• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
While it wasn't off the table, DLC for Streets of Rage 4 wasn't necessarily confirmed either until now. We finally got confirmation that there will be future DLC for Streets of Rage 4. In the tweet there's a pretty obvious hint of Estel (a highly requested playable character) in Dotemu's tweet:

Happy to have literally any excuse to play more SOR4

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Estel had playable character written on her from the outset. Glad it's happening.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Playable Roo when?

I'm happy DLC has finally been confirmed! Hopefully this means more music gets added as well.

Fukuzatsu

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna need a three-character pack of Estel, new-art style Shiva, and Max.

Zan or Skate/Eddie would also be cool but would require more work I imagine.

OP
OP
Aswitch

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I can't wait but I want them to take their time.
Yeah going by their tweet, I'm certain they will. Considering how much love and care they gave to the base game overall I have the utmost confidence in the slew of teams working on this game. Just very curious as to how the DLC will be structured. Like additional levels with a continuation from the base game or just some characters with an overhaul of improvements. Either or will make me happy even though they're still regularly patching the base game still.

Deleted member 34873

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
I was surprised she didn't become playable in the base game with the way she was introduced, so this is definitely welcome news. Day 1!

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Estel's design is so fucking on point.

Oct 27, 2017
7jE1ljkMt9-Jes_uU5hRkQxO8i2RHNDJw1sBqcE01vphiVlcIlu1qEjonXggDjyPtbmsWos

Shiva, Dr Zan, Max and Skate next please!

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
Estel, Shiva and Max.. give me all three of them
a couple new levels or something like that would also be nice

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
More music & more content please
My LRG Switch Special Edition should be shipping soon :)

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Since the first time I fought against Estel, I told my brother "Damn, I wish she was a unlockable character". Same with Shiva (I know the SOR3 version is there, but it ain't the same).

I hope they include Estel, Shiva (SOR4) & Roo and maybe some new levels! Hell Mr/Ms Y too

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
oh awesome! that's exciting. was really hoping these were unlockables but I guess dlc is fine. the game is fun as hell

Apr 19, 2018
Will they color-swap Estel, Shiva, and Max if they're playable? Could be rather confusing fights when they go up against themselves lol.

Give me playable DJ K Washi!

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait! Blaze + Estel coop is gonna be so much fun

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
He's already there lol.

I mean, his SOR4 version isn't playable, only a retro version (which is great, to be sure, but I wouldn't mind playing with a Shiva that meshed with the surroundings).

But yeah, I had no clue if DLC was ever in the pipe on this, but I had been hoping Estel would be playable if they added characters. Like someone said, she had "Player character written all over her". I do hope her super move is an updated SOR1 super, like she uses in the first boss fight with her.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Max, Estel and Shiva feel like cut characters. Adam didn't even feel intended to be in the game as playable as he is never in the cutscenes with the main 4 apart from the ending. I'd rather get Shiva first.

Though I guess Floyd is basically Max gameplay wise.

Heidern

Oct 30, 2017
Connecticut
Before they add new characters they need to fix the balance for the existing ones. Some of their decisions need to be revisited and revised. Love the game overall but there are tweaks that need doing.