• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Okabe

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Uhhhhh

sw1BrFX.png

Edit this is from the jp site .

Can a mod update the title ?

Gabriel Hall

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if you can substitute any of those styles with Quicksilver or Doppelganger.

Man, imagine the Doppelganger combos you can come up with now that you'd have access to other Styles.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom treating Switch owners right 😭

if this is only the first new addition, I wonder what the other two are?

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Now I'm motivated...
this is lame if they don't bring it to the PS4/Xbox One and PC release

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I wonder if you can substitute any of those styles with Quicksilver or Doppelganger.

Man, imagine the Doppelganger combos you can come up with now that you'd have access to other Styles.

I'm guessing you can double tap to get into Doppleganger or Quicksilver like you had to double tap to go to Darkslayer style in DMC4.

But I'd like the option of being able to assign them. Not a fan of double tap directions personally.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Every update happens on a Thursday, so I think at least one of them is probably a demo.
The other might be waggle controls or something MP with Doppleganger.
Yeah MP is highly likely I think, Switch is made for it

What would be really cool is if Nintendo pulled some strings and got something Bayonetta in there

direct_quote

Oct 25, 2017
Damn now time to buy DMC3 again! Hopefully they give Vergil something else too (though with Dante it was probably easy to add style switching, would have to make new content for Vergil)

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Damn now time to buy DMC3 again! Hopefully they give Vergil something else too (though with Dante it was probably easy to add style switching, would have to make new content for Vergil)

I'd just be happy if they gave him some of his DMC4SE moves.

Or at the least, would it really be that hard to repurpose Boss!Vergil's Judgement Cut End into something that the PC version could do?

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Wellp, should I jump in with this one or play 1 first?

In 2001 DMC1 was the most amazing shit I ever played.

But in 2020, it's an action game with Resident Evil like - fixed camera angles, and a limited combat system compared to DMC3-5 and Platinum Games stuff.

I would say it's absolutely worth it to play DMC1. It's music, levels, art design, and general enemy and bosses are fantastic. It's also pretty short.
But it's camera and controls will piss you off. If you make the effort to adapt to it, you'll enjoy it.

Skip DMC2.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing you can double tap to get into Doppleganger or Quicksilver like you had to double tap to go to Darkslayer style in DMC4.

But I'd like the option of being able to assign them. Not a fan of double tap directions personally.

I'd be surprised if it's anything other than that. probably left or right twice gets you one, and up or down twice gets you the other.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Haven't played DMC4 and 5 (I should sometime), but style switching looks pretty damn cool. Maybe I will actually beat DMC3 this time, and move on to later games eventually.

Gabriel Hall

Oct 27, 2017

I too would like the option of assigning "Style loadouts", I guess would be the term, to the D-pad. Though I did like how graceful it was to swap between the five styles in DMC4 (ie, if you wanted Dark Slayer, you merely had to tap your currently-equipped Style Change button), that isn't quite going to work in this case when you have two Styles outside of the core four.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll already gathered this but text says something like

"In FREE STYLE, while in motion you can freely change styles!"

"*Limited to using 2 Joy-cons/Pro controller modes"

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019