• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
I spotted a stuck green pixel on my brand new Samsung TV, tried to repair it with the recommended methods: jscreenfix, YouTube strobe lights, rubbing with a cloth the area and nothing works, I suspect it was like that from factory since I got it just the last week, I'm pretty sad right now because I had to use some of my saving funds to buy it.
Such an expensive TV should have a better QA IMO.

Now I'm not sure if send the TV back to the store, or wait the pixel recover itself, I've read the stuck pixels go back to normal eventually, though it's not 100% guaranteed.

:/

tommyv2

Nov 6, 2017
Return the TV. You'll never un-see it and never be happy. Life's too short to feel regret over material possessions.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
If you get a magnifying glass and attach a needle to a soldering iron you could desolder and replace it

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You should return the TV for another one. If you're gonna spend so much money on a TV, you should pick the option that's gonna 100% give you the quality you expect, not gamble on it. It's a hassle, but it's a hassle worth doing.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
User Warned: Advocating Fraud
Return for sure. If it's too late, buy a new one and return the old. Stores get credit for those.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
My first Samsung KS8000 had a dead subpixel. Noticed it after 2-3 days. Got it exchanged no questions asked the first time. Second one had a huge purple splotch in the screen (damaged LCD I think from someone grabbing it incorrectly-- potentially the guy from the store who helped me move the TV). At that point I was so disheartened given it was one of the biggest ticket purchases I've made outside of my house & car. I wanted to return it, but I ended up getting them to send me a third TV which ended up being fine.

Also don't depend on the LCD pixel getting unstuck by itself. I've had screens with stuck pixels, and I've gotten them to get unstuck only to get stuck again. I think after YEARS of usage my old 4:3 19" LCD (which I use as a third monitor still) had the pixel become unstuck permanently.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
3onzop.jpg

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Send it back. A small, short term but of pain to get a TV that functions as advertised in the long run. Get it returned while it's still brand new.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I don't think one pixel is enough to return it. I had one on mine but very rarely see it now. You soon forget it's there.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Return.

Of course it is.
It depends on the retailer. I bought a plasma once direct from Panasonic. It had some dead pixels. They replaced it, but technically Panasonic's rules on replacements talk about requiring a certain amount of dead pixels in the central area of the screen.

Should certainly try, of course, particularly as it's brand new.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
It depends on the retailer. I bought a plasma once direct from Panasonic. It had some dead pixels. They replaced it, but technically Panasonic's rules on replacements talk about requiring a certain amount of dead pixels in the central area of the screen.

Should certainly try, of course, particularly as it's brand new.

You can choose your retailer, worth paying extra and go one with free no questions asked return/exchange. Manufacturer rules have always been BS so they can use faulty panels in expensive products.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Eyooo OP, we're on the same boat except my boat is a red one.

Q60R samsung. Got it around September last year. If you can return it, return it. You don't want to have to deal with Samsung support.
They gave me the bullshit of under certain number of stuck/dead pixel is considered normal, I will have to pay for the repair.

I tried every single online method with no luck. Fortunately the technician side of support just wants to make money and they are a third party service provider, hence they were kind enough to help me on this one. My TV will be sent in for repair next week and they will be charging Samsung for it, filing it as other manufacturing defect issue.

I don't think one pixel is enough to return it. I had one on mine but very rarely see it now. You soon forget it's there.
True that it's hard to notice, if the TV is a few years old, I would've been fine with it.
But less than a year old and paying premium for QLED TVs, I expect premium quality.

Jul 4, 2018
I'd return it. Most TVs are going to get some kind of defect eventually but right out of the box is a bit much.

I'm fully expecting my LG OLED to one day just not be nearly as bright and that'sjust the price to pay with OLED, our old LCD has a zone that the backlight stopped working on after 5 years and so now has a dark vertical stripe running down a section of the tv.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
If I'm not mistaken there's a minimum quantity of stuck/dead pixels the screen has to have in order to qualify for replacement?' I'm not sure, but just one single pixel might not be enough.

Anyway, I would relax. How are you able to see one tiny pixel in a 4k TV sitting on the sofa?

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
Return it. There's no surefire way to fix it. Even if you succeed in doing so, there's no guarantee it won't come back. It's too expensive to accept the TV as is.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
That sucks man...you should try to return it or do what i did.

