• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Style Switching Confirmed by Matt (Other Style are through Double Taps)

Additional Information can be found here (Livestream with first gameplay also confirmed here for 1/16 at 5PM EST)

Other Updates

Screenshots
switch-style1.jpg
switch-style2.jpg

switch-style3.jpg

switch-style4.jpg

CAPCOM

IS

BAAAAAAACK!

-Video :

Edit: January 30th update : Weapon switching!

Here is a video explaining how this works

Last edited:

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
One of my favorite games just got even better! It always felt like either Trickster or Swordmaster should've been active on the default controls.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Considering the original game using it's directional pad kinda useless, in my opinion, this is great.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
But how will I see the map now!?!?!

lol jk

I might get this, the only DMC worth rebuying.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if they will patch the PS4 and Xbox One versions.

or the PS3/360 version lmao

OP
OP
Okabe

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
You've heard of it haven't you ? The legend of sparda...I mean the switch version of DMC3:SE ? I've never believed it. I always thought it was just a child's fairy tale. But I discovered that this so-called port wasn't a myth at all. Style switching existed. How do I know? Well... I met the joycons of Sparda... Both of them.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
This would make it even more tempting to buy DMC3 again, even with Capcom's weird decision to release the Switch ports individually.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
After learning how to use royalguard in DMC5, I am so down for this... but I'm not buying a new version for it. I'll wait for the PS4 version to get patched in a few months.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
It's pretty exceptional that switch ends up getting the definitive versions of third party games despite the system supposedly lacking in power.

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who hasn't actually picked up the modern version of the HD collection (replayed DMC3 on PS3 last year!), I'd be open to pick this up.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Tempting, but I don't see anything in that by itself which suggests that this is real time style shifting. It being "new" could be in the context of the series, and how at the time it was a new concept for Dante to have styles; nothing in that blurb explicitly suggests real time. Was the site different before a few days ago? Does the switch version not use that UI?

Oct 29, 2017
I'm legit shocked! Capcom actually put some effort into a Switch port! And it's a literally game changing feature!

Style Switching is absolutely huge! It completely changes the way that the game is played! It would actually make DMC3SE worth buying on Switch, even at the absurd price!

Why the hell were they able to do this with DMC3SE, and yet we couldn't get the RE4 Wii controls put back into RE4 HD on Switch!?

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Surly the actual audience of the game will get it as well right?

I'm not buying another version of this game.