• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Dare I get my hopes up?

"In fashion of Strikers 1945" hopefully means it'll be an arcade-structured game.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I remember Strikers 1945 II and 1999 being pretty good. Have any of these people make anything lately? Don't follow the shmup scene that much.

Also, hope that means ports of the older games to all platforms. I know something got released on Switch, but otherwise? In my case, I would love to see them on PC.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
If/when it releases on Xbox I'll buy it day one, just to support the fact that it exists.

I had a great time with some of the earlier games.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I thought the thread title was saying Mario Strikers was coming in 2020 I nearly lost my mind

Bring back Strikers please

I do like the recent resurgence of shmups though.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I'd love a new 1945-style shmup. I wasn't all that impressed with the 1942 remake they released on 360/PS3 and still have the itch for more.

A casual/endless mode would be cool too, as I find them to be relaxing at times.

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
For me the best news about this is that game game is by Zerodiv and it's coming TO ARCADES <3 (yeah, I still go to my local game center, that is pretty much alive).

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
They say in the 4gamer article that the game is for Arcades and them for consoles. Considering it is an STG and is made by Zerodiv it is probably coming to exa-Arcadia, a new Arcade PCB that will be released this year and the launch titles catalog is surprisingly big.

They don't explicitly say it's coming to arcades, they say they're including arcades when they say "multi-platform" but nothing is decided, they literally have nothing but a logo.

Everything mentioned in the interview, like them wanting to make a game in the vein of early Strikers and so on, is all hedged with comments like "we haven't started yet, we're just producers and not the ones who'll actually be making the game", etc. Even the 2020 part of the title is more aspirational than definitive.

That said, Zerodiv was already working with EXA, they announced a Daraku Tenshi project a while back.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
They're also porting the (pretty bad) PSP Tengai sequel.

Sengoku Cannon? That's been out in Japan for ages, I don't know why it never came overseas... but then again, I don't know why they ported it at all, even the blurb they wrote on Nintendo's website talks about how bad it is.

Modern-day Psikyo is essentially a continuation of the studio that made Sengoku Cannon, by the way--they're responsible for a lot of really bad ports and original games, they actually discuss that a little in the interview.

dodob19

May 3, 2018
Any word on Strikers1999 on Switch on the NA eShop? It released a while back on the Japanese eShop, and it's been on sale a few times (20% off currently) but I'm still holding off for a NA release. Is there a hold-up due to modern fighter jet name licensing? I tweeted City Connection (who bought up Zerodiv) but got no answer.