I bought a Samsung QLED 4K in December 2018, my warranty period ended in December 2019. Then, in January 2020, four greenish horizontal lines appeared on the screen.

It ruined the TV for me, i filled a complain with Samsung, bashed them a lit bit in their social networks and they agreed to replaced the screen at no cost. I'm pretty happy with how that turned out.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I had a white pixel on a brand new LG OLED that got stuck after about a week of use. I returned that shit to Best Buy without issue

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
If you just bought it then exchange it at the store, all big retailers should do that no issue.

Don't bother with support unless you're out of the return window.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm not mistaken there's a minimum quantity of stuck/dead pixels the screen has to have in order to qualify for replacement?' I'm not sure, but just one single pixel might not be enough.

By the manufacturer sure... but if you buy from a retailer with a more generous policy then you get it replaced.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
I spotted a stuck green pixel on my brand new Samsung TV, tried to repair it with the recommended methods: jscreenfix, YouTube strobe lights, rubbing with a cloth the area and nothing works, I suspect it was like that from factory since I got it just the last week, I'm pretty sad right now because I had to use some of my saving funds to buy it.
Such an expensive TV should have a better QA IMO.

Now I'm not sure if send the TV back to the store, or wait the pixel recover itself, I've read the stuck pixels go back to normal eventually, though it's not 100% guaranteed.

:/
Yea replace it. Stuck pixels are rare on lcd nowadays. So replacing it would most likely fix it.

The reason why there are still tvs with dead or stuck pixels of bc most if not all manufactures have an "acceptabilily range". It sucks but stores will replace it 99% of the time.

Also have you found a solution to the thing you Dm'd me about?

OP
OP
cucholix

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
Yea replace it. Stuck pixels are rare on lcd nowadays. So replacing it would most likely fix it.

The reason why there are still tvs with dead or stuck pixels of bc most if not all manufactures have an "acceptabilily range". It sucks but stores will replace it 99% of the time.

Also have you found a solution to the thing you Dm'd me about?
I think it's because my Switch goes through a receiver to the TV, apparently the receiver doesn't pass through the hdr signal.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
TC

look up burn in fix on youtube , an 8 hour video that spams red blue and green boxes.

play it on your tv for literally 10 hours.

After about a yeart or two of use, my OLED dims in small spots, , i just do a manual pixel refresh to fix it though.

Sorry to hear that TC

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
Of course you can return the TV depending on the store ls return policy ussually 30 days you need no reason to make a return within this period its your consumer right.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
I think it's because my Switch goes through a receiver to the TV, apparently the receiver doesn't pass through the hdr signal.
Switch doesnt support HDR, the HDR plus(the SDR to HDR converter) option on samsung is basically fake HDR. Its basically Dolby pro Logic but the video equivalent of it.

The HDR plus option is not available on the Q70r/Q80r/Q90r sets from 2019. Its not like your really missing much tbh(the sdr to hdr converter that is, not the HDR itself ofc)

OP
OP
cucholix

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
They exchanged my TV for a new one, but this have a big clouding defect on the botton left area :/

I read on Sony TV site that's a normal issue with new TVs and it disappears within the next weeks or months...

Jan 29, 2018
They exchanged my TV for a new one, but this have a big clouding defect on the botton left area :/

I read on Sony TV site that's a normal issue with new TVs and it disappears within the next weeks or months...

Did you exchange it for a Sony or another Samsung? I got a Samsung QLED in October and didn't have anything like that.

Jan 29, 2018
Another Samsung QLED

When's your return period up? You could put it through its paces for a day or two to see if it resolves itself.

Sorry you're having trouble. It sucks when something you're excited about doesn't go smoothly. TVs are actually one of the few things I buy extended warranties for, though I don't even know if those cover dead pixels.

OP
OP
cucholix

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
When's your return period up? You could put it through its paces for a day or two to see if it resolves itself.

Sorry you're having trouble. It sucks when something you're excited about doesn't go smoothly. TVs are actually one of the few things I buy extended warranties for, though I don't even know if those cover dead pixels.
I will pack it again, hopefully the third one is right, and yeah it sucks planned play on weekend.